• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

coping strategies

Iokaru

Guitar Zero
Having been rejected by the fur i was in love with in a rather dickish way, im wondering about coping strategies to prevent me from flipping my lid..any suggestions..?

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
You'll get over it.

That may sound trite, but nearly everyone goes through a tough breakup at some point in their lives, and they manage to dust themselves off and get back to everyday life.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
you really don't want to hear my coping strategies

they tend to be well disliked

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Have a near-death experience and realise how fleeting it all is, prompting you to no longer care for what you've lost, but seeking just to experience what you can. :3

Or in a less sardonic way... try not to worry. If you've been rejected by someone, it hurts, but it hurts because you're learning that the relationship you dreamed of wasn't going to happen. You've got to remember that there will be many people in your life. The only thing stopping you from meeting them is your devotion to the person who just let you go.

Anubite

That White Guy
I recommend a hobby, get your mind off of a lot of things, this is a hobby yes, but it could be anything. For me I have wargaming.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
Don't date furries.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
im wondering about coping strategies to prevent me from flipping my lid..any suggestions..?

Lots of illegal things, sad songs, sleeping, and general mopeyness, worked for me, kind of, not really. :V

BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO CUT ME OFF! MAKE OUT LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED AND THAT WE WERE NOTHING! :V

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
Lots of illegal things, sad songs, sleeping, and general mopeyness, worked for me, kind of, not really. :V

BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO CUT ME OFF! MAKE OUT LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED AND THAT WE WERE NOTHING! :V

But now he's just somebody that I used to know... So,
I told the witch doctor you didn't love me true
I told the witch doctor you didn't love me nice
And then the witch doctor, he gave me this advice
He said to ...

Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang...

Wulfe

Rawr!!
Have a near-death experience and realise how fleeting it all is, prompting you to no longer care for what you've lost, but seeking just to experience what you can. :3

All trolling side and in all seriousness, how do you willingly have a Near death experience? Im looking to have one, as retarded as that sounds...I live a boring life, hoping It may spark something inside me or give me some insight.

But back on topic. OP, just forget about it, do something to take your mind off it. Keep your mind active until you can accept what has happened. Your worst enemy imo is your mind...Take that for what its worth

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
All trolling side and in all seriousness, how do you willingly have a Near death experience? Im looking to have one, as retarded as that sounds...I live a boring life, hoping It may spark something inside me or give me some insight.

try jumping off the roof

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
Just laugh. Laugh your fucking arse for no apparent reason. It can do wonders. =)

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
All trolling side and in all seriousness, how do you willingly have a Near death experience? Im looking to have one, as retarded as that sounds...I live a boring life, hoping It may spark something inside me or give me some insight

You can't willingly have one, but throwing yourself into situations that involve a little risk tends to do it. In all seriousness, the fear of risk is what makes so many people's lives unfulfilling. I for one jump around car parks. :u

Wulfe

Rawr!!
You can't willingly have one, but throwing yourself into situations that involve a little risk tends to do it. In all seriousness, the fear of risk is what makes so many people's lives unfulfilling. I for one jump around car parks. :u

Well damn, there goes that idea. I realized the last part a bit late D: Been in a real "fuck it, what do I have to lose" mood a lot lately but nothing to do.

I assume you do parkour/free running or w.e in "car parks"? wtf is a car park...cause Im thinking its just one big parking lot. Cant imagine someone jumping around on peoples cars xD

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Well damn, there goes that idea. I realized the last part a bit late D: Been in a real "fuck it, what do I have to lose" mood a lot lately but nothing to do.

I assume you do parkour/free running or w.e in "car parks"? wtf is a car park...cause Im thinking its just one big parking lot. Cant imagine someone jumping around on peoples cars xD

That feeling's pretty much why I started freerunning in the first place; got bored of stuff, so then I just decided to climb a ladder on the side of a building, and the rest was history. [Well, actually, the rest was a police record, for criminal damage and trespass, but I swear I was just trying to get over a wall.]

And yeah, here in the UK we call 'em 'car parks'. It's multi-storey so there's plenty of opportunity to jump around. :>

Wulfe

Rawr!!
Id LOVE to do start free running but theres no where I can think of to start/practice. Plus I grew up around smokers...bad lungs D: