• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Costuming - but not fursuiting?

Rexcaliburr

Vault Hunter
hey guys, so on the 26th i will be attending furrylah in singapore but i have a question.

i'm going dressed as my fursona, but not in a fursuit because 1. I do not own a fursuit, 2. I'm too poor to get one and 3. It's on such short notice so there's no way I can make one for myself and 4. She's a little more humanoid than most.

i'm using sleeves instead for her fur markings and makeup for her face and such like the attachment, but i don't know if this is acceptable at conventions? that is essentially the question - is this acceptable or will i get weird looks for not going all the way?

1117f8c0b2b00443c0c6116a52685056.png

tucakeane

There's different levels of suiting at cons. Some people wear fursuits and they're considered exceptional (mostly due to price and the hassle of bringing them through airports/bus stations/etc.) Ears, paws and tails are more practical and fairly more common. And many people don't dress up at all, not even a badge.
It's not a competition, really. You'll blend in just fine :)

Rexcaliburr

Vault Hunter
There's different levels of suiting at cons. Some people wear fursuits and they're considered exceptional (mostly due to price and the hassle of bringing them through airports/bus stations/etc.) Ears, paws and tails are more practical and fairly more common. And many people don't dress up at all, not even a badge.
It's not a competition, really. You'll blend in just fine :)
Well, I think that would be OK

ahh thanks guys! it's my first convention so i'm a little nervous. thanks!

Mr.Foox

Daddy Fooxy
The most I'll do at cons is wear a tail with crudely spray painted brown on it, I got food, bills and my own well being before I even consider a suit. :3