• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking

Jashwa

I like food.

Cooking it, however, I'm not good at. I can microwave stuff, if that counts.

I also cook a mean bowl of Captain Crunch.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I love Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and I'm getting my parents to give me their old deep fryer. The two issues are likely related.
Enjoy GIANT THIGHS! It'll just make your ass huge.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
I love Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and I'm getting my parents to give me their old deep fryer. The two issues are likely related.

Yes. Yes they are :D

Can't underestimate the value of a good deep fryer...or an indoor Grill.
I use my grill all the time from making hamburgers to sandwiches.

Try this out while you're waiting for your deep fryer, ashley. A friend gave me this cooking tip.

Grab a tupperware container and put maybe 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the bottom, then add a tsp of your favourite spice. (Italian seasoning works best) Add frozen fries to the container and close it. Shake it well so that all the fries are coated, then cook the fries as per instructions.

When you take out the fries they'll be crispy and awesome *G*. For the best crunch wait a few minutes before eating. Ohhh..so good!

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
cooking is awesome! i love to experiment around in the kitchen^^

Ricky

I love cooking and have been trying to do more, since everything you get out to eat for the most part is pretty unhealthy.

Some of my favorite dishes I'll cook:

red curry over sweet rice (I make it like a light version of rice pudding, half the milk and not as much brown sugar, but with the cinnamon sticks and vanilla and nutmeg and stuff). I usually marinate the meat in like szechuan/peanut sauce and add some red curry after throwing it (and the marinade) on the stove.

Hawaiian meatloaf -- find a recipe for meatloaf calling for tomato sauce and ketchup and substitute equal amounts of crushed pineapple and hoisin

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas -- I'll make that with the breaded chicken patties you find in the frozen food section after cooking them on a skillet and sear the tortillas with a little butter (so they get crispy) and a small dash of soy sauce for taste... Add the BBQ sauce on a tortilla and the cheese and cook in a skillet

Wow... I could keep going but those are a few of my favorites. I also like making Tiramisu but not a big fan of most other dessert foods (maybe some that aren't too sweet)

ChrisPanda

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far
Love pork rizzoles. meat and potatoe pie, bacon and cheese loaded baked potatoe skins and tirramasu. and many more.

p.s also a big fan of french bread pizzas

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
On the rare occasion I have an oppertunity to cook for others, I get praised as the best italian cook this side of Lake Champlain. I'm actually a supurb cook, and my lasagna and other pasta dishes are knock-your-socks-off good. Unfortunately, I'm usually too lazy or exausted to actually cook, so I rely heavily on heat-and-eat meals when I'm at home on my own.

Meh. I need a boyfriend. Living alone sucks.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
I love cooking (and baking)! Make all sorts of stuff when I have the time, though often I tend to do quicker meals because of little free time on weeknights. Then again, people often tell me my "quicker meals' are still quite elaborate. :) And Nargle! Nice to see you - been a while since I'd seen ya on. :) I'll have to get a chance to write a recipe for here.

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!

Nargle

HOOT
After a little persuasion from my boyfriend, I've decided to make some clam chowder soon. Soups are really fun in my opinion, and I love how you can just heat them up for lunch the next day. Plus my boyfriends been really persistent about wanting some clam chowder XD Any recipes you'd like to suggest? I have plenty of potatoes, and will canned clams work?

Also, I totally want to make gumbo, because that's one of my favorite foods EVER. However, mussels and other seafoods are really expensive, and I just dunno if I should make it unless I can get, you know, the good ingredients, not just like, chicken and cheap Wal-mart shrimps. Kinda like making a cake without icing, ya know?

Oh yeah, and another reason I like soups is because I always like to give Basil some soup with his kibble at dinner =D Except things like Tortilla soup, because he's allergic to corn. But otherwise it's a pretty healthy addition.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
one time i tried to make hot chocolate. i didn't read the directions and just put the powder in the microwave.

that doesn't work.

haven't cooked since.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
one time i tried to make hot chocolate. i didn't read the directions and just put the powder in the microwave.

that doesn't work.

haven't cooked since.
Did you know, milk powder is a volatile explosive?

DarkChaos

I'm sure you're very special.
I used to only do simple cooking, such as baking. I sometimes do heavier stuff, though, like stir-fry and that, but right now I'm really interested in seeing how creative I can get with a rice cooker.
I've already made some congee [accidentally], but I'm trying to see if I can cook an entire meal in a rice cooker. Vegetables and the rice are simple to do, I've just got to figure out how to cook meat in the thing.