• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

*Deep breath* Christian furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerboy

i am Christan, but i do not need church to be spiritually filled

Woofi

I may or may not be a furry.
I may or may not be a Christian.
I haven't decided yet.
But I like Rock 'n Roll music.

me? Not a christian, certainly not. Sorry to say so.
I don't really know what religion I am. It's weird because although I am not a religious person I have dreams that are often centered around the conflict of heaven vs hell.
I was baptised catholic, though. But even as a kid I played pokemon in the back row of the church...

Иван

I'm not religious, but I guess you could call me semi-christian from a moral standpoint.
I like Jesus (or whoever wrote his lines) because from a moral perspective, he was way ahead of his time, in that he beleived that actions are more important than just faith, that all people are equal, and that we should rely on the spirit and meaning of teachings rather than the words alone. He was not content to follow the ethical and moral codes of his time just because that's how he was raised.
I think we owe it to him to separate the supernatural miracles, heaven/hell, resurrection, etc. from his original, radical morality.
In the words of Richard Dawkins, "Atheists for Jesus!"

KalinaEllenberg

I really don't know anymore, but I am Mormon, thus Protestant, thus Christian. (Going through one of those "questioning my beliefs and who I am" stages.)

LobaHuskita

oh no....OH NO! D:
*nods* Yup, I'm a believer. :3

KalinaEllenberg

David M. Awesome said:
KalinaEllenberg said:
I really don't know anymore, but I am Mormon, thus Protestant, thus Christian. (Going through one of those "questioning my beliefs and who I am" stages.)

Hate to break it to you, but Mormons are not considered to be Christians. At least not by the Christian churches, anyways, I think that Mormons still like to say that they are.
It's not like Mormons don't believe in God or Jesus. And that in technicality is a Christian.
Wikipedia said:
Mormonism is a Christian religion, but has had an uneasy relationship with traditional Christian denominations, such as the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Anglican Communion and most branches of Protestantism.
See article Wikipedia article on Mormonism

I really don't care, just proving my point.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
KalinaEllenberg said:
It's not like Mormons don't believe in God or Jesus. And that in technicality is a Christian.
Wikipedia said:
Mormonism is a Christian religion, but has had an uneasy relationship with traditional Christian denominations, such as the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Anglican Communion and most branches of Protestantism.

If you used Wikipedia as a reference for a college essay, you would get an automatic zero for it. 8) Ask almost any Christian figure of authority and they'll probably tell you that Mormons are not Christians. And they'd probably say the same about Jehovah's Witnesses, but that's another topic entirely.

Trust me, my father is a preacher. :p

Vfox

Old Fox
Christian....denomination...no clue.

I consider God to be a bit nicer than most Christians would argue....I don't think anyone is going to hell unless they are a truly heartless, vile, horrible person. In fact I think as long as you live a moral life, you are set.

Myoti

I was raised in a Baptist (mostly just by-name) church and devoted myself to Christ, and in the recent several years of my life my dad served as a pastor.

Thankfully, my dad isn't 'ignorant' or such and the conclusions he made for his church are pretty much the same I've found, so it's all good (i.e., stand by the believed truths of the Bible itself, but don't be a pussy/asshole to others when it comes to 'religion').

I also did PowerPoint and computer work for my dad's church and still do such at my local one.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
*busts teh door in doing a supper cool action hreo thing and getting his really cool one liners ready* ok.now that I've done that (always wanted to) I dont really consider myself to be a christean. I mean, in this world I've found that though you can subscribe to religon that it often causes alot of troube just as ny system of rules would. that being said I dont discourage christians or anyone who identifies themself as one. after all, I've seen alot and belief in a higher being is perfectly normal. theres many phnominon that cant be explanied and prod even teh smartest of us to question if maybe there was really aguiding hand at teh start of all this.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I&I (God and Myself) am Rastafari, which basically means I believe in and more importantly live by the most fundamental common good of Christianity, which you don't need to be a Christian to recognize and practice. Where I&I differ from Christians is in what forms I believe God took, who I believe the prophets were, my views on book and church / religion itself. I believe Haile Selassie I, descended from the line of Solomon is/was the returned living God, and that he came to remind us of what our task is here on this earth in a time of great confusion and conflict, and that is to create a world in which human rights are protected for all regardless of religion, race or nationality. As for prophets, it's a commonly held Rastafarian belief that basically anyone can be a prophet and that in a sense every true Rasta is a prophet in his or her own right, but for a famous example, Marcus Garvey. As far as the Bible and other religious texts go, we have a saying: half the word of God is written in the Bible, the other half in a man's heart, which basically means the answers are really in you, and that scripture need not be taken literally but can help guide and inspire you. A physical church is not necessary, aside from ones own body and mind. That is where spirituality really exists in the end, isn't it? In keeping with Selassie I's teachings of religious tolerance, Rastas don't seek to convert others to Rastafari, but away from the negative aspects in both religion and life in general, such as racism, imperialism and mindless indoctrination to harmful ways of thinking and doing. Actually, you really can't convert, you sorta just are or aren't and if you are, basically any number of things can cause you to realize that's who you are.

Oh, and I'm not sure how many Christians are aware of this, but the Adam & Eve story is supported by science now. Just not in the way you might think and not in the place you might think.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
KalinaEllenberg said:
David M. Awesome said:
KalinaEllenberg said:

Hate to break it to you, but Mormons are not considered to be Christians. At least not by the Christian churches, anyways, I think that Mormons still like to say that they are.
Wikipedia said:

The most accepted litmus test for whether a religion is a Christian sect or not is if they affirm the Nicene creed. I don't know if Mormons do or not though, nor do I particularly care.
Wolf-Bone said:
Oh, and I'm not sure how many Christians are aware of this, but the Adam & Eve story is supported by science now. Just not in the way you might think and not in the place you might think.

If you're referring to Y-Adam and Mitochondrial Eve then I don't think you've really understood what is meant by those terms.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Lobar said:
If you're referring to Y-Adam and Mitochondrial Eve then I don't think you've really understood what is meant by those terms.

I understand that they lived quite a large number of years apart from each other and that not every single human is literally descended from them, but that they represent a certain point at which you could definitively say all humans share basically the same DNA. I understand that in spite of all the hangers on grasping at straws for reasons to preserve racial (and racist) classifications except maybe for medical purposes, this proves them wrong, and turns the faith I had as a child, that we are but one, human race into knowledge. Knowledge, I might add, that this society seems slow to put into action in spite of its own faith that says we are created equal under God and all essentially related, as the Adam & Eve story has been trying to tell us for eons.

You know what I was told as a child, by Christians? Fairy tales about how people look different because when God was creating humans, he baked them in an oven and made some too dark and some too light. And I thought "that can't be true, God doesn't make mistakes". Another one they told me was that we all got our different looks at the same time we got our different languages, relating to the tower of Babel story and how that was part of humanity's punishment. So I thought "Well why would God need to change the skin and the face to change the tongue, and how does that even work when anyone can learn another peoples language?" And of course, we all know what the Mormons have to say about color......

I held tightly to a few small but crucial principles all my life that plenty of much older and more "devout" Christians can't seem to grasp, and instead of being "saved" by faith I was vindicated by a fucking fossil. That, to me is a far more divine revelation than seeing a God damned stain resembling the fictional account of Jesus in a window. That is why I feel I'm more Christian than a lot of people calling themselves Christian even though I see myself as always having been a Rasta, even though that knowledge wouldn't come 'til later in my life also.

YurouYuki

I think I am some form or t'other of christian but have a lot of varrying beliefs, for example, I don't think gay people are going to spend an afterlife of eternal damnation because they are gay (rather upon further inspection, the reason homosexuality was condemned, back in the old testatment, was for the same reason masturbation was not allowed, it did not produce children, and if everyone had masturbated or been gay, the human race would have gone extinct). I'm a very open-minded person in general, which doesn't really seem to go with traditional christianity.

Vfox

Old Fox
Wolf-Bone said:
In keeping with Selassie I's teachings of religious tolerance, Rastas don't seek to convert others to Rastafari, but away from the negative aspects in both religion and life in general, such as racism, imperialism and mindless indoctrination to harmful ways of thinking and doing.

That's a line of thought that everyone should respect. I can't say I agree with your idea of who was and wasn't God born into flesh, but I certainly love the mindset passed on from Selassie I.

Wolf-Bone said:

Wasn't it traced to a single northern African male several thousand years ago?

W

Wheeler-Kun

Is it weird that this was more responses than I expected? Eheh.

Don't know weather you'll see this or not, but thanks for starting the "Athiest (ect.) Furries" thread, Xipoid. Keeps things more on topic here~

I made this thread, but I don't really have anything to add... :/

Kyoujin

SOCK GOES WHAR?
Surprisingly, I'm Christian.. sort of, I guess. I don't really believe the Bible is true, just there to help guide us.. and that a lot of it is outdated. Obviously I don't think gays go to hell (and really don't even think I believe in hell).. I mostly just think as long as you treat people kind, then that's really all there is to it.

I just hate the hypocritical "Christians" that make everyone look bad. Oye.

DR4IG

Xipoid said:
I do not believe that sort of mentality is considered Agnostic. Generally when I think of Agnostic I think of things like "God may or may not exist" or "I will not comment on God's existence".

I believe the term they were looking for was 'gnostic' a belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ as a great prophet and leader in principal and deed as opposed to a savior or child of God as written by the churces 300+ odd years after his death.

I sort of lean in that direction myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.