• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique This Red Panda Doodle

R

Red_Lead

Hiya, feel free to critique the heck out of it. Mostly I'm curious if I need to work on the proportions a little more, perhaps the floof aspect, and even watercolor techniques.

firstpost.jpg

But other than that, thank you, if you get the chance to critique this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for a bit of a late response haha ^^;
But Id raise the muzzle a bit more, It seems a little wide horizontally.

hollyandhoney

Traditional Artist
It would probably help you to study some references of the head in three-quarter view, to help give a sense of proportion. Looking at this, it seems that the eyes are out of alignment. Also, the eye that's farthest away from the viewer should be slightly smaller and a little more "squished" vertically, to make it look like it's back in space a little bit more.
As far as watercolor - looking at this, it seems that you are simply using them to color the spaces in, like a coloring book. The great thing about watercolors is that you can use extra water to blend them out, creating highlight and shadow effects. More water + less paint = lighter color; less water + more paint = darker color. Try playing around with different amounts of water to experiment using different effects.
I hope this all makes sense. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything. Good luck!

Jesster87

Regarding your watercolour techniques. It's ALL about the paper. Get better watercolour paper and your watercolours will look 100000% better. It's essentially dropping colour onto water, and if your paper doesn't hold water properly it won't go very well. You'll make your life a lot easier.