• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

*Deep breath* Christian furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
I am. And I think it's sad I'm a furry OR a Christian. But I like what I like, and I believe what I believe. I explore all different lifestyles and religions, and this sick, twisted combo just happened to come about. No, that's not a skateboarding reference.

I find my religion to be qualified and reasoned. My preference for anthros has no reason or logic behind it. So I'm open about my Christianity, but NOT open about furriness. Yet I dislike Christians AND furries equally. Go figure.

Same here. Pound it.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I don't follow religeon, but i do believe god exists and god helps me, i bel;ieve he has helped me out of huge messes ive got myself into more than once, yet i don't follow any religeon nor go to church, but at the same time i respect any religeon out there.

Guano

I'm a Christian, and I'm proud to be one. And before any anti-Christian on here even thinks about flaming me...I will use your flames to roast marshmellows.

Bambi

I'm a mixed bag of the religions.

But all of them meld together well.

I can't really comment on any Christian Furries, since I don't really know any.

I was born into a Christian family, was Baptised and recived a Roman Catholic communion and recieved a full confirmation.

I have since converted to Islam and I don't regret my decision for one second.

Last edited:

ADF

I was raised Catholic when mummy and daddies words had authority second only to policemen and God, then converted to Atheism when I was old enough to consider what I thought as opposed to a childhood of being told what to think by relatives and society.

Therefore I have no concept of sin or divine ruling; the universe doesn’t care who I have sex with or what I choose to do this morning, it most certainly doesn’t care if a sentient pile of space dust decides to parade around with a tail before returning to nothingness. Hell I could genetically engineer a tail to stick on my backside, mess around with my DNA so I am no longer a human being *shock* and run around the forest naked, what does a neutral to life or dirt universe care? What does the animal kingdom that we come from care? Only people will choose to take offence and try to do something about it, being a social creature that is kind of a problem you know?

I don’t understand why some people struggle to mix their religion with their interests, where in the Bible does it say “thou shall not like anthropomorphic animals”? I see Christians around the web having trouble coexisting their religion and furry interests, even seen a few videos on YouTube full of people ranting something about furries questioning Gods chosen design for humanity. Doesn’t of course stop them watching fantasy movies that dare to suggest gods creation is boring.

I think the world would be allot more interesting if there was more than one dominant animal species that can talk and learn, rather than the whole ‘we are Gods chosen and every other species are food and tools to do with as we wish’ mentality, maybe our ego as a species would be taken down a healthy notch?

G

Gubbinz schiwifty-five

I'm a Christian aswell...But with a funny anti-furry leaning.

WHO KNEW?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
*Points, laughs*

Nope, religion free here.

Wovstah

Best icecream flavour ever!
I'm religiously confused and struggling to express that to my father who is one of those "Look at me, I'm Holy Ghost filled! My religion is the only truth and you better convert or I'll laugh under my breath at you" types... No, seriously, I tried to talk to him about other religions and he laughed at me, saying: "Christianity is the only truth. I know."

*takes a deep breath* But I digress, and I digress often.

I'm a furry who believes in a higher, good spirit, but also believes that sin does exist and one can be punished for it.

I don't think I know of any Christian furries. D=}

Ty Vulpine

I am a Christian furry, though I do disagree with the Church on some issues (homosexuality, for instance).

some of my morals are from a christian standard, but i detest the word religon, for a religon is set in stone one way and this way only, i believe in ideas... not religon, and i think whatever god/god's would agree that haveing ideas and not being a biggot to one another because of diffrent book titles but to really sit down and talk and share ideas and grow more healthy than shuning someone for saying the word "fuck" yah know? i think everyone that flags there religon around needs to chill and stop catagorising themselves into a group of people that has dont horrid acts in the name of "god" so i say FUCK religon, have ideas about what YOU think is true look at other religons and find common ground, never take one book and say THIS IS IT THIS IS IT dont limit yourself... grow

Last edited:
G

Gubbinz schiwifty-five

some of my morals are from a christian standard, but i detest the word religon, for a religon is set in stone one way and this way only, i believe in ideas... not religon, and i think whatever god/god's would agree that haveing ideas and not being a biggot to one another because of diffrent book titles but to really sit down and talk and share ideas and grow more healthy than shuning someone for saying the word "fuck" yah know? i think everyone shoul flags there religon around needs to chill and stop catagorising themselves into a group of people that has dont horrid acts in the name of "god" so i say FUCK religon, have ideas about what YOU think is true look at other religons and find common ground, never take one book and say THIS IS IT THIS IS IT dont limit yourself... grow

Your quite the ranting type aren't ya?

Your really beginning to push me into doing a megapost that will sink your argument faster than a boat with no hull.

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
im a christian bu not part of any denomanation(i probably spelled that wrong) i beleave in god and jesus and i read the bible but i dont go to church (grew up on farm to far away from church so read bible with family)

Your quite the ranting type aren't ya?

Your really beginning to push me into doing a megapost that will sink your argument faster than a boat with no hull.

i am allowed to share my views if you dont like it you can ignore me and if you persist i shall ignore you. i am not pushing you to do anything simply speaking, so go threaten someone who cares ok? thanks

also how can you argue ideas? everyone is free to think as they wish, and learn and grow on diffrent levels. you cannot make another person think what you do we are all diffrent have diffrent ideas and faiths, and this is the way the world is.

Last edited:

RetroCorn

Did someone say waffle?
i'm a christian, have been all my life. ^_^

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
The only real morale that must be followed by everyone is COMMON SENSE (Don't do stupid shit such as pissing on an electric fence, etc)

But sadly, it appears in our world that quite a few disregard that.

Cash64

{Insert Theme Song}
I suppose If you christian its what you choose, i just think its a bit hypocritical if you are gay and all, thats mostly why im not christian X3

Tevnon

I was originally a born again Baptist when I first found Furry and had every intention of staying that way. Unfortunately that isn’t quite what happened. For starters when I let my church know what I was into there were HUGE repercussions. This was soon after the CSI Fur And Loathing episode came out, unfortunately, and that didn’t help. The pastor and deacons also “researched” the matter and found some “literature” on the subject. They never would tell me what their source was, but they claimed that according to this “literature” that Furry was started by people who believe they have “animal characteristics” who got together to hold “rituals” somehow celebrating or somehow worshiping these “animal characteristics”. I was told over and over that Furry is “of The Devil”. I could not convince them elsewise, there were lots of “discussions” (i.e. arguments), and long story short nothing short of declaring Furry the work of Satan and begging forgiveness would have stopped me from getting kicked out. In the end the only thing which kept me from being excommunicated outright was the fact that I stopped going and refused to have any further contact.

Anyway, the church started praying that I be “handed over to Satan” and that “my flesh may be destroyed” and horrid prayers like that. It wasn’t just some half hearted church prayer; these people were praying FERVENTLY that God give me to Satan. I don’t think I can really fully describe what that is like to live through spiritually. It felt like a dark oppressive cloud was hanging over me. I became confused, clouded, even perhaps delusional (I came to believe The Bible contained a secret message proclaiming polytheism o_O). My health suddenly failed, which I do not personally believe to have been an accident, and I started having severe chest pain which to this day, nearly four years later, no doctor has been able to diagnose. My beliefs in this period underwent a huge rearrangement/derangement. I eventually got into things like Wicca, Shamanism and Chaos magic. It wasn’t so much a matter of willfully choosing those spiritual practices as it was doing those things and adopting those beliefs spontaneously in a sort of confused daze. It’s really hard to describe. It was Hell to live through.

As for now I don’t know. All I can say for what my current religion is is that it is…broken.

RetroCorn

Did someone say waffle?
I was originally a born again Baptist when I first found Furry and had every intention of staying that way. Unfortunately that isn’t quite what happened. For starters when I let my church know what I was into there were HUGE repercussions. This was soon after the CSI Fur And Loathing episode came out, unfortunately, and that didn’t help. The pastor and deacons also “researched” the matter and found some “literature” on the subject. They never would tell me what their source was, but they claimed that according to this “literature” that Furry was started by people who believe they have “animal characteristics” who got together to hold “rituals” somehow celebrating or somehow worshiping these “animal characteristics”. I was told over and over that Furry is “of The Devil”. I could not convince them elsewise, there were lots of “discussions” (i.e. arguments), and long story short nothing short of declaring Furry the work of Satan and begging forgiveness would have stopped me from getting kicked out. In the end the only thing which kept me from being excommunicated outright was the fact that I stopped going and refused to have any further contact.

i would have flipped them the bird and left. no lie.

why did you tell them?

Hyenaworks

Oh Derpy! That's not a letter
Gay Republicans...
Oh, wait.. this isn't a list of oxymorons.
My bad.

Someone here has never heard of the Log Cabin Republicans.

On another note, what a very close-minded, non-progressive, unnecessary comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.