• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

delete

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
"Buyers Beware" is your best helper in situation like this

F

FluffyShutterbug

Tbh, I've always found the concept of adopting OC's as kinda sketchy. I think it's a much better idea to come up with your own character and commission somebody to draw it.

Dongding

The sheep
You bought a thing and you own it now. No scam.

I could ask why you would pay that much for something someone pooped out without either knowing the person or checking to see what else they have to offer. That'd be salt in the wound though.

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
You will have to carefully go through the wording for anything that could be deemed as the terms of sale. If find that they have not complied with those terms then you may be able to go back to PayPal arguing a breach of contract taking place. Otherwise you either go taking civil action or just chalk it up to experience.

Will we be seeing you on Judge Judy in the coming future??

E

ellaerna

A lot of artists who make adopts use the same base over and over so they can do quick recolors and small tweaks to sell more adopts. It's not a scam, it's just how the process goes.

Most artists include a clause saying that you can change the gender, design, and color scheme of your adopt once you own it. If it really bothers you that someone else owns one similar to yours, you might change your oc to make it different.

I'm not sure you could do much else.

ThyBlackReaper

Demonic Werewolf Floof
You will have to carefully go through the wording for anything that could be deemed as the terms of sale. If find that they have not complied with those terms then you may be able to go back to PayPal arguing a breach of contract taking place. Otherwise you either go taking civil action or just chalk it up to experience.

Will we be seeing you on Judge Judy in the coming future??

This cheered me up. lol anyway i think its fine now. they might remove the adopt

Dongding

The sheep
G'luck. This sort of thing is why I never liked the concept of adoptables/recolors.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
delete-or-consequences-19399899.png