• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dating apps

Charleslr'93

i need to apologize in the name of all men.
Dude, don't. Just don't. Looking like a simp, being brutally honest with you there bud. There's bad rotten seeds in all walks of life, including all genders. If the roles where reversed, you wouldn't get that many reactions.. but since it's the stereotypical Male in the bad guy seat, suddenly all males should be judged in a harsh sexist way.. if a female is doing it, meh, less harsh reactions, etc etc.

All men and women are not created equal, some of each gender are better or worse then their counterpart. People are individuals, and should be treated as such. One act of dipshit-ism should not define one whole gender, etc etc.

Just a personal thought you might need to ponder in.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
OKCupid is garbage. Communication is made difficult on that app.

cowboi

DM me your favorite dinosaur
Dude, don't. Just don't. Looking like a simp, being brutally honest with you there bud. There's bad rotten seeds in all walks of life, including all genders. If the roles where reversed, you wouldn't get that many reactions.. but since it's the stereotypical Male in the bad guy seat, suddenly all males should be judged in a harsh sexist way.. if a female is doing it, meh, less harsh reactions, etc etc.

All men and women are not created equal, some of each gender are better or worse then their counterpart. People are individuals, and should be treated as such. One act of dipshit-ism should not define one whole gender, etc etc.

Just a personal thought you might need to ponder in.
Today I learned you're a simp if you try and sympathize with a girl's unpleasant dating experiences. /s

KippLink

Beginner Artist
Dont go to Ferzu that place is really toxic its full of predators and stalkers also their admins side with paying users so often you can receive an unfair ban. Final message stay clear.

mirrabellam

Hmm, this is interesting! Isn't tender good enough? I met my husband there, I'm from Berlin (Germany, not Maryland), and he's from Denver! We've been texting each other for 9 months, and then we met in Paris (on Valentine's day!) This happened 5 years ago, not sure how tender is going now, but I do believe that there is a top of best dating site for 2021. In any case, I wish you good luck in finding your true love! Without love, we live our lives in vain, sadly but true! Take care of your soul!

Last edited:

Tennet_G

Cup O' Depresso
Dating apps tend to be hit or miss. You hit like 10% of the time though so... eh... I've met some nice people but no real lasting relationships have formed so take it cautiously.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
I'm not on dating apps. The takeaway was that the kind of person like to date generally avoids them. Or if they give them a chance, it's only for a little while before reaching similar conclusions. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not into the random hookups that many seem to use them for. Despite being an introvert, real life works better for me.

That said, I'll admit that they work for some people.

Since I've had to move a lot more than I'd have liked, I do open up an account just to see what the local scene is like. If by chance they try and interact with me, I'll already know they're a potential red flag I need to avoid. Sometimes I'll change my settings to the places I used to be, and see just how many people are still actively on there. It's usually 'all of them'. Then I delete the account.
XD

There were times when I created free accounts on Match and OKCupid, to check out the local scene. Like you said, there do seem to be regulars who stick around for a while. Maybe some were bots. Unfortunately, their profiles weren't exactly inspiring. It didn't help that there was, like, no variety in their profiles. Or at least nothing compared to the variety of people I meet IRL. That lack of variety, or perhaps more specifically the lack of my type, eventually lead to disinterest and apathy on my part.

But yeah, the people who messaged me never commented on things I wrote in my profile, and in most cases obviously didn't read it. I don't think any of them had profiles that weren't full of red flags or deal-breakers.

KippLink

Beginner Artist
I guess they are ok if you live somewhere far and rural or have a job thats taking away most of your time than something like a app might be one of very few choices left in these scenarios. I'd say the best thing to do is make it clear from the very beginning what are you looking for whether its just friends or a relationship and the kind of people you will meet on apps wont be any different from people irl One thing i always advice tho is to be as careful as possible and take your time getting to know the person before actually even planning anything like meeting up.

Alopecoid

I used to take these sites with a grain of salt because it was all long-distance, but I've met some really good frands on those that I took a chance on. Sure, for every 50 people you chat with, you may get 46 creeps and 4 keepers, but it's so worth it when you finally sift through all the mud and find a diamond in the rough. I just wish there were more furry specific dating sites.

Give people a chance, and you may be surprised! Just whatever you do, don't use pay apps like Furrymate. They literally use bot messages to fake engagement on your profile so you pay to read messages.
Oh God, Furrymate....found out quickly what a scam that was. And I still get their ads on YouTube :rolleyes:

I don't much like dating apps, but I use them because I haven't found another viable way to date. Some of the other suggestions I've seen (strike up conversations with random people at the gym!) are just...no. And non-dating meetups are all well and good, but then you don't know if anyone their is single, it's weird to ask, that's not the point of the group, etc.

I've found Bumble, Hinge and Tinder to be the most useful. Like with most things in life, you just have to keep trying. There are a lot of conversations that go nowhere and you can go months between meeting someone who makes an effort. But if you stick with it, you can usually meet someone good. At least now I have a dating history, as unremarkable as it is.

Dont go to Ferzu that place is really toxic its full of predators and stalkers also their admins side with paying users so often you can receive an unfair ban. Final message stay clear.
You're not wrong there. I'm on there and it's attention starved children.. I've only met a few mature people on there

Hound-of-chulainn

I'm sorry I didn't listen, Ferzu is a horrible place... I had that my account up for less than a day and I watched like 2 people get bullied of the site, and someone sexually harassed me in my DMs.

O.D.D.

Back from the dead apparently
Tinder and Bumble were crappy enough, I can't imagine how bad a furry version of those would be.

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
Any dating app is a piece of shit and a scam. Nothing else but corporate pigs leaching off of lonely men and women who just want to be someone, as well as those who exploit it for malicious purposes.

Personally, I’ve had better luck with girls whom I’ve known for a while.