• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

*Deep breath* Christian furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouden

When in doubt: C4
I am a Christian. But without the religion. I think that is nondenominational. I prefer "Ant-religion" but whatever. I believe that God died for our sins on the cross, and that the Bible is truth. After all, the translation of "religion" is "to bind up" or "to tie."

I believe in being a free and wild spirit, and being untamed. I fully believe this is the essence of God's nature, and the nature of the wolf. I also believe that the wolf is a great and perfect example of the wild nature and soul of man, but yet it is only a taste of the fierceness of the human soul.

In a way, I can feel the soul of wolf moving deep within my own. I feel this is a gift, so that I may not forget that God made me and he made me with fire.

Maui

I'm a Christian, and really I'm quite content with it.

Telnac...? AWESOME POSTS. I really couldn't agree more!

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I'm a Christian, and really I'm quite content with it.

Telnac...? AWESOME POSTS. I really couldn't agree more!
Thanks. :)

Gnome

I am GoatMystic
i am not "modern chistian" but early pre-Constantine-iean Christianity is very compelling/interesting. Am i a pagan? Probably because my beliefs lay outisde of any one hting iv heard of. Roesecurin is allways good, that bassicaly christan. For me it is to difficult to seperate christ-dionysus -Osyrus ,what makes one myth and one religion, we grew up ith one not the other? NAAaah....
well wha im trying to say is
"I am copesetic to basic chrstological concepts"
...not modern christain

oh, and and im about to say something incrediably off color and offecive to some so do not read further is you feel you may be offended DO NOTREAD THE BLUE
Catholics, what the hell? creating a bizar self controdicting mish mash of ancient religions and belife systems, into a self serving politcal system...jeez

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
OK, not to needlessly resurrect this thread, but I wanted to ask this question: to those of you who are Christians, do you believe there is something inherently sinful in being a furry?

Ethereal_Dragon

Crush or be crushed.
*points to sig* I regularly attend church and am working on my relationship with God... still having some rough patches, but hey.. no one's perfect. If they were, what would be the point?

...No, I don't know how I live with myself having a fetish that contradicts my own religion. I think. It's... difficult to say whether having this internal thing is sinful or not. Obviously I would rather think not but I definitely question it on a regular basis.

Neybulot

I make you unlucky.
*points to sig* I regularly attend church and am working on my relationship with God... still having some rough patches, but hey.. no one's perfect. If they were, what would be the point?

...No, I don't know how I live with myself having a fetish that contradicts my own religion. I think. It's... difficult to say whether having this internal thing is sinful or not. Obviously I would rather think not but I definitely question it on a regular basis.

Meh, for a second I was thinking I shouldn't post something...But I need to stand up for my beliefs instead of whimpering in the dark.

I'm a protestant Christian and I also agree with Ethereal_Dragon on his post. I don't exactly know how I live with the whole furry thing and all the fetishes. I know for a fact it is sinful because according to the Bible which I believe as true, God made man in his own image, and me wanting to change that contradicts God's plan for my life and basically says I don't care how he made me, I want to do with myself what I want to do.

That's my short view on it anyway. I could probably go more in-depth but I dislike talking about this subject, it makes me feel a bit worse about myself and very contradictive.

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
Yeah, well, I liken my beliefs to Christianity (one God, the Bible and such) but I take issue with many points. (Damned be the gays. Are you sure God said that?) So, I don't consider myself a 'true' Christian, but... for simplicity that's how I introduce myself.

Kangamutt

I was left completely disillusioned with church, religion & the bible by my peers in highschool, and hardly call myself a christian nowadays, and would probably consider myself a Buddhist now, but in a christian sense. No supreme being, no dogma, no hellfire, just being a good person as some guy thousands of years ago suggested we do.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Oh well, guess I'll post in here for once.

Nihilist Atheist here. I believe even if their ends up being a god man has no moral biniding to worship him. There is no right and wrong. When you die, you die. You're given one guarenteed life. Also, heaven is too perfect. No conflict would be boring.

Ethereal_Dragon

Crush or be crushed.
Meh, for a second I was thinking I shouldn't post something...But I need to stand up for my beliefs instead of whimpering in the dark.

I'm a protestant Christian and I also agree with Ethereal_Dragon on his post. I don't exactly know how I live with the whole furry thing and all the fetishes. I know for a fact it is sinful because according to the Bible which I believe as true, God made man in his own image, and me wanting to change that contradicts God's plan for my life and basically says I don't care how he made me, I want to do with myself what I want to do.

That's my short view on it anyway. I could probably go more in-depth but I dislike talking about this subject, it makes me feel a bit worse about myself and very contradictive.

That hit pretty hard, but you're making perfect sense at the same time.

...I do indeed like how I am - in God's image - and the only thing I would want to unnaturally change would be my outwards appearance. I can see how that would still be offensive to Him.

This sucks!

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator

...I do indeed like how I am - in God's image - and the only thing I would want to unnaturally change would be my outwards appearance. I can see how that would still be offensive to Him.

This sucks!
But God also gave man imagination, and the creativity to improve and build upon his creations.

Here's my logic: God never said "use soap". But wait, Dragoneer, what does that have to do with... Yes. Let me finish. By God's own creation, man, he gave you glands and a bodily function which naturally secretes oils and natural odors, things we tend to find generally "unclean" and "stinky". In an effort to wash away those natural scents** we have created soaps and shampoos and sanitizers and other cleaners to remove our natural smells and bodily odors. This is an all good thing, and it vastly improves quality of life. But by doing so, you're scrubbing away naturally occurring facets. Smelling minty fresh is not natural, but those scents are a part of "natural man".

God gave you the ability to improve upon a building block. Style your hair. Dye your hair. If you think about it, changing the color of your hair chemically is no worse than using your imagination to pretend you're an anthro-fox... or whatever.

But that's just my logic.

** Yes, I'm aware that much of the "natural scent" is caused by bacteria, but these are all things that come naturally.

Ethereal_Dragon

Crush or be crushed.
Dang, you just gave me a lot to think about. It makes sense, but I need time to come to a conclusion. Maybe I can find something in the Word about this. I mean, people dealt with bodily odors for a millenium. If that was an aspect of the curse of sin, was it meant to be something we were supposed to change? I'm not saying that we should all throw out the soap, but we are vain creatures by nature. If you take the "it guards against disease" standpoint, that adds another side to it because we're taking care of the temple of God, which is something He wants - good stewardship.

Right then, I'm done speaking in rhetoric and talking to myself. I didn't post this with the intention of disagreeing, but I felt I should make my thoughts (and struggle) public to anyone who shares the issue. I would love to believe God has no issue with me wishing I was a freaking anthrodragon, but I have to examine myself and the Word very carefully.

Toxxy

Euphemisms!
Most of my life was spent in Catholic schools; those tight little wool uniforms, masses, religion classes, nuns, morning prayers and the like. So I know the faith like a well-memorized book. However, I'm an Agnostic through and through but I know the whole dance and song if that's what you mean.

nek0chan

i'm christian. but its still a sticky situation with who i am and what i believe compared to the beliefs of the rest of my church.

Ethereal_Dragon

Crush or be crushed.
if you believe it's wrong, why are you doing it
if you don't believe it's wrong, why do you subscribe to a religion with which you disagree

hth

Because I love it.
Because Christianity is more than a religion to be subscribed to, but that's another (long, painful) discussion.

@ Gnome: Muslims follow some of the ideas presented by Christ too. They are most certainly not Christian.

Owwin

Tests on animals.

This sucks!
I always thought the "in his own image" thing meant something about giving us free will and a higher consciousness. If God looks like a human then why is it proposed that seeing his true form would cause death, and why does it say that all those who follow him will be given a "new body" in the afterlife.

I don't buy a lot of the stuff from the Bible because even though it was originally the word of God it was written and warped by the hands of men over the centuries. I think that most of it is figurative to begin with. Nobody remembers the origin of life. Maybe the creation story is something that the Divine Spirit inspired people to write because the mechanism of evolution was too complex for them. Maybe it did tell them about evolution and they wrote it down wrong. What I do know is that it was passed down word of mouth style for years before it was written down. Crucial info was most likely lost, and the story jumbled up as it passed through the wrong people.

Religion is a good thing, but mankind ruins almost everything good that is given to it. Just look at all of the death caused in the name of religion and you will see that you just can't trust other people's religion. Find your religion. The things you really believe in. It is stated a few times that faith and belief are the most important things, you can always repent.

EDIT: On the other hand they also say that the devil works in pretty packages. So to make sure I am not being a tool of his evil I am gonna go ahead and tell you not to take what I say too seriously. Once again don't let me (another human, you know the things that ruin everything?) tell you what to do. Find what you believe.

All of this religion talk makes me realize that I haven't been to church in a long time. I really need to go. Even though I don't know what to think about all the stuff in text. I see church as a place where I can go and sing in public without getting stared at. Plus the priest at my church tells the best sermons ever. He is from Kenya and his accent is freaking awesome.

Last edited:

Ethereal_Dragon

Crush or be crushed.
I'd rather not get into a religious debate, so I'll just leave you with this:

There is no God but God for me, and Christianity will always be my doctrine.

Shadow

Likes to Create
Going back to me saying I'm an Agnostic Theist. I started out as a Christian, but got tired of the bad saying and amount of people in it. Besides, God is the lord, not his son Christ. "Father why have you forsaken me?" Would he say that to himself. I know not to hate the religion, but the people ruin it for me. If God made something for us to hate, why would he? "Heh, time to make these guys hate the gays." No thanks. The fallacies I saw annoyed me to no end. So, I became a neutral guy in religion. Believing what I want to believe. NO RELIGION PUSHING PLEASE!!

Simply put, whatever happens, happens. I believe there's a greater power to an extent. How could we have had all the symmetry we have by accident, and if there's no after life, why don't we off ourselves now?

Going back to the supposed contradictory concept of a Christian furry, tell me in a place in the Bible that says "NO FURE 4 U!"

Malic

I've been a Southern Babtist for most of my life and still am. I take the Bible,more or less, as true.

Im an athiest down to the bone ^_^ probably why I accept people more lol

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Well, to answer my own question: I don't believe one's desires are in any way sinful. It's what you do with those desires that count.

I believe God created humanity in His own image, not because we're bipedal or because we have fingers & toes and a flat face instead of a muzzle. It's our intelligence that's in God's image; our spirit. That's what really differentiates us from the animals. Not claws or fur or teeth or tails. It's our mind and our soul.

I strongly believe that we will eventually develop artificial intelligence. If that's true, I believe our future AI machines will have souls-- not because we have any way of giving it to them, but because I believe God will. Even if we ultimately never do develop such wonderful machines, it's nearly inconceivable to think that we would be the only form of intelligence in the Universe. What about aliens? Are they made in God's image? I think so. It doesn't matter what their form is. If they're intelligent, they've been made in God's image.

Why am I digressing so? Simple: wearing furry ears & a tail isn't spitting in God's face, nor is a desire to take a mate who wears such things. It's no more or less sinful than liking someone who wears leather trench coats. I'd greatly like to find a mate in the form of a dragon, but I recognize that no matter what my desires are, I am ultimately a servant of God. What I do is what counts. If I find a lifelong mate who is willing to play "dress up" in the bedroom, I really don't think God's going to disapprove. If I hop from bed to bed in search of said mate... that's another story.

I wanted to make this point because I've seen posts recently (and I'm not just talking about this site) that have implied that somehow being outside society's norms (much less being a furry) & being a servant of God are mutually exclusive. They aren't. I believe those of us who have pledged our lives to Christ have been called to serve Him... wherever we may be, be that at church, with your family or even posting on here. I really don't care if someone has a sexual desire for anthropomorphic zebras or otters of foxes or anything else. Don't be ashamed to serve God, even if some might call you a hypocrite because you're willing to serve Him in someplace that they might consider "sinful."

If being different was sinful, Jesus would have been the greatest of all sinners at the moment of His birth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.