• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique my design? (Peacock man)

Phoenixwildfire

Resident pervy rainbow unicorn
I made a character design, and I was wondering what people thought of it. This is just a quick sketch, mind you- I'm just getting the basics down XD

anyway, the character is Naru the Peacock XD

His wings were ripped off his back- which is why he has a few brown feathers still on his shoulder blades. (and the remains of his wings)

Naru_Reference_by_PhoenixWildfire.jpg

And yes, he does have male genitals, I'm just too lazy to draw them right now -.- he's a guy, through and through.

What I'm trying to ask- Does he look peacock-ish? Or is there something lacking in his design?

Last edited:

ibengmainee

Given your style I would say yes, it does look like a peacock species.

I like how you made the peacock feathers look like his hair.

Definitely unique. I think with a little refining (since you said this was a fast sketch) I think it has potential to be a real nice character design.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
The lines on the belly look weird. Is he skinny and are those lines supposed to indicate the ribcage?

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Two things I would suggest:

1) Like Paolo, I would suggest the use of a beak rather than the more human looking face.

2) For his footpaws, draw actually talons on the end rather than just bringing the grey scaled look to a point.

Other than that, it's a very neat design - certainly a type of anthro you don't see very often.

TitoAmor

The Furry Philosopher
I agree with Kitetsu's colour variations, having him wholly blue is a bit..amiss. Also agreeing with the board, a beak would suit better, even if not completely defined and sharp.

Love the hair! That's very clever! I'm a big fan of the multicolored suggestion. I'm not sure I'm fond of the leg anatomy you have but maybe once it's worked out a bit. The back is nice. I'd too prefer a beak, but it's a preference thing I don't think it's 100% needed.

Call me crazy but I prefer my bird-species to have cloacal openings to male parts, but that's just because I'm a biology nut.