• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Damnit; I'm stuck on wing positioning... Help?

Elessara

N UR THRED; VORIN MAH PICKEL
Ok, so; I have been itching to try my hand at a more complicated/ dynamic pose. I found me a nice photo reference and went to town... Then I got stuck.
No problem right? I'll just google around and find me one or two more photo references... /sigh This plan isn't really panning out for me either.

I have been going through dozens of sites, trying several different angles, and I just can't seem to find the right spot for her wings to sit and look right.

So here I am; asking for your advice and maybe a bone or two to follow. (or any good photo refs would be awesome too)
Pic: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6836500

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Well I think the reason you're having difficulty on finding references of wings like that is you have to think about the wings in general. Birds bones are hollow. I kinda doubt you want to lay on them adding additional weight.

Elessara

Well I think the reason you're having difficulty on finding references of wings like that is you have to think about the wings in general. Birds bones are hollow. I kinda doubt you want to lay on them adding additional weight.

Well, I'm obviously not looking for the EXACT wing position I'll use... just something that can give me a good idea of what wings look like spread out from the front... this is proving to be difficult.
I've mostly been trying to look at flight photos.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Look at other pictures, like birds preening, birds dust bathing, bird anatomy, bird wingspan, dinosaur anatomy, etc...

Elessara

Thanks. Wingspan actually turned out to be a decent google word. (and here I thought it would just turn up a bunch of pics of the underside/ topside)
Soar also proved awesome.
I updated the link to show the wings I came up with. I'm fairly pleased with them. :)