• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

COPPA and Furry Youtube

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Figured this was worth sharing here due to the implications it could have for furry youtubers.
Apparently with new youtube guidlines coming soon, when it comes to labeling videos... youtube itself and the FCC could label your videos for you, or more importantly, decide your video is labeld wrong, which would lead to a 42,000 dollar fine PER video.

Where this effects furry youtube is, there could be a high chance that fursuit videos could be auto labeled as 'for kids' even if the content is ment for adults or teens. and if the algorythum decides your video was in fact 'for kids' and not labled....boom FCC fine :/

I've seen a few people on twitter stating they are getting ready to delete all their videos, so I figured I would share some information on it here

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
We have TWO threads about this, featuring the same video already,

None of the three threads we have about this are informative and they include numerous glaring lies (which I'm pretty sure are being promoted by Youtube the company itself) or mistakes. In this thread the OP even spells 'FTC' incorrectly.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
We have TWO threads about this, featuring the same video already,

None of the three threads we have about this are informative and they include numerous glaring lies (which I'm pretty sure are being promoted by Youtube the company itself) or mistakes. In this thread the OP even spells 'FTC' incorrectly.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, it was posted in a rush before heading out to get stuff done. I don't think the lawer is lying though. Also when it comes to broadcast(s) the FCC as well as the FTC are agencies that both have control so it's still kinda applicable.

We've already hashed over this pretty well in this thread, so you may want to head over there. ;)
oops, my bad