• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique?

soulbox

★★★
tonk gift.png

Drew this gift for a friend (Tonkable on furaffinity. Please follow their art!), but I would like some critique. I'm mostly concerned about the size of their torsos. I keep thinking they're too small/short. I'm also down for whatever other critique you got.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I'm not sure of these character's and their heights, but their proportions seem okay to me.
The only thing my eyes were drawn to right away (aside from the red) was the wrinkles(?) in the dress/long shirt they have on.

Otherwise, it looks grape!

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
The one on the right has an underbite right?
Cuz that's how the teeth are layered.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
It looks awesome on it's own. If I had to point out something negative for the sake of a different perspective, it would likely just be the lack of contrast.
While the clothes they wear does provide some balance, due to the bright background, it's not enough and it can wind up being an eyesore of color to some people. This is a subjective opinion though, and it's my only complaint amongst other more serious things like anatomy so you honestly did do very well ~

soulbox

★★★
I'm not sure of these character's and their heights, but their proportions seem okay to me.
The only thing my eyes were drawn to right away (aside from the red) was the wrinkles(?) in the dress/long shirt they have on.

Otherwise, it looks grape!
Yes, I'm really bad at folds and stuff from fabrics. ;w; I'll practice more, thank you!

The one on the right has an underbite right?
Cuz that's how the teeth are layered.

She has oni teeth. ^^

It looks awesome on it's own. If I had to point out something negative for the sake of a different perspective, it would likely just be the lack of contrast.
While the clothes they wear does provide some balance, due to the bright background, it's not enough and it can wind up being an eyesore of color to some people. This is a subjective opinion though, and it's my only complaint amongst other more serious things like anatomy so you honestly did do very well ~

I'm bad at contrast, I'm trying to figure it all out. >.> Thank you! I'll try to work a bit better on this.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Yes, I'm really bad at folds and stuff from fabrics. ;w; I'll practice more, thank you!

She has oni teeth. ^^

I'm bad at contrast, I'm trying to figure it all out. >.> Thank you! I'll try to work a bit better on this.

Honestly try not to worry too much, things like contrast kinda come naturally through practicing other things and just looking at art in general.
If that's your biggest flaw you're going places! :D

T

TemetNosce88

Their torsos might be a little short if you're going by realistic proportion, but I only noticed because you mentioned it. It looks just fine in the style you've drawn them in. And as others have pointed out, the poses are nice and lively.

soulbox

★★★
Their torsos might be a little short if you're going by realistic proportion, but I only noticed because you mentioned it. It looks just fine in the style you've drawn them in. And as others have pointed out, the poses are nice and lively.

Yes, the short torsos are kinda killing me, even if it works with the style. >.> I do want to go for a more realistic proportion yes. And thank you! This means a whole lot. :3

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yes, the short torsos are kinda killing me, even if it works with the style. >.> I do want to go for a more realistic proportion yes. And thank you! This means a whole lot. :3
You know the head trick, right?
What is it, 5 heads?
Stack 5 heads to get accurate proportions?

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
I think this looks pretty good! I love your coloring style. If anything, it does look a bit busy as others have said, but this comes down to character design more than a fault of the drawing itself. Maybe apply a few color filters to make things look slightly more complementary, but not too much as to make everything blend in too much? I like to put a light color (one that goes with the mood of the piece, maybe would do red, orange, or pink in this case personally) on overlay on a low opacity to make the colors complement each other better. Then again, I'm by no means an expert.

soulbox

★★★
I think this looks pretty good! I love your coloring style. If anything, it does look a bit busy as others have said, but this comes down to character design more than a fault of the drawing itself. Maybe apply a few color filters to make things look slightly more complementary, but not too much as to make everything blend in too much? I like to put a light color (one that goes with the mood of the piece, maybe would do red, orange, or pink in this case personally) on overlay on a low opacity to make the colors complement each other better. Then again, I'm by no means an expert.

I’ll be more critical about this. I’ll try to overlay the background. Thank you!