• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

cringy rp

D

Deleted member 134556

I met a furry who wanted me to punish them in an RP

So I took away their video games

They told me that's not the punishment they had in mind

So I sent them to bed with no desserts

The told me to grab the closest object and punish them like the filthy animal they were

So I sprayed them with a water bottle

I got blocked shortly after.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
The Sonic fandom wants to rerun SATAM, and Sonic X all the time. I cringe at trying to "relive the glory years!" within canon, as if status quo is god and there cannot be any progression or even fluffing out of the lore. Oh and the DBZ Sonic tournament roleplays.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
To me, anyone I don't already know fairly well, who messages things like "hugs u" and "cuddles u" and "gibs kisses" is a Cringe RPer.

Same goes for the shy, stuttering approach when trying to initiate a conversation.

Just talk to me like a normal person. If you like RP, that's fine, but that's not how I like to get to know someone.

RogueNoodle

toe bean enthusiast
I used to roleplay on Neopets, which that in and of itself is hilarious. I did your usual 12-year old wolfpack RP stuff, but the real cringe came from these high school themed roleplays. They weren't furry related, but they were rough. I remember someone made a thread one time making fun of specific users' characters. Well guess whose OC got absolutely roasted? Mine! It was embarrassing, but I was also younger and cringe-ier. I wish I could go back and read some of the stuff I wrote. I'm sure it was awful. I remember one RP session in which someone's character was just continuously bullying mine for some reason (e.x. pushing my character down, bumping into them...). I think they were trying to be the edgy bully teen. I'm sure my character probably deserved it tbh ;0;

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
Yes. All of it.

Aibiki

Smol fluff artist
The first RP I was ever in was on gaiaonline and it was one of those "Private school romance" public rp threads. Everyone paired up within a page of reaching the school and then the thread died.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
Cringy roleplays? Come on, we've all had one in our good years of RP......and admittedly, I've been at fault at times, though rare!

It started back in the early times, way before I had read the Dictionary like the news. Back then, I only knew one advanced word, and probably spammed the ever living scheisse out of it.

Only when I finally learned more did I ever improve. But I never said things like "hugs u", or stuff like that. I just can't say it. Don't try to pay me, no money on Earth would make me say that. I t denounces all I stand for.

But it seems like everyone I ever met on different sites would beg to differ, if they even know what this line alone would mean.

See, I seem to only find the cringy folks, everywhere I go. Shoot and fiddle, even my boyfriend is a little on the.....cringe side. Yes, seems like a good bunch of folks know the "u" term instead of the full "you." Nope, I've done well over fifty RPS that consist of....illiteracy.

My fabled one is one with some fifteen year old. We attempted some cliche movie plot where a guy cheats on his wife, and boy howdy, I never reached the lowest point in my life there. I think it was like watching two kindergardeners try to role-play while barely knowing English. So yeah, if that wasn't a total disaster, I fail to understand what is.

Yet again though! I did this when I was......thirteen, so bang, I've revealed some news about my younger life I still hope to forget now.

And he was the most cringy role-play person I've ever me. It was....B A D. Really B A D. So B A D.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

if they cringe i try to out-cringe the cringe until it gets so weird-fuck that i take interest and ask to meet them.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
if they cringe i try to out-cringe the cringe until it gets so weird-fuck that i take interest and ask to meet them.
I gotta admit, it takes.....sheer resilience to even try to out-cringe a person. It's painful to try it, so I commend you on the valiant efforts! You do the work of a nation there!

Filter

uwu
To me, anyone I don't already know fairly well, who messages things like "hugs u" and "cuddles u" and "gibs kisses" is a Cringe RPer.

Same goes for the shy, stuttering approach when trying to initiate a conversation.

Just talk to me like a normal person. If you like RP, that's fine, but that's not how I like to get to know someone.
That happened lot to my female alt, and to a lesser extent my main male avatar. Nowadays, when I'm on SL, I rarely respond to messages. Most are like what you describe here, or worse. Instead, my avatars mostly hang out with each other, which is arguably as cringy considering it's a social site.

Ideally, I like to be in character while in VR. Not necessarily RP, but more like being a character on Halloween. VRChat adds another dimension, as I use full-body tracking, whereas in SL I mostly used an Occulus Rift DK2 or monitor with Second Life. I don't hang out there much, but I do miss the marketplace and endless modding possibilities of SL.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure my alt met your avatar years ago, in a water-themed sim. Do you have a tail like a mermaid, rather than legs, but textured like an orca? There are probably others, but I did encounter somebody like that, and they talked like a normal person. Ah, the good old days when one could meet people who'd just like to chat about mods and explore worlds.

InfinityZ

The Nighthowler
I usually do the *hugs you* or *cuddles* when i really don't know what else to say to them while i wanna comfort them, and i don't wanna just go up to them and then makes paragraphs of RP like nothing lol. I completely understand why it's cringy or annoying to some people, but forgive me if i do so, because i'm actually awkward and shy myself lmao.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
A lot of my earlier days when I was new to RP.
And all of the ones I did on steam chats, which were also apart of my earlier days.

Otherwise, I avoid and ignore one liner rps.
But I don’t expect everyone to be able to write a paragraph or a full page every response.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Oh yea. When I finally got gud, people liked my RP so much back in the day that I had some people getting clingy or just falling in love with me or my Oc's to the point where I just said blocked peeps and never signed back in again. It just wasn't possible to find someone for committed RP that didn't involve 100% NSFW and could reciprocate in the level of creativity/effort.

D

Deleted member 134556

A year or two on the forum a friend of mine suggested an idea: "Arby's Vore RP"

Essentially an RP were we eat sandwiches, but some people roleplay as the sandwiches. It was a shitpost idea, but we were bored so we kept going with it.

We got to the point where we made an entire discord server based on the RP, complete with custom sandwich emojis and roles such as "brisket sandwich" "beef n cheddar" "manager" and "customer" we had it all. It became that popular.

We still joke about it now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure my alt met your avatar years ago, in a water-themed sim. Do you have a tail like a mermaid, rather than legs, but textured like an orca? There are probably others, but I did encounter somebody like that, and they talked like a normal person. Ah, the good old days when one could meet people who'd just like to chat about mods and explore worlds.

That would be me, yes. She has the torso, head and arms of an anthro wolf, the lower body of an orca. Mermaid like.

My avatar has undergone some upgrades in the last few years, but the basic design is the same.

Attachments

• MaelstromKelpForest_001.jpg
    MaelstromKelpForest_001.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 26

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I did some rp before, though it wasn’t in the furry fandom. To be honest, I wouldn’t do it again - but not because it was necessarily cringy - I mean, I’ve always been into making up wacky stories. It’s just that I’ve really grown out of it. I understand a lot of people still like roleplaying in their adult years, and that’s all cool with me, minus the exploitative and harmful stuff, which I’m not going to get into now. Just know that the last sentiment only applies to a small minority of roleplayers.
That being said, I’m always up for a game of D&D.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Eh, Some of my earlier stuff probably. I still RP where I began on WoW, not as much as I used to.

As for cringy text RP. Someone wanted a full story type RP with super tons of details and stuff. I said sure.

Their entire setting and set up was. They are on a beach, they get naked and walk around voring furs and fucking..

Not my cup of tea and certainly not what I expected.

fawlkes

I started proper online roleplaying in a My Little Pony roleplaying site, so plenty of stuff from way back in the day was a little cringey. But, that being said; a lot of good stuff came out of it. Deep, interesting stories that you wouldn't think would go with magical, pastel ponies.

I would also say that by the sounds of things some people on here have just had a few bad experiences that has soured them off roleplaying in future; and rather unfairly.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I started proper online roleplaying in a My Little Pony roleplaying site, so plenty of stuff from way back in the day was a little cringey. But, that being said; a lot of good stuff came out of it. Deep, interesting stories that you wouldn't think would go with magical, pastel ponies.

I would also say that by the sounds of things some people on here have just had a few bad experiences that has soured them off roleplaying in future; and rather unfairly.
No judgement here.

Many years ago I was in a similar Care Bear RP group. One of the other RPers and I had a very similar style and had a lot of fun continuing each other's stories.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
It's usually the fetish stuff that people conveniently didn't mention to me before starting the rp. The worst of it involved musk, micro/macro, and a group rp involving anal vore. I think that surprise anal vore rp was the most concentrated levels of cringe I've seen in a while.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
It's usually the fetish stuff that people conveniently didn't mention to me before starting the rp. The worst of it involved musk, micro/macro, and a group rp involving anal vore. I think that surprise anal vore rp was the most concentrated levels of cringe I've seen in a while.

Macro is sort of embedded into a lot of my characters, but as far as sexual themes nah. They also can turn back to normal size too.