• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

'Dark'/mysterious animals?

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
Yup, me again. What are some dark/mysterious/gloomy/ominous/evil/etc species of animals? I only know of crows and ravens. And yes, technically anything can be made 'dark' but the stereotype thread got me curious about what animals are usually seen as dark in the fandom? Or which ones have a bad/negative stereotype? c:

stereotype thread? Where would that be?

anyhow, as much as it pains me to say it, skunks and badgers are somewhat negatively stereotyped...

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Rav- oh. ._.

I'd say wolves, only because about 1/3 of them picked them because they're supposedly emo loners.

pearlgray

Any sort of creepy crawly or slimy thing...I'd like to see an anthro leech, personally. Deep sea creatures are amazing and horrifying.

I can't think of any fuzzy animals that are inherently dark and mysterious off the top of my head, though, except maybe the panther.

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
Black dogs.

Yeah, that's true, they're the least likely to get adopted from a pound/shelter versus other colors since many people think that color reflects temperament. Black Dog Syndrome, I didn't think of that one.

I remember the thread sure, I just have nothing to associate it with you.

And traditionally dark and mysterious, or just within the fandom?

Can be outside of the fandom too.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Yeah, that's true, they're the least likely to get adopted from a pound/shelter versus other colors since many people think that color reflects temperament. Black Dog Syndrome, I didn't think of that one.

Can be outside of the fandom too.
Black dogs are notorious for being recognized by most as hellhounds or demons.

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
Pandas... They are so cut but under all that cute is an evil brooding force.

Irreverent

Cassowaries. The heavy metal biker of the avian world.