• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

crocheted fursuit

KarabinerCoyote

Steely-Eyed Rocket Guy
Perhaps you'd like a cold glass of milk to wash down that cookie.Reminded of a bit of in-between animation on The Pink Panther Show. He's getting ready to head out to a formal event with a top hat on. The announcer notices how spiffy he looks. Then he finds a loose thread and pulls on it. His pink fursuit unravels, but he's not out of the game. Pink Panther starts knitting. Next he's seen stepping out in an oversize pink kangaroo suit. The announcer calls him a "knit wit."

Last edited:

marc andre

demented old bint
Perhaps you'd like a cold glass of milk to wash down that cookie.Reminded of a bit of in-between animation on The Pink Panther Show. He's getting ready to head out to a formal event with a top hat on. The announcer notices how spiffy he looks. Then he finds a loose thread and pulls on it. His pink fursuit unravels, but he's not out of the game. Pink Panther starts knitting. Next he's seen stepping out in an oversize pink kangaroo suit. The announcer calls him a "knit wit."
heheheheehehehehe.

luckily this thing wont ever spontaneously unravel. the yarn gets tangled as hell, meaning if i needed to go back and fix any mistakes i had to carefully pick out each stitch :/

id hate to think of what would happen if it managed to get torn somehow D:

Loomy

So, did you crochet the bodysuit then put the fur in? Im making a tail in a similar method, but it's taken 40 hours on something a whole lot smaller than that.

Tutorial plz?

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
This suit is epic.

marc andre

demented old bint
Too small. It's smaller than a pencil. The way im doing it is you crochet a base, then make the fur from bundles of yarn. Ill show ya when i get done, im about 1/5 of the way through furring it.
oh dear that sounds horrifyingly labour intensive. i used a similar technique to make my tail, but i used loop stitches, essentially making the strands of fur continuous with each other instead of individual strands

tiny hook sizes annoy the hell out of me, i cheated on my suit and used 2 strands of yarn and a 10mm hook - really chunky.

wolfmongoose

Looks so soft and shiny!! I wanna touch it!
I'm impressed. Personally, I have no patience for stuff like crocheting.

marc andre

demented old bint
debuted at midfur 2009. i'm not going to bore you with the details right now, but i am going to put up a big-ass submission showing all the retarded little details one day
finished_head_by_marcsandroid.jpg

yaaaaaaaaaaaay ive finally finished this mofo!!!
just in time too, i finished the dreds in the hotel lobby on the first day of midfur >.>

fun facts:
- the whole head is furred in 7 parts with no sewing: 2 individual pieces for each ear, 1 for the top half of the face, 1 for the bottom half and 1 for the hair

- to make the hair i had to make each individual strand out of loop stitch crochet, then braid together 12 strands at a time then rub each braid between my hands until it matted up, just braiding and matting the hair took me about 6 hours.

- his eyes, nose and teeth are all uv reactive and glow under blacklight

- although the jewelry isnt in in these pictures, his earlobes are punched out at 16mm and the tip of each ear at 5mm

- it still isnt technically completely finished, theres some scraggly hairs around the muzzle that i need to take care of and he still needs whiskers

marc_andre___crocheted_fursuit_by_marcsandroid.jpg

now for some progress shots i havent yet uploaded

eyelids_by_marcsandroid.jpg

here i've pinned the pipecleaners i used to form the eyelids in place, i went this way because i could stitch the pipecleaners into the fabric and make them poseable. it turned out alright, i can nudge a few expressions out of the eyes as well as close them completely :3

face_fur_by_marcsandroid.jpg

this is the fur for everything on the face above the mouth. the area around the eyes has been shaved back and you can see the pipecleaners poking through a bit. the area around the eyes and forehead is 1 piece, each cheek is another and i connected it all together with the white in the middle. there are no seams in this piece, everything has been crocheted together.

nose_and_teeth_by_marcsandroid.jpg

super sculpey nose and teeth, both painted with acrylics. the teeth are titanium white and glow under blacklight >.<

furred_head_by_marcsandroid.jpg

ive laid the fur onto the head and glued it down, now i just need eyelids, nose, teeth, lips etc etc.

80s_glam_rock_hair_by_marcsandroid.jpg

this is what the headfur looked like before i went and dreaded it. i made the hair by essentially making a hat out of the scruffy yarn with literally hundreds of loop stitches over an A3 book. each strand is therefore about 16 inches long

Kittiara

Kitt
Dude, you're insane.

It's awesome.

Can anybody resist wanting to hug you? That particular fabric is kind of... magnetic.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
for some reason at a glance i read "crotched fursuit"

marc andre

demented old bint
The head isn't as great as the bodysuit, which is what I was assuming would happen, but even still, this suit is absolutely phenomenal. Great job!
yeah the head is far from perfect, every little detail glares at me from the pure amount of time i spent staring at the thing. the things i definitely want to address for next time is the eyes, the neatness of the fur, making the shape of the muzzle more natural - i feel it looks boxy from the front and also the general proportions, i feel the head is too much of an elongated oval shape and not round enough. having said that, i doubt i'll crochet another head, i'll most likely use faux fur or fleece for future projects.

marc andre

demented old bint
Dude, you're insane.

It's awesome.

Can anybody resist wanting to hug you? That particular fabric is kind of... magnetic.
yeah the fur is _retardedly_ fluffy and soft, the only one ive found with a nicer texture is "super beaver" but thats quite a short pile.

and im fully aware of the fact im batshit insane :p

RoseHexwit

Puts the "fang" in "fangirl".
If I ever see you at a convention...

...prepare for lots of pictures and even more hugs. :3

ChickO'Dee

i thought it would be really retarded...but god thats actually very amazing! very nice *claps* however you learned how to do it...*shakes head* wow. im actually blown away lol