• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Coyote Yote - Appreciation Thread

Connor J. Coyote

Anyway.... be a good Yotie Yote, now..... and - Ride Em' Cowboy ! ♥ ;)

Chillin' on a Saturday....

Last edited:

Stag_In_Padding

Banned
Banned
Well folks, I got to thinking, lately.... :cool:

We've had some threads on here, (both now, and in the past) - appreciating foxes, raccoons, silly parrots; and even : boxes, watermelon, and corn..... and so - I figured (what the heck) - it's very *high time* and very long overdue - that this Forum board has a place for us "coyote yotes" to get our appreciation, and our love too....eh? :) :D

And so - any (and all) users (on here) are more than welcome - to feel free and show some love for the canid species - known as coyote - starting today, and going forward into the future.... and you can do this by - sharing some photos you have, sharing some interesting tid bits that you know, and even talking about some good personal experiences - that you've had with us.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, (about coyotes) also.... and - I'll try *my best* to answer it for you, (if I can). ;)

** And as we go forward - (yours truly): "Connor J. Coyote" will be at the forefront, also - of daily postings on here - (appreciating the): :cool:"Cult of Yote":cool:....

And each day - that I log on to the Forums, (when ever that is) - I'll try to add a photo or two of a coyote, (along with some information on it, if I can) - in order to show our love, respect, esteem, and admiration - of the coyote species.

Sound cool? :cool:

I think so - and so, let's enjoy this thread, just for ourselves ! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:D:eek: ** Please (note): that even though my personal Fursona is a coyote yote - nothing on this thread is (or should be) about me in any way, please- just coyote yotes, in general... cool? :)

I've always been intrigued with the Mythos around the Coyote (in N. American/Native American theology).
Like the Raven/Crow, the canid version of 'The Trickster' certainly seems apropos!?
:)
Living in rural Oregon, however?
Coyotes are serious threats to every rancher's livestock. Entire herds of sheep/goats/cows and even herds of horses, have been harassed and slaughtered/injured due to roaming packs of 'yotes.
Then, Oregon re-introduced wolves...
No.
Just, no...
You can't keep the wild in close proximity to civilization. It's like oil and water: they don't mix.
My earliest memories, growing up in the very desert region of S. CA, out camping?

Listening to the yips and yowls of coyotes.

Thank You for bringing-back many fond memories!

Connor J. Coyote

(And... here's another one for today)...

Well.... indeed - it could be argued (by some) that we can (sometimes) be considered a threat to livestock.... but, at other times - (some others will tell you) - that.... if you treat us right - we make awesome pets, too... ;) :cool:

Last edited:

Connor J. Coyote

Hmm... Connor J. Coyote says - *thanks* - for the above submissions, all... :) :cool:

...meanwhile - this "Coyote Yote" is wondering :

Ooh.... (it's here).... :)
*nom* *nom* *nom*

Connor J. Coyote

And, here's another entry today... as we continue to celebrate, the "Cult of Yote"... :cool: :)

Hmm... we gotta get that last cable car- before it's too late, bros...

Canis Dirus

Extinct Pleistocene canid
Well.... indeed - it could be argued (by some) that we can (sometimes) be considered a threat to livestock.... but, at other times - (some others will tell you) - that.... if you treat us right - we make awesome pets, too... ;) :cool:

DISCLAIMER: Although it appears that Scooter is quite friendly, he only acts this way towards a few humans—primarily his caretakers who have invested (and will continue to invest) a lot of time, effort, and patience in his upbringing. To all other humans he acts like a wild animal. Coyotes do not make good pets and it is illegal to possess them without a permit.
Coyote named Scooter

Connor J. Coyote

------------------------------------------
Well, yeah..... generally no... we don't make very good house pets.... as - we're often times seen as too feisty, too mischievous, and too tempermental - (for certain types of folks to handle).... and in turn - it's sometimes better just to leave us in our dens, and be happy amongst ourselves.

But - (often times) when you do come in contact with us - if it's in the right situation, along with the right treatment... we can certainly become quite tame, and even loving, often times....

Just so long as it's with the right individual(s) :

-------------------------------------------------------
► We're a bit of an insular race at times, too - meaning that only a select few individuals, (outside of our mate's and our families) - do we have any type of bonded, close relationships with... even though (generally speaking) - we can make awesome and cooperative neighbors, for just about any other Fur, as we often times largely keep to ourselves, when ever needed.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
This thread is awesome.
As a thank you, have this good boy.
RJS_2078c1shpcollevmod400.jpg

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
Here's a reward for all you good Yotes out there!

And here's a reward for all you bad Yotes!