• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Deep quotes

Sam Akuchin Wamm

yeah, on topic from now on pls.

"you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink"

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Nation is great but it's people are wh**s - Marshall Józef Piłsudski

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
己所不欲,勿施于人。
If you don't want it, don't force it on others either.
-Confucius(孔子)-
己(self) 所(are) 不(not) 欲(willing), 勿(never) 施(pass) 于(on) 人(people).

A lot of people worldwide never know that, and tend to get themselves treated bad without knowing it's them who made the world a worse place together. Confucius is one of the people I admire for their insights. UwU

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
己所不欲,勿施于人。
If you don't want it, don't force it on others either.
-Confucius(孔子)-
You(己) are(所) not(不) wanting(欲), never(勿) force(施) on(于) people(人).

A lot of people worldwide never know that, and tend to get themselves treated bad without knowing it's them who made the world a worse place together. Confucius is one of the people I admire for their insights. UwU
Confucius is awesome.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
There are many types of monsters in this world:
monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood…
and monsters who always tell lies.

Lying monsters are a real nuisance; they are much more cunning than other monsters.

They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart;

they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger;

they study even though they have no
interest in academics;

they seek friendship even though
they do not know how to love.

If I were to encounter such monsters,
I would likely be eaten by it…
because in truth,
I am that monster.

- L, Death Note

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
"People die when they are killed" - Some random Anime dude

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
"If a lot of people love each others, the world would be a better place" ~ Plato

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
"Tomorrow is a mystery, Yesterday is history, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." - Oogway, Kung fu Panda

Kumali

Lupine-American
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Hobbes the tiger, in the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

zandelux

Not a deep quote, but in fact a shallow one:

"If God wants me to get sick, I'll get sick."
- Guy eating outside a food truck just now, on why he doesn't wear a mask

Let's see if God wants me to smack you in the mouth.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Not a deep quote, but in fact a shallow one:

"If God wants me to get sick, I'll get sick."
- Guy eating outside a food truck just now, on why he doesn't wear a mask

Let's see if God wants me to smack you in the mouth.

I caught it in my own home. IF you know anything about epidemiology, you'll know it mostly transmit in the household.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I caught it in my own home. IF you know anything about epidemiology, you'll know it mostly transmit in the household.

This isn't at odds with Zandelux's comment.

Don't catch the virus when you're in the shops >> you don't spread the virus to your entire family at home later

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
This isn't at odds with Zandelux's comment.

Don't catch the virus when you're in the shops >> you don't spread the virus to your entire family at home later

My grandmother got it at church, and my brother got it from her fixing her computer in her home on the hill. Ever since the start I've been "self isolating" with online courses and I live in the woods. I was following all the protocols as well, my family just caught it.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
My grandmother got it at church, and my brother got it from her fixing her computer in her home on the hill. Ever since the start I've been "self isolating" with online courses and I live in the woods. I was following all the protocols as well, my family just caught it.

Yep. There is no way to reduce the chance of catching a virus to zero.
Like wearing a condom cannot reduce your chance of catching HIV to zero, or wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean there's a zero chance of you dying in a car crash.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Yep. There is no way to reduce the chance of catching a virus to zero.
Like wearing a condom cannot reduce your chance of catching HIV to zero, or wearing a seatbelt doesn't mean there's a zero chance of you dying in a car crash.

I know, I of all people am hyper paranoid about any virus. I have been washing my hands in warm water, social distancing and social isolating but I still caught it.

Nonu

No u
Nothing isn't possible because the abcense of something can never be real, because if there is nothing, that makes nothing something. This then means there never can be nothing due to the precense of something, because nothing is something, meaning nothing is just an expression to over exaggerate the idea of emptyness. There can never be truly nothing without something
-averywisefish

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
Make friends with people who want the best for you.
Oh! That reminds me of this:

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

The meaning, as I know it:
Those you can tell that you're a friend of theirs, is when you are there for them as a friend even when they're in need; And naturally, in the other way around--those you can be certain as your friends are those who are there for you as friends even when you are in need.

UwU♡

Last edited: