• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique wanted! about digital art

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
So here, I uploaded this thing to FA earlier today, and I'd like to know what you guys think of it, and tell me what you think is right/wrong about it. Personally i have te feeling that I could go deeper in th realism of the planes, but I'm not sure if I want to, as the realistic aspect might make too much of a difference with the cartoony characters I draw. What do you think?
btw I'll upload a full res version here ^^ this way you'll be able to see it more in detail ^^

93hN1eS.jpg

solluxledoge

FriscoRailWolf

That Crazy Railway Wolf
Nice corsair, but like soul said if you want to get as realistic as possible definetly look at even the smallest details when it comes to drawing even if they seem insignificant, they can make or break a realistic piece, not that there's anything wrong with a simplistic style, that's' my preferred style myself.

Maugryph

Nice corsair, but like soul said if you want to get as realistic as possible definetly look at even the smallest details when it comes to drawing even if they seem insignificant, they can make or break a realistic piece, not that there's anything wrong with a simplistic style, that's' my preferred style myself.

The secret of a dynamic realistic painting is not what details you put in but what details you leave out. Super accurate rendering is time consuming and not needed

Kooky :the plane's form is pretty good, what you need to practice is lighting studies at the image looks rather flat. Ctrlpaint.com has some tutorials on lighting

Zakev Vazquez

The secret of a dynamic realistic painting is not what details you put in but what details you leave out. Super accurate rendering is time consuming and not needed

Kooky :the plane's form is pretty good, what you need to practice is lighting studies at the image looks rather flat. Ctrlpaint.com has some tutorials on lighting
world of planes right?

My opinion is that the style for the pilot doesnt seem to match the art style of the aircraft. I agree with you that if you go too realistic on the corsair then there's going to be a glaring difference betweenbetweennit and the character which wouldwouldn't work well .