• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Deep quotes

D

Domjoe414

Hey all! Share any quotes that you found deep or interesting here. I'll start:
"It is in our actions -- What we do -- that we are happy or the reverse"
-Aristotle, poetics, Chapter 6

sleepy kitty

feline enthusiast & insomniac
“I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy, because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anyone else to feel like that.”
-Robin Williams

Nexus Cabler

Did I fire 6 shots, or only 5? 3? 7? Whatever
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"

-Yoda

Nexus Cabler

Did I fire 6 shots, or only 5? 3? 7? Whatever

Kumali

Lupine-American
"Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal."

- Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha (translation by Joachim Neugroschel)

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
When overwhelming them with kindness doesn't work, try a baseball bat. Results may vary. :cool:
- Wile E. Coyote

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
“We were all humans until
Race disconnected us,
Religion separated us,
Politics divided us,
and wealth classified us.”
- Anonymous

zandelux

You wish for wings or horns or fangs. You wish for powers you can’t control and an ability that you hate. You wish for these things because you are already hated. Already outcasted. Already existing on the fringes of society and you are wishing that it was at least for something cool.

But no. It’s not. It’s not for anything cool. You’re hated because of the most uninteresting normal things in the world. Your coloration, who you love, what you wear, how your mind is wired. It’s all so normal and you can’t stand it. How can they hate you for something so normal? It makes no sense.

So you wish that you had horns instead.

https://what-even-is-thiss.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F189224839290

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
"We weep for the blood of a bird, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those with a voice."

-GitS: Innocence

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
“It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living. Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.”

"I think that no human really understands how to achieve happiness. If you set goals for yourself -- maybe you reach them, maybe you don't... Perhaps being happy on the journey, rather than at the destination, is more easily achieved."

"For a forest to be green, each tree must be green."

Eckhart Tolle, Mac Demarco, George Harrison respectively

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
Never take anything for granted and appreciate what you have and for that matter, those that are capable of handling you. Because time changes everything, and some day you may end up losing what you took for granted.

Sappho

Wolftaur taxi service
Ya can't fix stupid

(Seriously, I tried explaining something to an 18 year old and they're still stupid)

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Ya can't fix stupid

(Seriously, I tried explaining something to an 18 year old and they're still stupid)

I once had to explain to a woman that she couldn't transfer files to a USB stick unless it was plugged into the computer. :}

And here I thought "Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted" was first a John Lennon quote xp

'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' ;D