• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Death

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
I'll live, and I'm eventually going to die. I'll go out of my way to avoid death as best I can (given my love of motorcycling and fast driving this may be somewhat difficult...), but I'm not overly concerned about the eventual end of my life. I don't believe in an afterlife of any kind and that this one existence is the one shot I get, so I'll enjoy it while I have it.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
As I continue to get closer and closer to the time of my passing, I realize that like my father and all my ancestors, I have attained a certain type of immortality.
I have a son and a daughter. Through them I passed on pieces of myself that will live down the line for ages to come. With the publishing of my writings, no matter how obscure they may become if just one person reads them in say, 500 years from now, then that little part of my mind will have traveled the barriers of time that I could not. At my current age death is not that far away but I do not fear it. I was born with a spinal birth defect and have known pain that many people will never (thankfully) experience! I have wondered what it would be like to walk more than a few hundred yards without pain, without needing to rest. I can not grasp what life is like for others so I do not expect them to understand what it like for me. One minute I can lift 250 pounds and carry it across the room, while the next I might fall down while just trying to stand up from a chair. Sometimes the pain is such that I want to scream other times I just start shaking for no apparent reason. At times I feel like this old frame of mine is a prison, other times it is my escape.
I know that I am more than the sum of my physical parts! So as a reasoning being, I choose to believe in Plato's idea of brainfire and that we, the being inside the mind, are an immortal form of energy that can change form but can never be destroyed!

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
It's a totally natural and eventual thing to me. I really don't know why some people get put off by the fact that they aren't immortal. Of course, I don't want to die young but I do imagine I might welcome death once i reach the 80/90 range.

Then again, who can say for certain? From my experience from working in nursing home though, the quality of one's life really declines at those ages.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
You have the worst english in the entire forum

Yet somehow You didnt know that the word plane does not mean airplane, but a cartesian plane.

Again you accuse other people of your own faults.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
the biggest comfort's gotta be that everyone's gonna bite it someday

so it doesn't really matter when exactly it happens to me.

There's something really calming about being fucked collectively.

:rolleyes:

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Yet somehow You didnt know that the word plane does not mean airplane, but a cartesian plane.

Again you accuse other people of your own faults.

That sentence is so badly written it hurts to read, plane means plane, consult the bible gosh, you're so ignorant

1000bluntz

mark ass trick
As I continue to get closer and closer to the time of my passing, I realize that like my father and all my ancestors, I have attained a certain type of immortality.
I have a son and a daughter. Through them I passed on pieces of myself that will live down the line for ages to come. With the publishing of my writings, no matter how obscure they may become if just one person reads them in say, 500 years from now, then that little part of my mind will have traveled the barriers of time that I could not. At my current age death is not that far away but I do not fear it. I was born with a spinal birth defect and have known pain that many people will never (thankfully) experience! I have wondered what it would be like to walk more than a few hundred yards without pain, without needing to rest. I can not grasp what life is like for others so I do not expect them to understand what it like for me. One minute I can lift 250 pounds and carry it across the room, while the next I might fall down while just trying to stand up from a chair. Sometimes the pain is such that I want to scream other times I just start shaking for no apparent reason. At times I feel like this old frame of mine is a prison, other times it is my escape.
I know that I am more than the sum of my physical parts! So as a reasoning being, I choose to believe in Plato's idea of brainfire and that we, the being inside the mind, are an immortal form of energy that can change form but can never be destroyed!

This is a beautiful post.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Life is the great indulgence--Death, the great abstinence.

Therefore, make most of life--HERE AND NOW!

There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth....Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit -shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained."--from the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey, with acknowledgements to Ragnar Redbeard.

I loathe the thought of death, so I make a regular point to:

*Tell the people I love that I love them every day, and before parting.
*Continue to deepen my interests and build my skills, such as my counseling and my writing.
*Learn or explore at least one new thing every day, or talk to one interesting person.
*Share my learning with others.
*Read at least one book every two weeks.
*Savor even the smallest positive experiences.
*Remind myself that it's all impermanent and temporary.
*Perform small random acts of kindness.
*Continue to practice being assertive, so I don't have to tolerate more bullshit than necessary.
*Support and endorse technologies and discoveries which could serve to prolong human lives and increase well-being (especially for me and mine).

In the end, I would like to say that I lived a full, satisfying, enriching life with few regrets and missed chances, that I left my mark in some meaningful way that will outlast me, and that I made the lives of the people I knew better, happier, and more interesting overall.

Last edited:

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
That sentence is so badly written it hurts to read, plane means plane, consult the bible gosh, you're so ignorant

Plane is a noun with several connotations, one of the most common being the geometric one I have been using. Its not my fault you cant understand english.

Protip: the bible is not a book to learn english.

Kitsune Cross

Plane is a noun with several connotations, one of the most common being the geometric one I have been using. Its not my fault you cant understand english.

Protip: the bible is not a book to learn english.

Oh yea? And how did they translate the egypt language from it then?

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
Oh yea? And how did they translate the egypt language from it then?

The bible was not written in english, and it was not written in egyptian, it was written in Hebrew.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
You are wrong, the bible was writed in english as it is god's language

"was writed[sic]" You should check in google translator what you write before posting it. Also if you think that the bible was written in english maybe you would like to take a history class focused in the hebrew civilization.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
My views on death are pretty much in line with what others say. It's a thing that happens, a natural part of living, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'll eventually turn into a corpse. I volley between atheist and agnostic, but fretting about what comes after really wont' do me any good now.

Honestly, my real thought on death involves art and leaving an impression.

The only way to attain immortality is to leave an impression on the world that cannot be forgotten. Shakespeare is my favorite example, but any long-dead artist will do. I write, and I read books written hundreds of years ago and think, "this person is still alive through this play. This person is still alive through this poem. This person is still alive through this story."

I want to write books and I want to make video games and I'm currently doing both. I'll one day die, but maybe the things I produce won't. Maybe that's a bit...insane? There's a word I want that I can't think of, but either way, it helps me get up in the morning.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
"was writed[sic]" You should check in google translator what you write before posting it. Also if you think that the bible was written in english maybe you would like to take a history class focused in the hebrew civilization.

Actually the old testaments were in Hebrew but when they created the new testament or Christian version... like the original masses... it was written in Latin!
It starts with the words Incipio Septus (in the beginning) Most of the bibles that were hand illuminated by the monks were in Latin.

1000bluntz

mark ass trick

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND SATIRE ?

Last edited:

Kitsune Cross

What does even have to do the hebrew with Jesus, Jesus is an American!

Fiab

Crazy enough
Death is death, no point whining. As for what comes afterwards? Still don't care, one of two things happen.
1) You stop existing all together, in which point then you REALLY won't care.
2) You continue on one way or another, still unable to communicate that, and so it won't matter much.

Grew up with my mother going off about the whole "who created god, and then who created them, and who..." and so on. No point being bothered by a question that won't be answered until the test is concluded and only you will really figure the results.

1000bluntz said:
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND SATIRE ?
I do now. Thank you for that dictionary.