• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

De”faux”nitions

Ash Sukea

High functioning everything...most days.
Someone posts a word. Next poster gives a definition that isn’t correct but sounds like it could be plausible to someone unfamiliar with the word. Then gives a word for the next person to define.

IE:
—————-
Poster 1: Ambivalence.

Poster 2: What the hospital sends instead of an ambulance when you don’t have insurance. It may or may not arrive and may or may not go directly to the hospital.

Cardigan
——————-

Your Word:
Ungulate

Sam Akuchin Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
to move back and forth.

waterbear.

Faustus

An expression of admiration for an ursine mammal, e.g.
"Wow! Did you see that Grizzly bite that zombie's head clean off?"
"Yeah I know! Waterbear"

Clandestine

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
The state of mind one is in when selecting a stylish pair of glasses: "Lost in occulation, the fox admired a pair of Italian sunglasses."

scintilla

Sam Akuchin Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
when you don't got money.

catalyst

ben909

vaporeon character is busy so coffee mushroom now
Curry made from mers

spaghettification

Foxy Emy

PFP by ScaratheWolf | Scarlett & [Laura]
E-piplectic: A transference device for visual information uning an electronic medium.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
A fear of Hippos dual wielding hypodermic needles filled with Dr Pepper.

Fløøf.

ben909

vaporeon character is busy so coffee mushroom now
Bubbly cream on top if coffee or tea

magnetohydrodynamics

Foxy Emy

Fløøf: A high quality brand of Loofah.

Sanction

Edit: ninjaed! I guess @Skittles has to decide on the correct definition now!

Also magnetohydrodynamics: melting magnets in the microwave for SCINECE!

Faustus

I was about to answer that with the actual etymology of the word! Damn I'm good! (It's from Cord du Roi, literally 'the King's Cord')
Okay, need a fake one now.

Corduroy - my friend Roy, the bass guitarist.

Linguini

Faustus

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
The real story of this one makes me laugh. See, the fear of long words was originally 'sesquippedaliophobia'. This comes from 'sesquipedalian' meaning long or polysyllabic, but the exact translation is 'something that's a foot and a half long'. Then a journalist got their hands on it and thought it was funny that the fear of long words was itself a long word, but not funny enough so he picked two random latin-greek-sounding words and rammed them on, so the actual true meaning of Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is 'fear of a foot-and-a-half long river horse monster'.

Ash Sukea

High functioning everything...most days.
I was about to answer that with the actual etymology of the word! Damn I'm good! (It's from Cord du Roi, literally 'the King's Cord')

I thought it was from Couer du Roy or heart of kings. Like you put a stethoscope to someone’s chest and you hear ‘zriff-zruff’ instead of ‘lub-dub’ then you know you’re in the presence of royalty.
...okay no not really.

Foxy Emy

Corduroy - my friend Roy, the bass guitarist.

Linguini
The sports car? I wish I had a Linguini!

Maestro!

Foxy Emy

Vestibule : (n) A piece of furniture dating from the late 18th century but gaining popularity during the reign of Queen Victoria. Used for the storage of vests.

Excess

Excess: Former lovers.

Example: Please don't mention my excess!

Jabenaro