• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Death

Aleu

Deuces
this translates as "too many posts to post in fur affinity forums before the day of finally stop posting finally arrives"

Your translating skills are shit. Either that or you rely too much on Google Translate.
If you have an issue with my post count, I'm sorry I've been on the site four years longer than you have.
Let's do some math, since you probably suck at it.

16,623 (now 624 after this post) posts.
Four years.
That's 4,155~ posts per year which is around 346 posts a month which is roughly 11-12 posts per day.

At the very most of spending ten minutes of post and response that's just 2 hours a day.

Just in case you didn't know, there's 24hrs/dy

I think my posting here is miniscule in that aspect.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Your translating skills are shit. Either that or you rely too much on Google Translate.
If you have an issue with my post count, I'm sorry I've been on the site four years longer than you have.
Let's do some math, since you probably suck at it.

16,623 (now 624 after this post) posts.
Four years.
That's 4,155~ posts per year which is around 346 posts a month which is roughly 11-12 posts per day.

At the very most of spending ten minutes of post and response that's just 2 hours a day.

Just in case you didn't know, there's 24hrs/dy

I think my posting here is miniscule in that aspect.

How do I know that you didnt hack your account to make it say that you ahve been four years here?

And for your information I rately use any translator at all.

Aleu

Deuces
How do I know that you didnt hack your account to make it say that you ahve been four years here?

And for your information I rately use any translator at all.

Because you can't do that (as far as I'm aware).
I don't think even mods can do that.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Because you can't do that (as far as I'm aware).
I don't think even mods can do that.

16, 624 posts... Holy mother of the mother or the grandmother of Jesus Christ's neighbor, that is still a too big number....

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
You won't notice being dead, being dead won't bother you but I would not want to die, I enjoy life too much. I would love to escape from death as much time as possible but in the end all things die, you just have to accept it. So don't care for death, enjoy life when you can.

Last edited:

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
WTF is going on in this thread?

Anyways. I live and then I die. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it and therefore, have to accept it. I can't fear the inevitable neither does it worry me. A funny thing is that no one knows the experience of your consciousness shutting down and never turning back on, but we all go through with it.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
I've espoused but one point, the symmetry argument, which is actually sourced from Epicurus. http://www.iep.utm.edu/epicur/#SSH5g.ii

The medical fact that brains are necessary for consciousness is obvious, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum; it needs justification. Lots of people still incorrectly believe that their consciousness will continue after death in spite of their brain's destruction. It is hence necessary to justify the fact.

Philosophy appears to irritate you a great deal, and I think that's because you
-incorrectly view philosophy as a homogenous group of people who think using big words makes something true.
-don't understand the importance of the logical structures derived in philosophy in natural philosophy, otherwise known as science.

Some fields of philosophy really are demonstrably false and useless, but this doesn't mean you can haughtily accuse other philosophical arguments which are expressed correctly and scientifically of being useless by association.

rry comparing the electroencephalogram of a corpse and the one of a living person. Dont bother in telling me the results bcause I am aware of them. A proven fact does not require an innecessary sea of words, you cant legitimate the results even more by just exposing them through a useless speech.

RabidLynx

I'm happy.
I do not fear death itself. When I die, I will not exist. I would not be upset by my death, because I will not be there to be upset.

I fear that I will die too young. I fear that one day I might die in my sleep or get shot in a robbery or something, and I would never know what it's like to move out of my parents house and live my own life. I would never know what it's like to fall in love, watch my friends and family grow and make something of themselves, or in that matter, I wouldn't have the chance to make something of myself. I would never have my dream job, or any job, I would never earn my own money. If I die young, I would not know what it's like to really live. I would only have known being stuck in my parents house, where I am constantly the "omega" of the family because of my age, where I am bored to death, forced to school, without any freedom.
I know it's unlikely to happen, and I know it's probably bad that I want to grow up so fast, but I see myself in the future much happier as an adult than I am now. because I want to be older so bad, it comes with the fear of not being able to do any of that.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
I do not fear death itself. When I die, I will not exist. I would not be upset by my death, because I will not be there to be upset.

I fear that I will die too young. I fear that one day I might die in my sleep or get shot in a robbery or something, and I would never know what it's like to move out of my parents house and live my own life. I would never know what it's like to fall in love, watch my friends and family grow and make something of themselves, or in that matter, I wouldn't have the chance to make something of myself. I would never have my dream job, or any job, I would never earn my own money. If I die young, I would not know what it's like to really live. I would only have known being stuck in my parents house, where I am constantly the "omega" of the family because of my age, where I am bored to death, forced to school, without any freedom.
I know it's unlikely to happen, and I know it's probably bad that I want to grow up so fast, but I see myself in the future much happier as an adult than I am now. because I want to be older so bad, it comes with the fear of not being able to do any of that.

Once you are dead all those problems will just vanish away, you won't have regrets of what you didn't do

RabidLynx

I'm happy.
Once you are dead all those problems will just vanish away, you won't have regrets of what you didn't do

When I'm dead it won't matter, yes. But right now I'm alive, I have thoughts and emotions, and I cannot control what I fear and not fear. I want to make something of myself. I don't want to be the next celebrity with all the love and fame, I just want to leave a mark on this world, and it's all I ask. Even if the mark is small, such as raising a loving family, it will still be a mark and I will be proud. I want a chance to actually be free. When I do die, it won't matter. But I'm alive, and I fear I won't be able to be who I want to be.

ha!

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
Thinking that the "individual" is merely an emergent product of one's environment and one's genetics makes things a lot easier to accept, at least for me. It's kind of a weird experience. Is this that "kensho" thing?

That and if I make an impact (for the better), no matter how small.

Distorted

I would constantly have dreams and delusions of dying countless times. I feared that every time I slept I had died and awoken in another reality. In a sense I stopped fearing death and actually glorified the thought of dying. Of ending this confusing life and potentially starting something new. Or just to simply stop the cycle that I for some reason thought I was going through. But there are still things I want to see and experience. I'd rather not die with so much regret.

My only fear in death is that my impact on the world would only be sentimental. I would only be a fading memory and I would have no positive effect on the world I leave behind. Though there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, I do sort believe in a sort of reincarnation. That's just me being silly though.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
All i want is reincarnation as something else.
Im not religious though, but i'd just want to come back as something else. But all i can think of is how i have no memory of any other lives if i ever did so would it even matter and why am i remembering the shitty human one?
Plus reincarnation does seem to have a few kinks in the system, like you could have been your own great gran daddy or related to some random animal somewhere in the world in a previous life.

I really hope there isnt nothing, and i dont like the thought of just wandering around in some ghost verse, all i want there to be is just more life but in a different body.

What scares me are films like The Triangle (shit film) and that recent time traveling episode of futurama, the whole idea of the exact same existance just playing over and over and over and over again for all eternity, thats hell for me.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
rry comparing the electroencephalogram of a corpse and the one of a living person. Dont bother in telling me the results bcause I am aware of them. A proven fact does not require an innecessary sea of words, you cant legitimate the results even more by just exposing them through a useless speech.

You're missing the point. Thought experiments are not about using pretty words to justify a bias. Thought experiments do not preclude or discourage empirical interrogation; they encourage it.

You were wrong to accuse the thread's OP of being 'useless philosophy,'. The argument put forth, despite originating from a philosopher, is sound.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
You're missing the point. Thought experiments are not about using pretty words to justify a bias. Thought experiments do not preclude or discourage empirical interrogation; they encourage it.

You were wrong to accuse the thread's OP of being 'useless philosophy,'. The argument put forth, despite originating from a philosopher, is sound.

No you are missing the point, if the experiment verifies the hypothesis, then there is no need to use rhetoric. "Being right for the wrong reasons" is not an adequate approach to knowledge, just to let you know.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Um, isn't philosophy, by definition, asking questions that don't have any answers?

No, it isn't.

"the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline,"

Benji

HOMO CRUSADER o.O
Um, isn't philosophy, by definition, asking questions that don't have any answers?

formal definition: the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.

this includes things like, say, gravity.