• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tsuko-chi

Tsuko speaking.
Hello! My URL in FA is tsuko-chi. I have started drawing anthros a while ago, and was wondering if my art is working? Anthro's are easy to make awkward and wonky, so tips on technicalities are my super helpful! Ultimately I dont have lots of works to show but whatever is prevalently bad go ahead and bash me.

NOTE: I am not sensitive, lay it on me. Comments like "better than what i can do XD" or "Your doing great! O.O" are very kind but unhelpful. Please refrain from commenting if that is all that you want to say.

1489082298.tsuko-chi_coo.png

1490393744.tsuko-chi_hhg.png

tumblr_nyggysqigE1r340ixo1_1280.png

as you can see i have not drawn much digitally lol. Its a bit loaded to ask for a critique with just three pieces(especially cause they just characters), but I want to know where I can improve before i carry on more.
Thank you for your time and help!

OakenheelTheWolf

This is wonderful art, way better than mine... can u draw me? Anyways the feet are a little off, and so are the non anthro legs.

Last edited:

Tsuko-chi

Tsuko speaking.
God damn it, half a bottle of vodka died for that shitpost. Movie quotes mashed up with obvious feedback/advice but no major typos, I'm going to guess ~6 shots.
No regret
OK, some regret

Peach girl: Not 100% what's going on with the mouth on peach girl, looking at the actual split. Got that party-mask cone-schnozzle going on for it's shading too since front-profiles tend to collapse as though smashed inwards to the face, and if it were a flat object it would be a tad low and a tad left of where it should be. Limb musculature is good, if subtle, a lot of people get a noodle limbs problem. Upper arms might be a tad too skinny though. You've got a nice compromise between functional shading and stylistic, the apron in particular tells me you can do much more advanced than you are. Feet have no arches or anklebones? Eh, it is a furry I guess so that's up for debate.

Hiphop: Not 100% certain the shading on those denim shorts matches the lightsources on the body. Creasing on the leftside of the shorts should be more significant than it is given the leg is lifting a bit and that hosen is shortened but looks as creased as the right-side. Leftside arm might be a tad short, but I'm no expert on foreshortening either.

Pokemon thing is all style, no comment. Again it shows you have a better understanding on fundamentals than you employ.

Drunk and sober consensus is the same: You're not pushing yourself as much as you could? You've got a good product. Good luck with those front-profiles though, I can't even do them. The clothing looks like it's out of a different painting, which can be just style, but occasionally doesn't quite match up with the body or vice-versa. Put just a *tiny* bit more into musculature. You've only got one body type?

First off, I love ya. You remind me of lyle from animal crossing. To the point. No bullshit.

I understand your critiques and agree with them completely . I have been playing it really safe with my poses and characters. I plan on being more daring in the future now that I know what I need to work on.

As for my clothing, it's not a style choice. Lol Im trying really hard to do lineart and cellshading but I really paint my works. When it came to the clothes I just couldn't leave it be. So thank you for calling out my bullshit haha.

I really enjoyed both of your critiques. Both made me laugh and really consider my art. Thank you for your input^^