• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Death Metal Thread

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
I’ve been in a real death metal mood lately, and I want to share some of my favorite songs from all the different and cool genres of death metal. Post your own favorite songs!

Evil Dead by Death (Old School Death Metal)

Embody The Invisible by In Flames (Melodic Death Metal)

Override Of The Overture by Dismember (Swedish Death Metal)

Stabwound by Necrophagist (Technical Death Metal)

Ghost Of Perdition by Opeth (Progressive Death Metal)

Ov Fire And The Void by Behemoth (Blackened Death Metal)
youtu.be: Behemoth - Ov Fire and the Voidt

Gothic by Paradise Lost (Death-Doom)
youtu.be: Gothic

To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth by Entombed (Death ’n’ Roll)
youtu.be: Entombed: To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth

Last edited:

Nexus Cabler

Strong independent black dragon
Amon Amarth is my favorite death metal band. They are melodic band that sings about Norse mythology and Vikings.

AceQuorthon

Amon Amarth is my favorite death metal band. They are melodic band that sings about Norse mythology and Vikings.
Yep, saw them live at Sweden Rock 2019! Definitely one of my all time favorites as well! (Even though I think Jomsviking and Berserker aren’t that particularly good :c)

Nexus Cabler

Strong independent black dragon
Yep, saw them live at Sweden Rock 2019! Definitely one of my all time favorites as well! (Even though I think Jomsviking and Berserker aren’t that particularly good :c)
Deceiver of the Gods is my favorite album from them.

AceQuorthon

Deceiver of the Gods is my favorite album from them.
I love it! It’s more accessible than their previous work but it doesn’t sacrifice what made Amon Amarth good in the first place. My personal favorite is either ”With Oden On Our Side” or ”Twilight Of The Thunder God”

Azeleon

gay lizard gang
Whoa, funnily enough I planned on making a thread about metal music myself!
Now I'm not really sure if I listen to a lot of death metal in particular (I'm bad at identifying metal genres sometimes) but I listen to a large variety of metal music, I'll share a few I like, and hey, maybe others will like them too.
It should go without saying that some of, if not all of these songs contain vulgar language.
I'm not sure how I manage to listen to music like this while drawing little chibi lizards.

One of my favorite bands that identifies as "aliencore", or Technical death metal
(Warning: Flashing lights)

This one's also pretty good, it's Deathcore

Here's another I love, and this one has an adorable animated video!
The genre is "melodic blackened death metal"

AceQuorthon

Whoa, funnily enough I planned on making a thread about metal music myself!
Now I'm not really sure if I listen to a lot of death metal in particular (I'm bad at identifying metal genres sometimes) but I listen to a large variety of metal music, I'll share a few I like, and hey, maybe others will like them too.
It should go without saying that some of, if not all of these songs contain vulgar language.
I'm not sure how I manage to listen to music like this while drawing little chibi lizards.

One of my favorite bands that identifies as "aliencore", or Technical death metal
(Warning: Flashing lights)

This one's also pretty good, it's Deathcore

Here's another I love, and this one has an adorable animated video!
The genre is "melodic blackened death metal"
Ooooh, been so long since I listened to Rings Of Saturn! Great choice!

Kharayi

A bit sketchy.
I haven't been listening to metal as much these days, but Death Metal will always have a special place in my heart. Death is one of my favorite bands of all time, they are one of the few bands I've come across that are consistently amazing across all their albums. I wish I had a time machine to see them live. RIP Chuck.

Origin played one of the funnest concerts I've ever been to. Live, they sound more heavy and raw. The vocalist was great at getting the pit to mosh in different ways, "Ok, now a circle pit!" Or getting the whole crowd to participate in a silent wall of death, with the next song starting the moment everyone collided. At one point between songs he says, "I like to think our music is rather romantic, wouldn't you agree?" as he invites a fan up on stage, who drops on one knee and proposes to his girlfriend. "Now you can't just say yes, it has to be a death metal yes!" She nailed it. By the time their set was up and the next band, Krisiun, was ready to play, the crowd was worn out from moshing so hard.

Cattle Decapitation floored me with how much they sound like their albums when playing live, including Travis Ryan's crazy vocals. Their lyrics tend to focus on things like subjecting humans to the same inhumane things we do to animals, the destruction of the environment, etc.

Anata - The Conductor's Departure is a Technical Death Metal masterpiece. Lots of good songs on their other albums too.

No Death Metal thread can be complete without Morbid Angel.

rekcerW

Love the breakdown at 2:38

Can't beat Chelsea Grin's vocals though, JFAC definitely has them beat on the gutterals, but those fkn screams.

AceQuorthon

I haven't been listening to metal as much these days, but Death Metal will always have a special place in my heart. Death is one of my favorite bands of all time, they are one of the few bands I've come across that are consistently amazing across all their albums. I wish I had a time machine to see them live. RIP Chuck.

Origin played one of the funnest concerts I've ever been to. Live, they sound more heavy and raw. The vocalist was great at getting the pit to mosh in different ways, "Ok, now a circle pit!" Or getting the whole crowd to participate in a silent wall of death, with the next song starting the moment everyone collided. At one point between songs he says, "I like to think our music is rather romantic, wouldn't you agree?" as he invites a fan up on stage, who drops on one knee and proposes to his girlfriend. "Now you can't just say yes, it has to be a death metal yes!" She nailed it. By the time their set was up and the next band, Krisiun, was ready to play, the crowd was worn out from moshing so hard.

Cattle Decapitation floored me with how much they sound like their albums when playing live, including Travis Ryan's crazy vocals. Their lyrics tend to focus on things like subjecting humans to the same inhumane things we do to animals, the destruction of the environment, etc.

Anata - The Conductor's Departure is a Technical Death Metal masterpiece. Lots of good songs on their other albums too.

No Death Metal thread can be complete without Morbid Angel.
Death is definitely one of my favorites as well, all of their albums are amazing. And of course we need some Morbid Angel in here, great band!

AceQuorthon

AceQuorthon

Here's some more death metal for y'all!

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I love death metal a lot! It even influenced my choice of fursona - the bone-collecting, carrion-stealing, long-maned striped hyenas do evoke death metal association for me at least... So, mane's raised and let's growl!

AceQuorthon

I love death metal a lot! It even influenced my choice of fursona - the bone-collecting, carrion-stealing, long-maned striped hyenas do evoke death metal association for me at least... So, mane's raised and let's growl!

Conquer All is such a brutal song!

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Sepultura is a good band. Brazilian death metal just hits different. I live for the guitar solos these guys put out

... Does deathcore count, too? Because Bring Me The Horizon's early music holds a special place in my heart

malefeetguy

I’ve been in a real death metal mood lately, and I want to share some of my favorite songs from all the different and cool genres of death metal. Post your own favorite songs!

Evil Dead by Death (Old School Death Metal)

Embody The Invisible by In Flames (Melodic Death Metal)

Override Of The Overture by Dismember (Swedish Death Metal)

Stabwound by Necrophagist (Technical Death Metal)

Ghost Of Perdition by Opeth (Progressive Death Metal)

Ov Fire And The Void by Behemoth (Blackened Death Metal)
youtu.be: Behemoth - Ov Fire and the Voidt

Gothic by Paradise Lost (Death-Doom)
youtu.be: Gothic

To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth by Entombed (Death ’n’ Roll)
youtu.be: Entombed: To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth
Damn it don't have favorites though I like anything Death as of late Crystal Mountain

AceQuorthon