• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Decapitated dog head lives on.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
It'd be pretty horrible to be that dog, I guess. I wonder if it would actually starve or of the fluid contains the nutrients it needs.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
It'd be pretty horrible to be that dog, I guess. I wonder if it would actually starve or of the fluid contains the nutrients it needs.

The blood is being oxygenated by a machine. However without other dissolved nutrients in the bloodstream the head would starve.
I imagine death by virtue of the severe trauma would strike before this?

I heard about some people who kept a monkey's brain alive outside its body for a while. Using a EEG machine they could tell the brain was still active and possibly conscious. ;-;
It's a whole other level of disturbing isn't it? The idea of consciousness in spite of disembodiment. It's difficult to imagine, which I think is a main reason it is so spine-shivering.

Last edited:

TheGr8MC

Longetivity is my middle name
I'm pretty sure I would hate having to live as one of those Futurama heads. Being able to use my hands, my favorite body parts, is one thing I couldn't live without. However I do think science is or will be capable of keeping individual body parts alive while severed. I mean if a chicken can survive without it's head for a week without any medical intervention then imagine what we're capible of when we do intervene.

Fallowfox

I'm pretty sure I would hate having to live as one of those Futurama heads. Being able to use my hands, my favorite body parts, is one thing I couldn't live without. However I do think science is or will be capable of keeping individual body parts alive while severed. I mean if a chicken can survive without it's head for a week without any medical intervention then imagine what we're capible of when we do intervene.

Chickens survive headless in some situations because their brainstem extends down into their neck, below the severed tissue. We could draw analogies with humans surviving damage to their higher brains.

Neoi

Lone Wolf
If its real then I feel sorry for the dog, Not being able to live a normal canine life and possibly going through alot of pain, that is if the pain has not turned into numbness. I hope people do not do this now a days.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Guess I shouldn't be surprised that I saw this thread and thought of Game of Thrones.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
If its real then I feel sorry for the dog, Not being able to live a normal canine life and possibly going through alot of pain, that is if the pain has not turned into numbness. I hope people do not do this now a days.
Theres all kind of sick shit that goes on behind closed doors nowadays.

SilverCat

You'll find that there was an incredible amount of controversial research like this in the early to mid 1900's all around the world. This video is unsettling, but the fact that this could actually be done is interesting. This makes me wonder what other kind of controversial research like this has been done.

Roon Sazi

Research like this has saved lives. I get it. This is actually quite interesting. I get that too. But...What. The. Fuck?

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.

Belluavir

Fag Enabler, Breeder Disabler
What's the point of being a dog if you don't have a penis?

CavySpirit

I've seen that before and also something about scientists removing a monkey's brain and transplanting it into a different monkey and having it work or something..

Honestly, it disturbs me. If it's not natural then it really shouldn't be done. I personally don't like this kind of science. I'm fine with like, life support machines and medical equipment that help cure illnesses and keep people living even if it's technically not natural, but it's not really far into "playing god" like some scientists do with cloning and such. Cloning and weird science like in that video scares me. I do hope it's a fake, but who knows?

I understand doing expiraments and things to test medical procedures or find cures, but if it has to go as far as to become kinda disturbing like this.. I just think it should be avoided. I like things remaining like.. natural. Just my opinion. Bringing dead things back to life, or keeping an animal's head alive just for research doesn't mean the subject being tested on is happy or not suffering. It's just crazy thinking of the things scientists can do, but some things should just stay in video games and movies and books(they're not scary that way!) c:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Disagree with someone saying a thousand or more dogs are worth brutalizing to save a single human; get downvoted within a day or so to the point where the comment is hidden. Way to go, people. Way to go.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Disagree with someone saying a thousand or more dogs are worth brutalizing to save a single human; get downvoted within a day or so to the point where the comment is hidden. Way to go, people. Way to go.

You know how it is" RAWR DUN HURT THE PRETTY SEXY ANIMALS HUMANS ARE SCUM ALL MEDICAL SCIENCE SHOULD JUST POOF INTO EXISTENCE WITHOUT THE NEED FOR EXPERIMENTATION BAW BAW BAW BAW." Or more or less anyways.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Guys it's fake mkay...

Theres no way the head would move up and down like it does in that video, watch closely. A head of any kind wouldn't be able to make that kind of movement without being attached to something like a body.

Its a propaganda video to try and scare other country's medical practices. This never happened and it will never happen.

This is the equivalent of showing that planet getting blown up by the death star before the cold war.

If any of you idiots believe that this video looks real look closely and you will
realize its BULLSHIT.

Last edited:

TreacleFox

dem murrs
Guys it's fake mkay...

Theres no way the head would move up and down like it does in that video, watch closely. A head of any kind wouldn't be able to make that kind of movement without being attached to something like a body.

Its a propaganda video to try and scare other country's medical practices. This never happened and it will never happen.

This is the equivalent of showing that planet getting blown up by the death star before the cold war.

If any of you idiots believe that this video looks real look closely and you will
realize its BULLSHIT.

It still has muscles in its neck and jaw which could move it slightly.

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
That may have been the same doctor that attached the front end of a dog (front legs to the head) to another dog. It lived for a few days but it worked and it was real.

True-Stripes

True-Stripes
Q.Q That Poor Dog it musta been miserable

DMAN14

The wettest wolf
While I find it fascinating and want to look into more, I just can't. If it wasn't a dog, maybe... but I just cant

Fallowfox

On the subject of transplants in animals, interspecies transplants could fill the entire demand for organ donation if they were made to work.

Pig parts are already treated and used for heart valves and instestinal pieces in human transplant. By stripping an animal organ of its host cells to reveal the collagen scaffold and then reseeding it with the recipient's cells a rejection-free organ could be mass produced on demand.

Currently about 18% of donated kidneys are wasted because of various reasons like not being a good match for any recipients nearby, or that by the time they reach their destination they've pooped out or the person who owned them previously didn't take good care of them.