• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Definitive look for your Fursona

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
He's gone from a loosely sketched glowy striped raving idiot into a person who has dissociative identy disorder mixed in with high functioning schizophrenia.

This effectively means that he perceives himself and the world around him to be something else than real. For example, in my updated pic below, even if he isn't a soldier, this identity makes him perceive himself as such. His predominant identity and world is one in which he is a pioneer psychologist in the roarin' twenties.
Physical changes include glow having faded off gradually as he's become more weary, jaded and grizzled. He's grown a beard too since he got older (it's overly emphasized in my painting, as the colour ought to be nearly white like the rest) and got a crescent scar beneath his right eye from when he tried not to lapse into madness from a state of lucidity.
His delusions do not affect the way he physically looks, but rather only the clothing and environment.

To:

D

Deleted member 111470

My fursona was originally a deer, later a bunny and now finally a monkey. I'm not sure how much he'll evolve over time - I might have him become more jacked and ripped as he gets older, but we'll see as time goes on.

I don't have pics of the previous versions of him tho.

M

Mabus

My sona was originally just an average woof.

Now hes an athletic, solid black-furred average woof with orange-red eyes. Fights fires, saves furs in need, and gives lots of woofs to people =P

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Dogryme used to look something like this...

Hammer And Dangerous

Now, he looks something like This.
My OC.png

Armed, Shielded, and Dangerous.

Basically, he's gone from being a psychotic wacky soldier fluff dragon of some sort...
To a much less confident ranged guardian who hides behind his shield from danger. Not much can stop him in his path, safe some reinforced iron blast doors. But unless the entire fortress is like that, Ground included...
"Our walls are impenetrable!" "Your Floor isn't." ~ Lord Brevon, Freedom Planet. Dogryme would probably steal that line in some way.
Dogryme will still blast his way in.
He is mostly a Guardian though, to his friends. They have to convince him to go out on adventures to other places with them for him to siege an area.

KrissySempaiArt

Mama Memester
E5F95B5E-9D75-4BFC-9C23-CB4769DA696A.jpeg
15FA89C4-FD14-4966-89F6-5333A6F85CFB.jpeg
E5F95B5E-9D75-4BFC-9C23-CB4769DA696A.jpeg
Honestly I havent and dont think Ill ever change mine . Ive only had her since about July of this year , but I had been making her design in my head or in random sketches I would do for about 4-6 months beforehand because I’m very picky about my OC’s I make . I want them to have a purpose in a story , them to be realistic in a sense of personality , realitibility , realism and what not . I know its a big poodle anthro lol , but I wanted her to fit perfectly as an OC . Before I took a long time making OCS my Naruto OC had went through soooo many changes and I never liked doing it , so I started spending a lot more time on doing them thankfully lol

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
Simply put, he was once a generic brown furred anthro wolf before becoming a black furred anthrowolf with glowing blue tattooes and nanoites.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Instead of going for definitive look, I tend to create several forks for my character designs and give them completely different traits, depending on how me or other artists draw them. It's really just more versatile and fun that way - rather than create tons of different characters, I create different "parallel universe" versions of one character, tweaking various traits here and there.

Like on the pics below, for example - three different versions for each of my two primary chars.

Attachments

• 82anA5vcAU8.jpg
    82anA5vcAU8.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 38
  • bdbcs_GXCP4.jpg
    bdbcs_GXCP4.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 37
  • TTxnFU-GfD0.jpg
    TTxnFU-GfD0.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 49
  • e2OIRG3AN8w.jpg
    e2OIRG3AN8w.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 37
  • hppfaV7WweQ.jpg
    hppfaV7WweQ.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 42
  • lTlff6yhUzA.jpg
    lTlff6yhUzA.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 38

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Instead of going for definitive look, I tend to create several forks for my character designs and give them completely different traits, depending on how me or other artists draw them. It's really just more versatile and fun that way - rather than create tons of different characters, I create different "parallel universe" versions of one character, tweaking various traits here and there.

Like on the pics below, for example - three different versions for each of my two primary chars.
Well, that's certainly one way of making it work... I do have a parallel universe version of Dogry who replaced the main villain but got everything destroyed, so...

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
I'm currently in the process of making my character look more creepy.
A lot of people draw him overly cute or good looking and even though its not a bad thing, it just doesn't seem right in my opinion. I am not very attractive, I am a goblin who lives in a dark, cold cave, and my character needs to reflect that

L

-..Legacy..-

My 'sona started off as something of a mewtwo with black fur.

Over time I shifted away from the fur, and because I'm a reptile/scaley fan I swapped the fur for scales.

That was the look for a long while. But as I looked at other character concepts and settled more into the traits that I found more fascinating, my most recent redesign has become:

Wow, so this is the character from your combat thread? I had no idea.

sharprealmcomics

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sharprealmcomics/
When I first got into the fandom, I never really had a solid fursona.. for a while I kicked around the idea of a weasel, because I went by the nickname of weasle back then, but it was never definitive.
in the 90s i was nicked named slim lol i have no idea why XD

sharprealmcomics

My fursona was originally a deer, later a bunny and now finally a monkey. I'm not sure how much he'll evolve over time - I might have him become more jacked and ripped as he gets older, but we'll see as time goes on.

I don't have pics of the previous versions of him tho.
wow thats cool monekys are VERY rare in the fandome very nice wish id see more

sharprealmcomics

View attachment 23757 View attachment 23759 View attachment 23757Honestly I havent and dont think Ill ever change mine . Ive only had her since about July of this year , but I had been making her design in my head or in random sketches I would do for about 4-6 months beforehand because I’m very picky about my OC’s I make . I want them to have a purpose in a story , them to be realistic in a sense of personality , realitibility , realism and what not . I know its a big poodle anthro lol , but I wanted her to fit perfectly as an OC . Before I took a long time making OCS my Naruto OC had went through soooo many changes and I never liked doing it , so I started spending a lot more time on doing them thankfully lol
haha thats funny she kinda looks like a OC i made long long time ago names Sweety Puss *pycotic cat lady but i already had tons of pycoitics lol so i never really went behond the planing stages

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
This is the final look I wanted for Casey Fliegen after personal and research based decision making. I wanted to have him between a full-fledged anthropomorphic character and his more primitive insect form that I based him off of (I personally think that best portrays insects in the furry fandom without sacrificing what makes them unique). Since he's based on a Robber fly, I researched as many species as I could and came to a consensus of what traits I wanted to add. Some were thinner in shape, others had more hairs, and some even looked like bees. Some other aspects of the character I went through the unnecessary trouble of attempting to reason their purpose for being there, such as 'pupils' and how I wanted the mouthpart to look and function. I ended up keeping the short needle-like proboscis mouth, as well as adding pupils as "pseudo-pupils", a light effect created on the eyes of many insects the creates the illusion of something resembling a pupil, kind of like the rounded reflection you see on a reflective sphere. Of course, they don't serve any real purpose, but I didn't want to make the compound eyes so akin to insect that it looks devoid of any character as it would just come off creepy. After that, I incorporated that list of things I wanted and came up with this:

This was not my first iteration, but I went through so few design phases that it doesn't matter that much. Besides improving my methods of drawing, he and the style I use to draw him will likely not change.

sharprealmcomics

This is the final look I wanted for Casey Fliegen after personal and research based decision making. I wanted to have him between a full-fledged anthropomorphic character and his more primitive insect form that I based him off of (I personally think that best portrays insects in the furry fandom without sacrificing what makes them unique). Since he's based on a Robber fly, I researched as many species as I could and came to a consensus of what traits I wanted to add. Some were thinner in shape, others had more hairs, and some even looked like bees. Some other aspects of the character I went through the unnecessary trouble of attempting to reason their purpose for being there, such as 'pupils' and how I wanted the mouthpart to look and function. I ended up keeping the short needle-like proboscis mouth, as well as adding pupils as "pseudo-pupils", a light effect created on the eyes of many insects the creates the illusion of something resembling a pupil, kind of like the rounded reflection you see on a reflective sphere. Of course, they don't serve any real purpose, but I didn't want to make the compound eyes so akin to insect that it looks devoid of any character as it would just come off creepy. After that, I incorporated that list of things I wanted and came up with this:

This was not my first iteration, but I went through so few design phases that it doesn't matter that much. Besides improving my methods of drawing, he and the style I use to draw him will likely not change.
cool he kinda looks like a super hero my anthro drone looks like a sweet shy boy ..kinda like a monk bee....also he likes cross dressing from time time as a hobby XD he looks about 90% deffrent now this was when he was a bee ....but found out drones are male bees/cuter :p so i changed him also this more or less is a scrape pic made in 1/1/2015
jkhu9.jpg

sharprealmcomics

i do the same thing but some of my cartoon the characters change their cloths every day like in RL and even do it to adjust to the weather. not in all my cartoon but a couple

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
cool he kinda looks like a super hero my anthro drone looks like a sweet shy boy ..kinda like a monk bee....also he likes cross dressing from time time as a hobby XD he looks about 90% deffrent now this was when he was a bee ....but found out drones are male bees/cuter :p so i changed him also this more or less is a scrape pic made in 1/1/2015View attachment 24108
"super hero" Haha, uhhh, he's certainly no hero or saint, but he is pretty super, insect strength and all.