• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Deep quotes

Connor J. Coyote

Yote-Fantastic
"From my heart, to yours" - Pillsbury
(With the biscuit grenade launcher). :cool:
sddefault.jpg

Dirt Mom

pic is not my persona, see my signature
"From my heart, to yours" - Pillsbury
(With the biscuit grenade launcher). :cool:
sddefault.jpg
this morning i listened to a madman explain magnetic fields to me using croissants.

i can't remember the exact words but they said the rings of the field emanate from the coiled thread like the layers of a croissant and when it interferes with the croissants of our own threads, our nervous system, it is like bashing two croissants together.

they mostly stay intact but on the surface layers shatter into flakes that spin and wisp like petals in the wind folding and curling and tearing again.

these abnormal crumbs are what forms the ripples in the signal and that's how a Theremin works.

and you know what?

that's the first time that instrument has made sense to me.

now i just visualise croissants and i can play the damn thing.

Connor J. Coyote

Yote-Fantastic
"Judging a person does not define who they are...... it defines who you are". -Anonymous
-----------------
"Despair gives courage..... to a coward". -Anonymous

Connor J. Coyote

Yote-Fantastic
1. "Being a yotie yote means, that - "you just be you" everyday.... that's *always* the coyote way". - Connor J. Coyote
coyote_knoth.jpg

-----------------------
2. "Judging someone's character, as well as someone's personal moral fiber -- without knowing the full facts, is the textbook definition of incompetence". - Connor J. Coyote
Incompetent-Leader-300x175.jpg

Connor J. Coyote

Yote-Fantastic
This belongs in a museum, must keep Connor safe at all costs
Yep.... I agree. It's importnt all of us have a degree of safety in our lives. :cool:
coyote_knoth.jpg

-----------------------------
(Here's Another): "Some say chocolate is always better than vanilla... but - I must disagree... as vanilla is the real flavor - I often find myself to be". ♠ - Connor J. Coyote

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
"The best defense is a good offense."
-George Washington-
(Or Shun Tzu?)

While this quote is more likely been introduced on diplomacy/military stuff, I believe it's never limited to.

If one has a good offense, at least one can choose whether to execute it. The essence being... In the world where everyone is either predators or preys(or sometimes both), when you're known to have potential with a working offensive ability, the less likely you're to be targeted by greedy predators.

On the contrary, if you only defend without a working offensive ability, it's then only a matter of time till you get burned into ashes, from any of every single potential predators.
A good defense alone will never, ever get you too far, no matter how just you are.

If it's too complicated... Run.
And perhaps return with a better plan--and especially, trusty comrades--if you ever wish to return, that is.

At the end of the day, whether you wish for your own well-being or others you care--If you don't manage to survive, then there's nothing.

Last edited:

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Go get her, Ray!
- Dr. Peter Venkman
-----
For all those times life seems difficult, just remember that while some friends are sarcastic douches, they are a still a sarcastic douche who is standing right beside you when it counts.

PC Master Race

"I rest my weapons, forever against claiming vengeance.
I am the shield, forever for protecting the innocent.
I will forgive you, even if forever in patience.
You must forgive me, even if forever in silence."

"If you wanna win someone's heart, you should win your own first."

"You either die true to your heart, or live long enough to become the very thing you swore to destroy."

MaetheDragon

Queen of Laziness
“There’s a reason I said I’d be happy alone. It wasn’t because I thought I’d be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone, and then it fell apart… I might not make it.”

“It’s easier to be alone.”

~

“Why do nice people choose the wrong people to date?”

“Because we accept the love we think we deserve.”

~

“I want you to promise me something. If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems.”

“You say it, and you say it loud.”

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
Per Aspera Ad Astra
Through Struggles To The Stars

MaetheDragon

Queen of Laziness
this part hits me, bad
I feel you, man. The reason why it hit me hard is because it’s true. I’ve had my heart broken not just romantically, but within my own family before. This quote is the exact mindset I’m having now.

The other two are just a progression to what I hope to hold close and live by one day.

PC Master Race

I’ve had my heart broken not just romantically
I got this for new year, and in the worst way possible
for the most part I've recovered, but every now and then it still stings

MaetheDragon

Queen of Laziness
I got this for new year, and in the worst way possible
for the most part I've recovered, but every now and then it still stings
That sting hasn’t really gone away for me, though. When I went through my first real heartbreak about a year or so ago, it was such a profound break of trust and induced so much fear that I’m hesitant to reach out like I had before.

Like my walls are only getting thicker. It really sucks, doesn’t it?

PC Master Race

That sting hasn’t really gone away for me, though. When I went through my first real heartbreak about a year or so ago, it was such a profound break of trust and induced so much fear that I’m hesitant to reach out like I had before.

Like my walls are only getting thicker. It really sucks, doesn’t it?
as for me, I keep getting conflicts with myself, because I'm both hesitant and desperate, so I always try to keep it to myself AND reach out

MaetheDragon

Queen of Laziness
as for me, I keep getting conflicts with myself, because I'm both hesitant and desperate, so I always try to keep it to myself AND reach out
I can imagine that’s not fun. Wanting and hoping, only to pull the rug out from under yourself when things get tough. I’d rather keep myself from tripping altogether, but I respect your will to try, even if you’re your own worst enemy in the process.

Connor J. Coyote

Yote-Fantastic
Some sage information, I think ☺:
"Never apologize to people for who you are, for standing up for yourself, or for doing what you feel you need to do for yourself and your situation... as you, and only you - know what's best for your well-being."
-Connor J. Coyote

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

I wonder whether this is the basis for the spider-man tag-line of 'great power great responsibility'.