• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dark Mode for Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutro

Writer
Don't know if this particular forum software supports different themes, but this bright white design is pretty eye-piercing! Would it be possible to incorporate a dark theme at some point? Not a high priority issue of course, but something I'd appreciate!

EDIT: I do have a recourse beyond the site implementing it -- I just think it would be good for the site to natively support it. For those looking for a dark mode, try the Night Eye browser extension. Works pretty well for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 82554

You'd think with the current trend of dark mode across all platforms the devs would've caught on by now but nooooooo, always stuck in the past!

The same issue has been brought up countless amounts of times and my response usually is use a browser that supports dark mode.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I honestly think a dark mode would be really nice on this place. I'm not gonna be impatient and rush it, but that would definitely be a welcome addition to the forums for sure! Using this thing in the dead of night with a laptop is almost as harsh as a flash-bang to the eyes, point-blank.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, something we'd like but not something are going to prioritize at the moment. I do recommend the free browser addon "Dark Reader" in the meantime, though!

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
Interesting! I'll look into that, hopefully have am aid of the sorts to help with the illumination during nightly hours. Thank you sir for the recommendation!

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting! I'll look into that, hopefully have am aid of the sorts to help with the illumination during nightly hours. Thank you sir for the recommendation!
It's great. It works for almost every site.

1602841351674.png

I always agree with addition of dark modes, and it doesn't really hurt anyone who prefers the default.

In addition if anyone really needs dark mode and do not wish to install any plugins there's a feature built into Chrome or other chromium based browsers I believe. Slightly hit and miss but might be worth it to some

Just type in this in the url field:
chrome://flags

Locate " Force Dark Mode for Web Contents" and enable it and restart browser, do the same thing to disable it. Not perfect but does the trick to some extent.

Delliot

CatBoy
I'm surprised that there isn't a dark theme since I use other forums that use XenForo and there are dark themes on it.

volkinaxe

i am now on https://www.anthrodex.com
lol the small furry website i have been using [anthrodex] has dark mode one day one FA needs some outside help
and funding

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
lol the small furry website i have been using [anthrodex] has dark mode one day one FA needs some outside help
and funding
A dark theme would be "easy" to implement, it's just a matter of ensuring all of our xenforo plugins work well with it and taking time away from our coder's already-busy schedule which includes more pertinent updates. Workarounds will have to do for now, unfortunately.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And use night light (or whatever it may be on your OS). It's such a QOL improvement I can't go back to staring at blue light.

volkinaxe

i am now on https://www.anthrodex.com
A dark theme would be "easy" to implement, it's just a matter of ensuring all of our xenforo plugins work well with it and taking time away from our coder's already-busy schedule which includes more pertinent updates. Workarounds will have to do for now, unfortunately.
all in good time ^w^

Status
Not open for further replies.