• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Database optimizations

thecrypto

Currently I am removing all old messages about submissions from people on your watch list which are older than 6 months. This is needed to optimize the database to keep things moving smoothly. I am sorry for any inconvinence that this might cause.

thecrypto

As a clarification now that this is done, I am removing old messages in your user messages about journal and submissions. You can favorite anything you want. This is just about old submission and journal messages you recieve. Sorry for any confusion. The optimization is nearly over.

thecrypto

And then the DB server got overloaded again. Also now removing any messages about journals that users have recieved that are over 6 months old as well.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Over 300 accounts with the number of new submission notifications above 10k will be receiving requests to remove them as soon as possible.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
FA is back online, but it could go offline again in the next few hours to fix possible performance issues. We will be monitoring the query queue for any slow requests.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Too many things are happening.
FA should be back online in 30 minutes, for real this time.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
FA is back, and has been for the past hour or so. Seems to be running smoothly too.

More downtime is planned for the weekends, mostly at night time EST.