• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Depressed Negative Ramblings

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
This's gonna be all over the place, from why I don't look for furry girlfriends, to additional reasons why I hate streams, to being consumed by the desire for more e-points and engagement, to devolving into drawing completely unartistic tripe on my part. You've been warned.

Have you ever thought "Gee I sure want a furry girlfriend" as a single straight furry? This is a statistical impossibility. I've thought that thought a few times before, it leads me nowhere.
Straight male furries are a relative rarity in the furry fandom. As are females, probably. It's a match made in heaven... For those who were fast enough to sweep them off their feet.
Enter the Latecomer, who has no chance in hell of getting one. So who's left?
  • "female" furries online. It turns out they're male IRL or something. This will happen EVERY TIME they try to date online. Guaranteed.
  • "female" furries who are very tumblr-esque. They'll rip you to shreds if you even think about asking them, so don't.
  • Those really eager male furries that you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
That's who's left. Or at least that's what I think. I mean, unless you date IRL but you're a furry so you gotta hide that shit. But then what if they were secretly a furry too? But it was also a worst case scenario so their fursona and the way they are a furry is at complete conflict with the way you're a furry so it all gets screwed up again.

I attended a stream once. I was just joking around a lot but then the host was like "your sarcastic dry attitude's grating on me" like what the fuck am I really like that? That's another person tainted by a negative experience that I don't want to revisit and be reminded of.
As if I needed any more reason to hate streams. That's like, two-ish fucking times that I've attended a stream and it went south because of something I said? I'm done with streams from anyone but super-trusted friends. I'm just sick of it. So sick of it.

And I focus so much now on the watches and views and favorites I get on my accounts but I'm just not getting enough and it makes me even more sick. Nothing I do works. I want to be engaged and stimulated. Guess what never happens?

I'm on the verge of just drawing stupid crap. An "Ironic" comic where the characters are happy but talk like they're depressed. A picture where I sit on the planet earth clothless of course and hold a newspaper with a smirk, and it's titled "the world is my toilet." For Macro March. Maybe a meme or two. Maybe an MS Paint picture of my interest, badly drawn, for good measure.
Does the world deserve good and meaningful art..? Not in my eyes.

Theme of the Day: Sail, by AWOLNATION.

Last edited:
B

BahgDaddy

Just find a regular girlfriend and introduce her to the positives of the fandom. If you find someone open and tolerant and LGBT friendly, odds are they won't have a problem with furries.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Hello!
xx

Believe it or not, somehow a post here under section 72 states that "Not all furries are gay, 42.61% are straight, 32.82% bi and finally 24.57% gay." I don't believe this one bit myself, but, the member who posted this was a valuable member of the forum some time ago. It's not a necessity to find a female furry as your partner, you can equally have a good enough relationship with someone who isn't related to the fandom. Obviously, having a furry partner would be much suited to your needs as you obviously share the same interest, but it's not a must! ;)

Anyway, good luck with finding a partner! Sorry, I didn't read the entire thing so sorry if I've missed out anything.
Obviously you didn't read the whole thing, but your post is enough for me to respond.
I'm skeptical of the stats myself. Also, in the topic intro I said "Why I don't look for a furry girlfriend." Meaning I'm not searching. But other than that your advise sounds pretty good.
Just find a regular girlfriend and introduce her to the positives of the fandom. If you find someone open and tolerant and LGBT friendly, odds are they won't have a problem with furries.
Also good advise. Thanks, I guess. But there's more to the topic than this guys.

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
none of my partners have been furries, so definitely not a necessity.
and straight/bi/pan women are not finite commodities to be "snatched up". there will always be some and there will always be more. the fandom is growing everyday. more girls will be coming in if you're just patient.

sounds like the stream thing is less about the stream and more about your attitude. maybe look over the way you talk during streams and see if it can be construed as mean or sarcastic or annoying? and small issues aren't going to poison relationships. most people realize that one interaction isn't going to be a good indicator of what a person is like all the time.

does being engaged and stimulated have to come from likes and views? imo, it doesn't seem like those would be very engaging since it's just a small blip on your radar and then gone. maybe reach out to more people and get involved in more things if you want to interact more. idk.

B

BahgDaddy

Obviously you didn't read the whole thing, but your post is enough for me to respond.
I'm skeptical of the stats myself. Also, in the topic intro I said "Why I don't look for a furry girlfriend." Meaning I'm not searching. But other than that your advise sounds pretty good.

Also good advise. Thanks, I guess. But there's more to the topic than this guys.

Well, you can't force people to respond to everything you've written. But I felt like that was your more pressing concern so I addressed that instead.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
none of my partners have been furries, so definitely not a necessity.
and straight/bi/pan women are not finite commodities to be "snatched up". there will always be some and there will always be more. the fandom is growing everyday. more girls will be coming in if you're just patient.

sounds like the stream thing is less about the stream and more about your attitude. maybe look over the way you talk during streams and see if it can be construed as mean or sarcastic or annoying? and small issues aren't going to poison relationships. most people realize that one interaction isn't going to be a good indicator of what a person is like all the time.

does being engaged and stimulated have to come from likes and views? imo, it doesn't seem like those would be very engaging since it's just a small blip on your radar and then gone. maybe reach out to more people and get involved in more things if you want to interact more. idk.
Hmm. Well. Alright...
I guess I am an ASSHAT. But especially right now. Which is why I've quarantined my thoughts to this topic, because the last thing I want to do is start talking shit elsewhere to everyone else and be thought of as such.
I mean I guess it isn't but it sticks with me. Every mistake I make, brands with a hot iron a bad memory of the stupid shit I've done. And I can't get rid of it. And it drives me nuts. If I walk onto the "tainted" lands I'll feel unsafe. the bad memory makes me not want to say anything at all.
Basically about that other part is no one seems to comment whenever I ask. Things that would rely on votes? Completely useless. There's no audience engagement, I might as well have no watchers at all.
I should also draw a picture of Dogryme in the Pop Team Epic style holding up a sign with youtube's "unsubscribe" button on it. Just to emphasize that I hate art now and that I'm currently shitposting.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Yes, yes we do.

_100440165_mitchelltoy.jpg
Beautiful.

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
Hmm. Well. Alright...
I guess I am an ASSHAT. But especially right now. Which is why I've quarantined my thoughts to this topic, because the last thing I want to do is start talking shit elsewhere to everyone else and be thought of as such.
I mean I guess it isn't but it sticks with me. Every mistake I make, brands with a hot iron a bad memory of the stupid shit I've done. And I can't get rid of it. And it drives me nuts. If I walk onto the "tainted" lands I'll feel unsafe. the bad memory makes me not want to say anything at all.
Basically about that other part is no one seems to comment whenever I ask. Things that would rely on votes? Completely useless. There's no audience engagement, I might as well have no watchers at all.
I should also draw a picture of Dogryme in the Pop Team Epic style holding up a sign with youtube's "unsubscribe" button on it. Just to emphasize that I hate art now and that I'm currently shitposting.
get therapy.
you seem very unhappy and could use some help.