• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Free Art: Demons and Deities Challenge

Faustus

I've decided to challenge myself for Hallowe'en. Please read carefully - this is quite a specific challenge!

As many people will know, modern Hallowe'en is all about spooky stuff, scares, monsters, mayhem and things that are bad for your teeth. As some of you may know, this is a modern invention intended to demonise older religions, for whom it was generally a religious festival. So, if you'd like to take part, please give the following:

1) Whether you want a Deity or a Demon
2) What they are the deity or demon of - any loose concept will do.

That's it! Please don't be tempted to go into any detailed descriptions of what this being looks like - that's part of the challenge for me! Also I'd prefer original concepts wherever possible, not just stuff cribbed out of old grimoires. Colin De Plancy already covered those pretty well in his seminal work 'Dictionairre Infernale'. Look it up, there's some wicked woodcuts in it.

In all honesty, I expect the deities to be as weird and twisted as the demons.

I don't know how many of these I will get through - or even if I will manage any of them - so I will be picking and choosing my favourites. I apologise in advance if I don't get around to yours. It's just a bit of fun. Think of it like a contest. One of the rare ones where you don't have to promise to promote / follow / advertise / like the artist to take part ;)

If any other artists want to join in with the fun and do a few of these as well, please drop me a note so we can coordinate.

Arnak

Off the bench
God of knowledge
CLIPStudioPaint_2018-11-11_01-05-06.png

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
How about a Demon of Self-Doubt? The personification of low self-esteem, impostor syndrome, and the like?

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
This is my Qilin character YuXing (YǔXīng / 雨星) and for this I propose him as the god of rainy day apathy:

Either way thanks for doing this and I'm super excited to see what you come up with.

Last edited:

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
One final option I'd like to put out there, though I don't necessarily expect you to do any. Here is my alien character, and I propose her as the goddess of magical girls. Her native name can roughly be written as Ticbethuwj and her chosen magical girl name is Yurume :
1499590940.kiokuchan_alien_magicalgirl_roughcolor.jpg

Last edited:

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Gah.. I found one more possible proposal >_< I don't know this is such a cool idea and I had things that fit. I can delete some if you want. This is another character I had come up with a while ago. I still haven't colored him so you can pick colors if you choose him. I propose this rabbit as the demon of luck and chance:
1550883357.kiokuchan_cardrabbit.jpg

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
Well, it was Samhain. So, you can do me as a Morrigan, which was a deity of fate amd war celebrated for her role in death. Thus, she is akin to the modern Maleficent- a goddess that would appear with more demonic undertones.

So that could be interesting.

1552598505.minervaminx_jpeg_20190314_132558.jpg

Trevorbluesquirrel

I would be ecstatic to see a Demon of Voyeurism!

He watches lovers in their most intimate moments, enjoying the sight of bodies writhing in the throes of passion, and quickly getting excited, but.............

Being a demon, he has been cursed to never be able to relieve the intense feelings he gets from being turned on!

( Just a note, I thought you might be a minor, but from your decade on the forum, I doubt you are! )

( Also, you didn't specify if NSFW concepts were alright, I just had this idea, but I'll change this post to another suggestion if you'd like! )

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Actually where you not asking us to give characters to turn into those things? I'm sorry if not. I misunderstood if so. As such, maybe a demon of miscommunication? ; p

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
Honestly, all I was really after was very brief concepts without any preconceptions. Literally just stuff like 'God of Washing Machines' or 'Demon of Large Painful Rectal Insertions'. But this is fine.
Welcome to FAF...