• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Demisexual thread (plus Aces)

F

FrostHeart

Too many sexualities! Someone care to explain demi and ace?

Thrashy

The Drunk Metalhead. FckNzs.
Too many sexualities! Someone care to explain demi and ace?
Ace = short for asexual.
Means, that you don't feel sexual attraction towards anyone. This does not automatically exclude relationship (romantic attraction), although some aces are also aromantic, which means that they don't search for a relationship.

Demisexual: A person, that only feels sexual attraction to a person after making a strong bond to them (for example, a demi wouldn't do a one night stand).

Asexuality is a spectrum with several different labels, so this was just a short overview.

F

FrostHeart

Ace = short for asexual.
Means, that you don't feel sexual attraction towards anyone. This does not automatically exclude relationship (romantic attraction), although some aces are also aromantic, which means that they don't search for a relationship.

Demisexual: A person, that only feels sexual attraction to a person after making a strong bond to them (for example, a demi wouldn't do a one night stand).

Asexuality is a spectrum with several different labels, so this was just a short overview.
Oh, then I'm neither... bye!

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Ace = short for asexual.

That's so kind of you to help us understand! I saw your comment right after searching wikis, wish I found yours before going to search... :p

I think I'm none but have some parts from each types combined... I have no clue what I am...

Edit:
Anyways, this is one of my secrets I never share irl relationships... Even those who are discriminated from public may view me as a freak...

Last edited:

Thrashy

That's so kind of you to help us understand! I saw your comment right after searching wikis, wish I found yours before going to search... :p

I think I'm none but have some parts from each types combined... I have no clue what I am...
No problem, I like helping if I can ^^

Exploring your own sexuality can be a rough and confusing experience, but I think it's also freeing.
Just take your time and let nobody push you :)

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
No problem, I like helping if I can ^^

Exploring your own sexuality can be a rough and confusing experience, but I think it's also freeing.
Just take your time and let nobody push you :)

Thankies! UwU

One of the characteristics is that I never ever feel attracted, both mentally and sexually, no matter the depth of the relationships. However, I somehow get attracted either mentally or sexually at some point, and it gets back to non-attached state if I succeed on locking it.

These days, to minimize the complexity, I keep reminding that I never get attracted, and if I feel otherwise, it's my lunatic mind emerging thus need to keep myself out of social interactions during the period. Thanks to this method, now I don't get any dramas unlike 4 years ago...(That was a total mess) But now I suffer from hollow mind and heart, it's painful.

At least saying these made me feel better than not. Thankies so much!

Edit: My family veiw me as a lunatic due to some legit reasons, but the hospital knows more than they do(including these). I bet my family can't stand the reality, so I'm never telling them.

Last edited:

Thrashy

Thankies! UwU

One of the characteristics is that I never ever feel attracted, both mentally and sexually, no matter the depth of the relationships. However, I somehow get attracted either mentally or sexually at some point, and it gets back to non-attached state if I succeed on locking it.

These days, to minimize the complexity, I keep reminding that I never get attracted, and if I feel otherwise, it's my lunatic mind emerging thus need to keep myself out of social interactions during the period. Thanks to this method, now I don't get any dramas unlike 4 years ago...(That was a total mess) But now I suffer from hollow mind and heart, it's painful.

At least saying these made me feel better than not. Thankies so much!
Hmm, there seems to be some people who flow the spectrum (and sometimes even outside of it), which on this article is called "aceflux":
www.glaad.org: Explore the spectrum: Guide to finding your ace community
(I think this article gives a pretty good overview, but as the spectrum is pretty broad, it doesn't show every detail)

Another thing I did when I was still questioning, was watching videos on YouTube. There are a lot of asexuals (and of course people with other orientations too!) That share their experiences in videos.

Just one important thing:
The only person that can decide, what "label" or orientation is the "right" one for you, is you!

cowboi

DM me your favorite dinosaur
Ace over here - hello all!

cowboi

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
Will always accept cakes - no one tell Thrashy I'm more of a pie or brownie person though :p
Hey, @Thrashy! This buckaroo over here said that he prefers brownies or pie to cake! Hehehe, tattling feels great!
Also, call me ignorant, but what's the whole thing behind cake and aces anyways? I never understood that. Is it a stereotype of some kind that aces like cake, or..?

cowboi

Hey, @Thrashy! This buckaroo over here said that he prefers brownies or pie to cake! Hehehe, tattling feels great!
Also, call me ignorant, but what's the whole thing behind cake and aces anyways? I never understood that. Is it a stereotype of some kind that aces like cake, or..?
Why you.... *shakes hoof*
And I went out briefly for a grocery run and grabbed some brownies in the process. Sugar cravings satisfied :3

No idea about aces and cake, frankly I haven't met many ace people at all irl or online

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
Why you.... *shakes hoof*
And I went out briefly for a grocery run and grabbed some brownies in the process. Sugar cravings satisfied :3

No idea about aces and cake, frankly I haven't met many ace people at all irl or online
Sorry! I had to! Glad you sated your need for sweets in this silly old quarantine situation of ours :D

I haven't, either. It kinda shocked me that this thread had a decent number of people in it!

cowboi

Yeah, it's nice to know we're not alone :)
Raise your hand (paw, hoof, etc) if you've heard the "You just haven't found the right partner yet..." response or something similar when you try to explain
*rolls eyes*

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
Raise your hand (paw, hoof, etc) if you've heard the "You just haven't found the right partner yet..." response or something similar when you try to explain
*rolls eyes*
*raises my paw*
I expect countless hand/paw/hoof raises :p
Relationships are just so much effort, and it's too much to worry about. Regular friendships are complicated and tough enough (for me, at least)! I feel like it's all just more stress than it's worth, haha! I'm not sure if that makes me aromantic as well as asexual, but I'm sticking by what I said XD

Last edited:

Thrashy

Haha yeah, it's some kind of stereotype (or running gag). How this came to existence, I have no idea, but it's a stereotype I can live with xD

Another one I've heard was that aces are fans of dragons. Maybe because of some people thinking that asexuality doesn't exist. Therefore, we don't exist and are just mystical creatures, exactly like dragons :D

I think both stereotypes are funny, so I use them from time to time, mostly in a joking way :)
You have now, I'm ace too ^^

*rolls eyes*
Before I even knew that asexuality exists, it was already clear for me that I don't want to get married. It just didn't make any sense for me. So yeah, then I've heard this a lot. ^^

I do not ruling out a relationship completely of my life, but I'm not searching for it.

cowboi

dunno if it's included here, but I'm aromantic. basically, I like sex, not relationships.
*throws confetti*
More representation for me! More representation for you! More representation for everyone in this thread!

Sirhorsealot

Tryhard
XD This is quite the conversation!
Hey! I'm demisexual ^^ Haven't had a lot of experiences dating, so at least for now I think I am. Nice to see some other greysexuals and greyromantics here too :3

Godbear999

AroAce here! Not a single ounce of romantic or sexual attraction to anyone in this weasel.
I can barely tell when someone is supposed to be attractive-- makes things very confusing at times! If you asked me if you were pretty I could not give you an honest answer besides "Well you look like a person." Interestingly, I have types when it comes to fictional characters? But real people make me feel absolutely nothing lol