• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cosmos in Helluva Boss / Hazbin Hotel ?

PC Master Race

Original counterpart : https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/cosmos-the-restorer.1671283/
  • NAME : Cosmos
  • SPECIES : demonic beast (unofficial ; same rank as imps and hell hounds)
  • ORIGIN : hell-born
  • RELATIVES : Sol (adopted younger brother) / Galaxy and Neio (adopted kids)
  • NICKNAMES :
1609224829.steelite_jin__65_-.png

- BACKGROUND -
Cosmos is the founder of his weapon-smith business in Hell, with his workshop and home located in the Pride Ring. He has an adopted younger brother, a demonic beast (monkey-gorilla) named Sol, and two adopted hell hound children, Galaxy and Neio.
Cosmos started his career and business as a blacksmith solely on the ideal of appreciating weapons as art pieces, rather than actual tools for fighting and killing. As time went on however, he slowly changed his style to make his weapons more simple and practical so they would be "more usable than just wall-hangers". He opened his workshop in the Pride Ring.
Over time, he grew more ambitious, and somewhat obsessed, with his career (which he calls his "legacy"), and dreamed of becoming a legendary blacksmith in Hell. However, at the same time he also developed a case of thanatophobia, fearing that everything he had built up would be gone and forgotten with him forever once he is no more. For that reason, he tries his hardest to convince his two adopted children to continue his career.

- PERSONALITY -
Cosmos is a nerd for melee weapons, be it from medieval eras, modern days, or even sci-fi. His favorite designs are those that are minimal, simple, practical and versatile for fighting. However, he doesn't have much interest for katanas and other similar weapons, calling them "overrated". That doesn't mean he wouldn't make them though, if the customer wants.
He has his pride in his talents and skills as a weapon-smith, but he's also very easily shattered due to his over-sensitive nature, mostly from his jealousy and self-doubt, if/whenever his weapons don't get as much reputation/recognition as others do. When in that mood, he tends to be very intalkative, as a way to "keep [himself' shut" so he wouldn't bother anyone with his "bullshit". The only people he'd open up to about this matter are his brother Sol and his adopted kids. However, most of the time he would usually just go to play video games while having junk food to get over it, because he feels that even his family has their limits of tolerating his "bullshit".
Outside his job, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing games or doing friendly, casual spars with them.
Regarding his business, Cosmos proves to be rather wily and sly, despite his clumsy look. He sets up his workshop at the Pride Ring of Hell to attract as many types of customers as possible, be it sinners wanting vengeance for their deaths, assassins taking kill contracts from said sinners, or simply those fighting each other for their own reasons (similar to Angel Dust versus Sir Pentious). However, he always tries really hard not to let his curiosity get the best of him and ask about the customers' intent, in fear that he'd get an answer he really doesn't want to hear (for example if the customer in question is a psycho going for a shoot-out at a school in the living world).
At the same time, however, Cosmos ironically has quite a meek and submissive side, wanting to avoid all sorts of conflicts and fighting (be it verbal or "physical") as much as he can. He always feels bad about himself for quite a while whenever scolded and nagged at (also because of his self-doubt), and he really hates that he can't "grow a pair and just get over it already" whenever it happens. In turn, this leads to him being rather social-awkward, making it hard for him to start or keep a conversation going, and to even get his points across, which often results in having to explain himself 2-3 more times.
Despite his business, he can never stomach the thought of him actually killing anyone himself. Even when absolutely furious, he's still surprisingly composed enough not to fly into a blind rage and kill anyone. He's also extremely against the act of torturing someone and giving them a slow, painful death, finding it "disgusting and sickening". Ironically, his weapons of choice are mostly blunt (club, mace, hammer, etc) ; they're non-lethal, but at the same time perfect tools for torturing people and beating them up.

- SKILLS, TALENTS AND POWERS -
- Weapon repair : Cosmos specialized in repairing weapons and restoring their magical enchantment back as new, regardless of how damaged or worn-out they are.
- Weapon summon : Cosmos has excellent mastery in using gravity magic to remotely manipulate melee weapons to attack and defend himself. He is capable of wielding up to 6 at any given time, regardless of type, size and weight (though attacks with the bigger and heavier weapons are still slower). This allows him to bypass techniques that would otherwise disarm or disable him.
- Undead : While Cosmos' body is still vulnerable to exorcists' weapons and anything else that can harm/kill a demon, his soul is capable of keeping itself intact and preventing itself from being trapped in inanimate objects, thanks to his gravity-based power, should he ever die. His soul would eventually possess a dead body from the living world and come back to his original form of a mammoth taur, but slightly more damaged and decaying. With each death, Cosmos would come back weaker and look more like a zombie. The only way to fully return back to his normal self is by killing a demon and absorbing its energy ; this would also "reset" his death count.

- TRIVIA -
- It is speculated that the exorcists leave Cosmos and his family alone during the yearly extermination, due to his business indirectly encouraging genocide and violence among other demons. The demons killing each other, in a way, saves the exorcists some time and effort with dealing with the overpopulation problem. However, this has never really been confirmed.
- Being an elephant beast, Cosmos has good hearing sense, but at the same time he's sensitive to loud noises. This make him find the default screaming ringtone in the demons' hell-phones absolutely unbearable and insufferable.
- The idea of Cosmos returning back to life after each death, looking more and more like a zombie, is based on the "Hollow" state in Dark Souls 2. Additionally, the only way to fully return back to his normal self being killing other demon and absorbing its energy, is similar to consuming an item called "Humanity", which can be acquired by killing other players in PvP.
- Cosmos' weapons used to be extremely impractical due to their awkward design. He claims that his decision to completely scrap/overhaul all of them was inspired by this video :

Last edited:

TheCynicalViet

You know what I just realized? There's a character in my comic that would be such good friends with Cosmos especially with their love of weapons. Cosmos being an experienced blacksmith who clearly loves his career of forging weapons and my character who has the de facto best weapon set in the entire world of my comic who take the form of Hindu astras used in the Mahabharate and Ramayana.

He'd show Cosmos his Trishula (trident used by Shiva) or his Kaumodaki (mace used by Vishu) or his Brahmastra (literal nuke used by Brahma) or whatever and then Cosmos would show him his creations and they'd both compliment each other's weapons. Something wholesome like that.

If you don't mind me asking, since we're talking about lore, what would you consider to be Cosmos's magnum opus in terms of the weapons he's created? Every craftsman has something they consider their best work that sets the standard for their future projects after all.

PC Master Race

You know what I just realized? There's a character in my comic that would be such good friends with Cosmos especially with their love of weapons. Cosmos being an experienced blacksmith who clearly loves his career of forging weapons and my character who has the de facto best weapon set in the entire world of my comic who take the form of Hindu astras used in the Mahabharate and Ramayana.

He'd show Cosmos his Trishula (trident used by Shiva) or his Kaumodaki (mace used by Vishu) or his Brahmastra (literal nuke used by Brahma) or whatever and then Cosmos would show him his creations and they'd both compliment each other's weapons. Something wholesome like that.
Ooooh that sounds like fun indeed. The two gonna be best buddies from what I can see, hehe.
Also consider checking my other guy out if you like : https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/jin-is-back.1673003/

If you don't mind me asking, since we're talking about lore, what would you consider to be Cosmos's magnum opus in terms of the weapons he's created? Every craftsman has something they consider their best work that sets the standard for their future projects after all.
As for the one he considers his personal best... I'd say, this.
1611906367.steelite_sword_73.png

Swords are overrated, sure, but who can say no to this beautiful monster, hehe.

TheCynicalViet

Ooooh that sounds like fun indeed. The two gonna be best buddies from what I can see, hehe.
Also consider checking my other guy out if you like : https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/jin-is-back.1673003/

As for the one he considers his personal best... I'd say, this.
1611906367.steelite_sword_73.png

Swords are overrated, sure, but who can say no to this beautiful monster, hehe.
That does look nice! I mean, I'd agree that swords are over-represented but it's sort of a thing found in both real life and in stories all over the world to have swords that are extremely well crafted or have high symbolic meaning (I don't know why, it's just a thing I noticed). You shouldn't hold it against Cosmos to make beautiful sword when everybody else tries to make their own perfect sword.

PC Master Race

That does look nice! I mean, I'd agree that swords are over-represented but it's sort of a thing found in both real life and in stories all over the world to have swords that are extremely well crafted or have high symbolic meaning (I don't know why, it's just a thing I noticed). You shouldn't hold it against Cosmos to make beautiful sword when everybody else tries to make their own perfect sword.
Oh I wouldn't hold it against Cosmos. In fact, I want all my sonas to be able to make beautiful weapons, especially my guy Jin !
In fact Jin is a counterpart of Cosmos, so...

PC Master Race

And these are what Jin has in store.
1614263413.steelite_sword_74.png

1614069046.steelite_shield_14.png