• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking Thread

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
What did you lubricate with?

William

I am the guy.
Here's a little cooking tip I picked up after turning into a complete health nut.

When boiling eggs, do not boil fresh eggs. They are extremely hard to peel. Wait at least a week before boiling them. This will make the shell easier to get off. Trust me.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I think butter smells funny to cook with, I try to avoid it.

Besides... the stuff I get is delicious. :v

Margarine is made from corn. They take corn oil and hydrogenate it to make it solid at room temperature Hydrogenation is the process that turns unsaturated fats into the trans fats that wreck your cholesterol.

It's inferior to butter culinarily and nutritionally, no real cook anywhere uses it anymore.

Xenke

Margarine is made from corn. They take corn oil and hydrogenate it to make it solid at room temperature Hydrogenation is the process that turns unsaturated fats into the trans fats that wreck your cholesterol.

It's inferior to butter culinarily and nutritionally, no real cook anywhere uses it anymore.

I'm not a real cook. :v

And my marg is made with olive oil, and supposedly doesn't have transfat. Then again, it hardly stays solid at all, so... that could be why. Not that I particularly trust food companies and their claims.

William

I am the guy.
Tomorrow's menu is going to be weird because a friend wants to take me to a restaurant during my lunch break. Not worried about making a bad decision food-wise, just uncertain if this place will have nutrition info so I can record everything.

Breakfast is unflavored cooked oatmeal with strawberry slices, walnuts, and Greek yogurt. Snacks are apples and dried unflavored seaweed.
For dinner, depending on what I eat for lunch, I'll probably end up making grilled trout or finishing up the smoked salmon with capers in the fridge. Trout will be flavored with lemon juice and pepper, nothing else, and some greens to the side. Small piece of sharp cheddar and a glass of milk with protein powder before bed.

Feels good to be HOPPED UP ON STEROIDS AND PUNCHING EVERYTHING fit.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas

~secret~

Banned
Banned
Just made a feast of sausage rolls, pizza, and frying steak sammiches. Washed down with 2 litres of milk, it'll cure whatever ails you.

I have a sammich recipe I've been really wanting to try out, but don't have any of the stuff i need for it

2 slices of bread (Of course.)

Hot sauce/Queso dip

Shredded chicken

Steak bits

Apply the queso/hot sauce/BOTH to the bread, but veeeeeery lightly, don't want a soggy sammich

Pile on the chicken and steak bits (Steak should be rare/medium rare, well done would make it too tough)

Take a bite, me gusta. but there isn't enough gusta in it, so

put on a plate

Microwave for 30 seconds

Anyone wanna try to make it?

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF

It's okay, she went into the back and had a lasagne sandwich.

[yt]gOyNjt_0zeM[/yt]

Oh God.

Quick recipe for you all.

Beer Steamed Sausage and Peppers

6 Italian or Portuguese Rolls
6 Hot or Sweet Italian Sausages
3 Bell Peppers
1 Onion
1 Bottle Beer (preferably a German beer like Beck's)
Oregano
Basil
Red Pepper Flakes
Extra Virgin olive oil

Start by lightly drizzling olive oil over sausages and preheat grill to 300 degrees.

Cut up peppers and onion and drizzle more olive oil over them and lightly toss.

Grill sausages, turning them every few minutes to make sure they're cooked through. NEVER UNDER COOK SAUSAGES. General Rule: When it's brown, it's cooking, when it's charred, it's done.

Meanwhile, in large pan or wok, begin sauteing peppers and onions with spices. After a minute or two, add beer and allow it to start cooking off. When sausages are done, cut them in half and add them to the pan to soak up oil and beer. Serve on rolls with pasta salad of your choice. I prefer a tomato-mozzarella salad with penne.

venetis

I would like to suggest some new recipes here:

Hamburger, Rice, and Soup (or HRS)
Descriptive title, no?
Tasty and quick!

1lb ground turkey (or hamburger)
2 cups rice
1 can cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom) soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
approx. 1 soup can of water
Seasonings to taste (I use Worchestershire sauce, Kitchen Bouquet or beef bouillon cube, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning)

Cook rice (pan or rice cooker). Place turkey/hamburger and seasonings to taste in a large skillet or saucepan, cook until brown, drain if you wish (turkey you really don't have to, since it's mostly water anyway, but hamburger you might want to drain to keep down the fat content). Add both cans of soup and about 3/4 soup can of water, stir until smooth. Add cooked rice, stir until blended, cook on med-low for about 5 minutes to allow everything to heat and blend, serve. Makes about 8 - 1.5 cup servings, approx. 427 calories each.

Variation: Substitute instant rice for cooked rice, same amount but increase water to 2 cups in order to cook the instant rice. Add after soup and cook until rice is done, about 15 min.

1. Acquire 1/2 refrigerated sub.
2. Cook in microwave oven for 12-16 seconds.

And that concludes our segment, Cooking with Sollux!

Jack

I made A fettucini chicken Alfredo all from scratch today :D
I cut the noodles a little too thick Q.Q but the sauce was killer! :D oh well, that's why I'm going to culinary school to learn how to cook the right way! ^//^

no picky tho Q.Q I eated it too fast! XP

William

I am the guy.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts have been my savior this week. No flavors, just grilled on a Foreman until no pink is there. I cheated and added some pepper though. I decided to combine that with brown rice and broccoli. Gettin some health food in this bitch.

Lobar

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts have been my savior this week. No flavors, just grilled on a Foreman until no pink is there. I cheated and added some pepper though. I decided to combine that with brown rice and broccoli. Gettin some health food in this bitch.

What insane diet are you on where a pinch of black pepper is "cheating"?

William

I am the guy.
What insane diet are you on where a pinch of black pepper is "cheating"?

"Cheating" because I normally eat it without anything on it, so it was like a nice break. Doesn't affect my diet but I prefer it without. Seasonings like pepper or lemon juice or mixed spices I consider "treats" to break up the monotony of my diet. It works well.

Lobar

"Cheating" because I normally eat it without anything on it, so it was like a nice break. Doesn't affect my diet but I prefer it without. Seasonings like pepper or lemon juice or mixed spices I consider "treats" to break up the monotony of my diet. It works well.

This still leaves open the question on why you insist on such a bland and repetitive diet in the first place. Are you trying to bore your tongue to death or what? :|