• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique wanted on Fursuit

SierraCanine

Wolves unite..... oO CHICKEN!!

Well here you go.... This is my first fursuit head.... it still needs the nose and a little bit of extra nape on the sides but otherwise I'm about ready to start the handpaws/sleeves and the feet.... depending on how much material that leaves I may do digigrade legs and a body suit as well.... have to be done by the 16th though for Further Confusion. ^~^ Let me know what you think! Critiques welcome!

powderhound

It looks dam good considering you figured it all out yourself. Looks like the muzzle's pretty big in relation to the eye's, can you see OK? That's ambitious getting the rest all done by FC. I'll be interested to see how it comes out. Does the jaw move?

Konotashi

The right ear (left in the pic) is lower than the other ear.

Also, the let eye (right in the pic) looks like it's a bit more sunken in than the other.

Other than that, not bad. :)

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I'd consider shaving down the face a bit too so you can actually see the face better and so you can possibly see better too

SierraCanine

It looks dam good considering you figured it all out yourself. Looks like the muzzle's pretty big in relation to the eye's, can you see OK? That's ambitious getting the rest all done by FC. I'll be interested to see how it comes out. Does the jaw move?

I have most of the fur and I have decent vision, one eye needs the mesh poked out a little better since it came that way from the factory, no biggie though. The jaw does move slightly to reveal a set of six front lower teeth i molded out of silicone. the movement isn't perfect or all that great but is better than I thought I would be able to accomplish. I am currently working on the paw/sleeves at the moment... we'll see how those turn out later.

The right ear (left in the pic) is lower than the other ear.

Also, the let eye (right in the pic) looks like it's a bit more sunken in than the other.

Other than that, not bad. :)

The ears are the same height, it was just a lousy picture, and one that I really should retake. And the eyes are the same way.... again lousy picture taking skills, I must have been having an off day after doing the head ^^

I'd consider shaving down the face a bit too so you can actually see the face better and so you can possibly see better too

I'll look into it... once i can find my other set of trimmers... I know they're lying around somewhere...

SierraCanine

I still have a little under a week to finish the digitgrade legs.... they are foamed and just waiting for the fur which is scheduled to arrive Tuesday.... I know it will be tight but I have only been working on this for about a month..... see you at FC2014!!

What do you think so far? Your thoughts??

jorinda

As said in previous posts, the ears are a bit asymmtric.
Apart from that, it's a very nice suit. That fur at the belly is a nice touch, makes it look like there's a fullsuit under the shirt.

powderhound

The paws came out really well. Agree, the belly fur is cool.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
One of the biggest things I see so far is that the ears need work. The entire ear is not supposed to be fur. Doing this makes it look like fuzzy lumps sitting on the head. The back of the ear being fur? Yes! The sides curing around to be fur? Yes! The front part? No! It needs to be something like fleece, or something similar. Otherwise it just doesn't look like an ear. From the pictures it does look like the fronts of the ears are all fur.

Another big thing is that the facial portion of the head isn't shaved. Maybe the snout is (I can't tell because it's black) but you don't only shave down the snout. The shaving is supposed to extend up and out so that the face part is a shorter pile. An example of this done is: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8971837/

You can see how the shaving extends beyond the snout to certain areas. The areas you leave fluffy tend to be starting around the upper forehead between the ears, the cheeks, back of the head, neck, etc.

SierraCanine

As said in previous posts, the ears are a bit asymmtric.
Apart from that, it's a very nice suit. That fur at the belly is a nice touch, makes it look like there's a fullsuit under the shirt.

That would be because there is a full upper body suit under there.... XP It works nice now just have to find a larger shirt so it doesn't feel like a straight jacket.

One of the biggest things I see so far is that the ears need work. The entire ear is not supposed to be fur. Doing this makes it look like fuzzy lumps sitting on the head. The back of the ear being fur? Yes! The sides curing around to be fur? Yes! The front part? No! It needs to be something like fleece, or something similar. Otherwise it just doesn't look like an ear. From the pictures it does look like the fronts of the ears are all fur.

Another big thing is that the facial portion of the head isn't shaved. Maybe the snout is (I can't tell because it's black) but you don't only shave down the snout. The shaving is supposed to extend up and out so that the face part is a shorter pile. An example of this done is: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8971837/

You can see how the shaving extends beyond the snout to certain areas. The areas you leave fluffy tend to be starting around the upper forehead between the ears, the cheeks, back of the head, neck, etc.

Yes the pictures don't really show the muzzle very well. I did manage to shave it the entire face down quite a bit and finally added a shinier fabric nose so it stands out more. as far as the ears are concerned I feel like I really flopped on those and maybe someday will be replaced... I say someday because I leave tomorrow morning for FC2014. I still have to glue the claws on but i get those done in an hour or so. The suit is virtually finished now, full bodysuit, and digit grade legs ^~^ not bad for my first shot at a fursuit. I'll toss up some more pics later.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Not sure if it's just the angle or what but it looks like one eye is higher up than the other. Also the shape of the face looks really weird. Like there's a lump there on the right that shouldn't be there.

jorinda

Not bad at all.
In my opinion, the leg paddings are too big, they make the upper half of the body look tiny.