• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Deciding on fursona species, please help!

XxRavenNightxX

Hi my name is raven and iv relatively new to the furry word and im in need of some help deciding on my fursona`s species i have been thinking it over and iv narrowed it down to a panther or a black fox if you can suggest some more it would be a great help, its difficult to describe myself but ill try here you go..

• Im very imaginative and that can be good as well as bad in some cases.
  • Unlike most people things like bugs, heights or the dark dont scare me in fact i feel comforted when in darkness.
  • I love everything strange and unusual especially strange people as i find them interesting and fun to be around.
  • I often spend my time alone as im not one for being in large crowds and im just fine spending my time in solitude.
  • Im very lightfooted for some reason and i find it easy to move around without making a sound which i found out when trying to spook one of my cusans who happened to break one of my beloved video games.
  • Despite my lack of interest for large groups i love to chat and have fun with a few of my closest friends.
  • Im very artistic and i love all sorts of media and listening to music.
  • I have a dark sense of humor.
  • Oh and it may not sound like it but im actually a really tomboyish girl and not a guy, yup shocker is`nt it? :3

Ok sorry its short and its not much to go on but please try to suggest a few good ones nothing too popular like a dog or a cat, thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Destova

Nobody Special
It's not a big deal, seriously.

Just pick something you like.

This. Yes wolves and cats and such are popular but that really doesn't matter. It's all about what you like, not what others like. Just pick what you like and make it your own. Flesh it out as you go; you don't have to give it a biography the size of Texas the first day, or at all if you wish.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
PWh7jy9.jpg

Tica

Lady Sloth
if you don't want to be a dog or a cat because it's too popular, you definitely don't want to be a fox :/

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Based on your self-description, I came up with:

*Bat
*Raven or crow
*Owl
*Panther
*Jaguar
*Serval
*Housecat
*Jackal
*Spider

SierraCanine

Wolves unite..... oO CHICKEN!!
If you can't decide on a single species.... choose two or three and mesh them together.... It doesn't even have to be two animals. One of my fursona's is an elemental..... an arctic "ice" wolf. Be creative, and don't be afraid to change every so often..... just so long as it's not a weekly, or daily occurrence :V

Armored Chocobo

Let's Playing Avian
Well this is intresting, fursonas are usually what someone sees themselves as and/or a character that represents themselves.

First time I've seen someone ask other people what he/his character should be.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Well this is intresting, fursonas are usually what someone sees themselves as and/or a character that represents themselves.

First time I've seen someone ask other people what he/his character should be.

Well this is my problem too, I don't think it's that rare. I have asked at least 3 times in different places and still, no clue what to be.

This especially happens when people are not that secure on their personalities.

Last edited:

SnC

Panther. Foxes are overdone. Panthers are slightly less overdone. And a panther could totally beat a fox in a fight.

Nataku

Shapeshifting alien dragon
Your name is Raven. Clearly, you should be a raven. Simple enough.

If that's not enough, mix a panther or a fox in with a raven and make yourself a gryphon. Boom, problem solved.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Dunno maybe a RAVEN?

It's in your name :p

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
Think about it for yourself. It should be what feels right. If you can't decide on a single species find a neat and creative way to combine them. Be less worried on species that are "popular" and just think of ways to be an individual.

(Oh look, I'm a broken record.)

Tica

Lady Sloth
Your name is Raven. Clearly, you should be a raven. Simple enough.

If that's not enough, mix a panther or a fox in with a raven and make yourself a gryphon. Boom, problem solved.

Actually, a raven/panther gryphon sounds like a perfect solution!