• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FurryGuardian816

Troll-Hunting Homosapien
I'd love to have this in place, because I'm tired of people abusing the block system.
Blocking should be for more serious matters, like harassment and death threats, not for small things like unauthorized art submissions.

I see way too many people abuse the system this way. One infraction of any size and your vilified for life.

I propose a court hearing system to have negotiations with the said person in front of a judge and jury of other users, to give defendants their fair share of justice.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but assuming it isn't, that would only escalate the drama. If someone has any reason they don't want to connect to you, or they don't want to hear from you, they don't have to.
You have that same right. If you can't get along, then move along. Simple as that.

If staff (that aren't paid) have to sift through and come up with rules that are 'justified blocks' then we'd never have our support tickets answered.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I'd love to have this in place, because I'm tired of people abusing the block system.
Blocking should be for more serious matters, like harassment and death threats, not for small things like unauthorized art submissions.

I see way too many people abuse the system this way. One infraction of any size and your vilified for life.

I propose a court hearing system to have negotiations with the said person in front of a judge and jury of other users, to give defendants their fair share of justice.

Cute proposal but one major flaw, this isn't a democracy...the owners of the site are rightful dictators and they rule above all. If you have a complaint, you already have the right to go through them and state your case through e-mail or whatever other form you have to state your case. It's not up to group vote at all! <shrug> Fairness has nothing to do with it...but I've found that they seem pretty fair so far, so odds are you just didn't like what they had to say on something. Ah well, it happens, you'll recover. But no need for unnecessary drama and dragging everything through a private matter between you and an admin just to get a virtual mob behind you, come on...<sighs>

dim35

I have to disagree with the opening suggestions. If I don't want to hear from you and associate with you, why should I be forced to have to deal with you if a court hearing rules against me? Ditto for you. If you don't want to deal with me, why should you be forced to have to interact with you?

If I am forced to deal with someone I don't want to, I'll just leave the site and then nobody will interact with me.