• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Deep Fried Drama with Waffle Fries and Lemonade

Would you eat a born again chicken sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftDog

Smdh
Banned
Born-again chickens are cleaner and purer, even more so than halal meat, thanks to Jesus, so you might want to reconsider.

The idea that if something is more spiritually clean makes it better to eat is really quite warped. The idea behind spirituality is self improvement and a connection to some higher plane, and there’s really nothing remotely spiritual about the vicious mass killing machine that is the modern factory farming system. The idea that meat purchased from spiritually enlightened businessman is additionally nothing but a sales gimmick for the physiologically weak of mind.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Havign read through the thread, can somebody explain to an English person what this stuff about Chick-Fil-A financing campaigns to undermine gay rights is?
I find it greatly confusing. It's like discovering that a Coffee shop has an evil plan to deny women the vote.

I

Infrarednexus

Born again chickens?

Now there’s a surprise. I didn’t know chickens needed to come to Jesus.
Regardless, Chik-fil-a is my guilty pleasure. I’ll probably still eat it...
I prefer my chickens saved
3dm627.jpg

quoting_mungo

Havign read through the thread, can somebody explain to an English person what this stuff about Chick-Fil-A financing campaigns to undermine gay rights is?
I find it greatly confusing. It's like discovering that a Coffee shop has an evil plan to deny women the vote.
Chick-Fil-A is owned, from what I gather, by some pretty religious people. Like a lot of US corporations, they make "charitable" donations, presumably because they're tax deductible. Some of the organizations CFA has donated to are icky.

That's like the "I gathered most of this from Twitter threads I read in passing" version, so I'm not very clear on the details. But it seems to be in that general ballpark.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
The idea that if something is more spiritually clean makes it better to eat is really quite warped. The idea behind spirituality is self improvement and a connection to some higher plane, and there’s really nothing remotely spiritual about the vicious mass killing machine that is the modern factory farming system. The idea that meat purchased from spiritually enlightened businessman is additionally nothing but a sales gimmick for the physiologically weak of mind.
www.merriam-webster.com: Definition of JOKE

This is a humor thread. No one eats at Chick-fil-A because their meat is more holy than KFC.

M

MetalWolfBruh

They still think they're free to do what you want because in the end all you have to do is say sorry to the sky daddy and it'll all be forgiven.
And that very well may true when they pass judgement on others but they still acknowledge that they are flawed and seek help from god, and who knows, maybe "sky daddy" really does forgive them? We ourselves can't judge the whole institution of all churches. I've met some pretty cool people at churches where I used to live down south, while I may not agree with them or their scope of the world, it was still an honor to meet them because Christians have been some of the coolest people I've ever met.

D

Deleted member 115426

And that very well may true when they pass judgement on others but they still acknowledge that they are flawed and seek help from god, and who knows, maybe "sky daddy" really does forgive them? We ourselves can't judge the whole institution of all churches. I've met some pretty cool people at churches where I used to live down south, while I may not agree with them or their scope of the world, it was still an honor to meet them because Christians have been some of the coolest people I've ever met.
Whatever you say.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I hate replying to multiple posts, so I'm just going to plant this sucker here.

Most importantly, if a chicken hatches from an egg, @Fallowfox , the egg it hatched from is by definition a chicken egg. I've solved the age-old enigma.

Joking aside, and I'm little hesitant to be a Debbie Downer on an apparently lighthearted thread, but I was raised Catholic so I have some thoughts on Chick-Fil-A and its religious aspects. There is definitely a lot of complexity of the issues I'm glossing over in saying what I'm about to and I'm acknowledging that upfront.
The ownership of Chick-Fil-A is definitely extremely religious and due to their interpretation of Protestant Christian beliefs, they fund and support causes that, diplomatically put, don't have the best interests or rights of domestic and global gay community in mind. Some of the charities and ministries they support actively are attempting to diminish gay community and its rights, especially in Uganda and other parts of Africa, to the point of pushing legislation in Uganda that calls for the imprisonment or even execution of queer individuals.

They have legal right to support such causes, but that doesn't we need to support them with our business since the ownership's action are clearly morally dubious. It would make a world of difference we chose KFC or the best chicken place, Popeyes', over Chick-Fil-A, particularly in this moment of American history.

I've never been to Chick-Fil-A and I won't be going as long as the owner support such causes.

Popeyes' forever. Fight me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 115426

Please don't allude to saltiness, I'm not being overly condescending aside from my jokes.
I'm just not getting into an arguement over the internet. You do you since clearly no one will change your perspective just like you won't change mine.

M

MetalWolfBruh

I'm just not getting into an arguement over the internet. You do you since clearly no one will change your perspective just like you won't change mine.
No problem, but your perspective counters your ideology and how you want others to feel about people maybe you don't want to be generalized.

M

MetalWolfBruh

Gas the gays, gas the gays!
Now, why would you want to go ahead and do that? That's messed up.

I think this thread needs a bible class, accept Jesus into their hearts, and ask for repentance. I see a lot of Satan's anger coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.