• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

*Deep breath* Christian furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietrc70

I liked your post, Telnac.

In an earlier post I actually posted the whole weird episode with Tamar and Onan to show that the passage had zilch to do with masturbation.

Kama

I'm more or less Christian I guess, as many of my morals and thoughts are based upon the Christian religion but for the most part I interpret the Bible in my own way, not what the general public thinks.

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
I'm more or less Christian I guess, as many of my morals and thoughts are based upon the Christian religion but for the most part I interpret the Bible in my own way, not what the general public thinks.

Don't needing the bilble to be religious is a sign for a good christian, i think. ^^
And if i would think like the general public, i couldn't be a bi furry, could i? :cool:

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
what alot of peaple got to relise is that the bible has been changed and interpited by alot of diffrent peaple the bible peaple have now is probably nouthing like the origanal i would bet that peaple have rewrote the bible to benifit them and get rid of things thay dont like.

Kama

Don't needing the bible to be religious is a sign for a good christian, i think. ^^
And if i would think like the general public, i couldn't be a bi furry, could i? :cool:
My sentiments exactly XD
Like my family really didn't understand when I had a boyfriend and decided I needed therapy because of that, which I quite frankly still don't understand, but whatever, life goes on. ^^ They tend to follow the general public's ideals etc. I'm keeping the furry part under wraps until they get over that one, or maybe I won't bring it up at all seeing as they probably will not get over the fact that I'd rather be with another guy than a girl. haha. And as for the Bible I personally think it's best to take things into your own hands and think things out for yourself, other than following what the general public thinks (as they are generally wrong anyways :p).

Xantid

Radioactive Mamba Quetzalcoatl
Raised Catholic, now... something else XP

Auros

In response to Telnac's post, #247:

I couldn't have explained it better myself. I like your philosophy.

xiath

Rocket to your face.
I am christian and am Bi (oxymoronic , i know)

Edit: ah crap, i just realized that i have already posted in here before >.< . sorry.

Last edited:

Nargle

HOOT
If you want my opinion, they basically are ignorant people. Science is my tool.

When they invent a God Detecting Radar, then I'll base all of my theological beliefs on science. Until then, you've just got to accept the fact that science still can't prove nor disprove the existence of a god. Yup, I must be totally ignorant to all of this absolute hard evidence that God doesn't exist floating around! **Wonders who the real ignorant one is**

I for one, am Ignostic, however. I pretty much believe that the definition of what God is needs to be refined a little before we make any assumptions. But there are some stated definitions that I find highly unlikely. The christian god being one of them, no offense to any christians here.. 'tis just what I believe!

B

Belladonna Starfire

Im Catholic but im slowly pulling away after 18 1/2 years of being one...and becoming agnostic...god is god u dont need to fallow in all this other bullshit that man as made up over the past 2000 years..

I"m was raised catholic myself but I began to believe in certain things that was not proper to the religion. I myself took certain things out of different religions. I recently came to the fact that I am a furry

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I liked your post, Telnac.

In an earlier post I actually posted the whole weird episode with Tamar and Onan to show that the passage had zilch to do with masturbation.
Eep... sorry, missed that! I skimmed the thread, but with so many posts (who knew this topic would be so popular?) I can easily see how I could have missed it. I would have written a shorter post and included a link to yours if I'd known! ;)

Haven't seen anyone site gnosticism as their religion yet, kinda surprising, any furry Cathars out there, or did the furry Catholics kill them all when no one was looking?

dietrc70

Eep... sorry, missed that! I skimmed the thread, but with so many posts (who knew this topic would be so popular?) I can easily see how I could have missed it. I would have written a shorter post and included a link to yours if I'd known! ;)

Oh, it was in another thread a while back. There's no reason you would have seen it. ;) I liked the way you argued the issue.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
In response to Telnac's post, #247:

I couldn't have explained it better myself. I like your philosophy.
Thanks!

Tho there is one thing that I wanted to comment on but forgot to do so last night:
I noticed that many Christians here posted that they believe the Bible's not really all that reliable any more because it's been changed countless times over the eons. I understand that belief, but I don't share it. Yes, there are tons and tons of modern translations, but if you go back to the earliest manuscripts, you find very few differences between them, and the differences that do exist don't change the message of the Bible in any way. Even the most major of them can be easily explained as simple mistakes made by faithful scribes. Yes, I've seen the websites listing thousands of supposed errors & contradictions. Nearly all of the so-called contradictions are paradoxes - something that's actually key to the Christian faith! Like the fact that Jesus is both Man and God: it's a paradox... they seem to be contradictory, but both are true! The book of Proverbs is full of them, and some of them are quite profound.

I think the main reason so many people believe that the Bible has had so many changes is the realization that there is something very, very wrong with the way that Christianity is practiced by many conservative churches and denominations these days. And to note: I consider myself a conservative believer, so I'm not condemning all conservative Christians! Another note: I'm not talking about political conservatism, either. That's another beast entirely. I'm talking about the branch of Christianity that believes that the Bible as we know it today is still the Word of God.

The problem is that many conservative churches & denominations have become loaded down with man-made rules (as I noted in my earlier post.) They teach these rules as if they were part of the Ten Commandments, and they use very flimsy references to the Bible to back these rules up. (Again, see my earlier post for an example.) Because their man-made rules depend on these references to the Bible for their authority, they have to declare that the Bible is the true Word of God in order to firmly establish these man-made rules. So you get an ironic travesty: unbiblical, legalistic man-made rules that are strongly preached by churches and individual Christians who supposedly believe in the teachings of the very Bible they're defiling! As I stated in the earlier post, Jesus strongly opposed people who did such things in His day, and he reserved his strongest condemnation not for the sinners of his day... but for the outwardly righteous hypocrites who twisted the Word of God for their own agenda.

But you don't need to throw out the authority of the Bible to throw away those false man-made rules! That's the very essence of the two grievous errors being made by 90% of the Christians today. Either they're ultra-conservative and they add a bunch of legalistic man-made rules to the teachings of the Bible, or they throw the Bible out entirely and embrace relativism. I strongly believe that neither are correct. It's hard, really hard, to read the Bible for yourself and see the truth from the falsehoods. But I believe that's really the only way you can really see what God really wants us to know. You don't need to throw out the Bible, the fount of God's wisdom, His teachings and the very guide to salvation, to throw out the man-made garbage being taught by the ultra-conservative churches. They would have you believe that Christianity is a religion of "thou shalt not"s. It's not. It never has been. We are all sinners. I don't care if you're gay or straight, if you drive 55 or 155, if you have one girlfriend or 20. We all sin. If Christianity was a faith of "thou shalt not"s, we'd all be doomed. We'd all go to Hell.

But it's not. Christianity is about the love of Christ. It's about choosing to serve Him. Serving Jesus isn't about living a perfect life. Yes, we are called to repent, but far more important than that is the command to share the love of Christ with those around us. I can't do that if I'm out there condemning people for every silly little sin in their lives, when my own life is full of sin too! Following Jesus is "thou shall"s... not "thou shall not"s. "Love your neighbor as yourself"... the so-called golden rule is chief among the "thou shall"s. So is the teaching that we need to forgive others for whatever grievances we have with each other. We're all sinners, and we have all hurt others and been hurt by others. If we can't forgive each other, how can we expect God to forgive us?

Yes, you can be gay and follow Jesus. One of the strongest Christians I've ever met was a bisexual woman in college. One of the weakest was a preacher who occasionally visited my campus and screamed at people & told them they were going to Hell for wearing "provocative clothing" like shorts & a t-shirt. (It was 100+ degrees in California at the time... if you didn't wear something provocative, you'd die of heat stroke!) The bisexual woman I knew was a true servant of God. Yeah, she had her flaws. But she knew she was forgiven, and she shared her faith and love with everyone around her. The fire & brimstone dude? If he died that day, I think he'd get a taste of fire & brimstone himself. I can only hope he's read the Bible in his hand instead of thumping people over the head with it. Maybe then he'd realize what it really says, and repent of his hate.

Most conservative Christians would have you believe that one of the worst sins you can do is to have sex with your partner. Far from it. Jesus forgave a woman for adultery. But hypocrisy... that's a bit more thorny in God's eyes. He made it quite clear that judgmental, hateful people will face judgment themselves. Those who scream "God hates fags and furries"... are in for a very rude surprise.

(Apologies for the use of the word "fag." Although I am quite straight, I find the word very offensive and I generally don't use it. But this was an exception because I was making a reference to the shining example of hypocrisy: the Westboro Baptist Church and their despicable website, http://www.godhatesfags.com/ )

gunnerboy

im a christian, but i dont think it matters what you are as long as you happy (cliche i know)

Ne0h

I'm Buddhist
but it still has some of the same morals~
And I believe in God still I guess that make me sort of Christiany I guess.

I'm all for gay marriage though! :)

Last edited:

Urban Wolf

I can hat!
Atheist :3
I'm gay, furry and a proud rationalist... no turning back now xD
I'm going to yiff and hell and enjoy it.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.