• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Depressive/suicidal furries

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Someone needs to stop acting like an idiot, and that someone is you. Just because you had a comfortable happy life it doesn't mean that other people exist in disgrace. I hate you, rich kid.

Well, no one has ever accused me of that before. :V

I'm well aware that rudeness is a sign of fear, you fear that I have disrespected you. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but your issues do stem from a major lack of self esteem. Life is what we make of it, and happiness is a choice we make.

Tchelline

Well, no one has ever accused me of that before. :V

I'm well aware that rudeness is a sign of fear, you fear that I have disrespected you. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but your issues do stem from a major lack of self esteem. Life is what we make of it, and happiness is a choice we make.

Wut, first you attempt to seem edgy with your comments and now you act like a non-heterosexual human :p

Also, are we in the 90's to have such kind of archaic pseudo-psychological arguments like the one you just exposed. Lemme guess, someone has never been in the college, and that someone might be you :3

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Wut, first you attempt to seem edgy with your comments and now you act like a non-heterosexual human :p

Also, are we in the 90's to have such kind of archaic pseudo-psychological arguments like the one you just exposed. Lemme guess, someone has never been in the college, and that someone might be you :3

lol. You're not bad for a penny dreadful.

Tchelline

Well, when you're in a thread about an hero, it's always better to be an homo. At least in my experience.

People who have shared their experiences here are also potential "an heroes", and by writting that discriminatory way to reffer to the act of suicide, you are pretty much exposing to everyone the kind of idiot you are, because while attempting to troll me you have accidentally insulted all the suicidal furries here.

Thanks for exposing yourself.

mcjoel

Pepmurrmint Fox
I've had to deal with people quite a few furries like this and still do on occasion and have to say it's pretty exhausting having to hear about people's problems and trying to help them out on a daily basis somtimes multiple times a day but I guess that's what I get for being a nice guy.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
People who have shared their experiences here are also potential "an heroes", and by writting that discriminatory way to reffer to the act of suicide, you are pretty much exposing to everyone the kind of idiot you are, because while attempting to troll me you have accidentally insulted all the suicidal furries here.

Thanks for exposing yourself.

:> I've actually been there for a few furries on this very forum when they were thinking of attempting suicide. It's not too hard to send a friendly pm or an emphatic notion to give them hope.

Your thread is lacking in both. It's basically this . When it should be this . And FAF really deserves a proper suicide help thread.

Tchelline

:> I've actually been there for a few furries on this very forum when they were thinking of attempting suicide. It's not too hard to send a friendly pm or an emphatic notion to give them hope.

Your thread is lacking in both. It's basically this . When it should be this . And FAF really deserves a proper suicide help thread.

Damage control, the post.

Volkodav

Dad****er
You are the less appropiate person to say that. I still remember how you went masively mad against Gryphoneer in a thread about Baltimore.

Also: G-O-D I-S D-E-A-D

-evil laugh-

I'm not mad at Gryphoneer...? I wasn't mad at him?

Can you please cool it with the hostile attitude so we can leave this thread for people to vent?

Distorted

You take solace in the misery of others
It shows the affirmation of your life
Your heart that hatred covers
So you may give in to your strife

You write over what is written
So it comes easier to you
With misanthropy you are smitten
And you see in shades of blue

You want what you desire
But it has been lost in sorrow
The hurtful past you must mire
In order to survive tomorrow

So long as you breathe
So long as you feel
So long as you wreathe
You are real

Living, burning, brightly your flame burns. It flickers but it still continues. Your life dances and burns beautifully. Never forget the beauty of life. Even with all it's cracks and faults, it can be lovely.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I'm not mad at Gryphoneer...? I wasn't mad at him?

Can you please cool it with the hostile attitude so we can leave this thread for people to vent?

Yes, please get back on topic, I don't want to have to lock another thread.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
You take solace in the misery of others
It shows the affirmation of your life
Your heart that hatred covers
So you may give in to your strife

You write over what is written
So it comes easier to you
With misanthropy you are smitten
And you see in shades of blue

You want what you desire
But it has been lost in sorrow
The hurtful past you must mire
In order to survive tomorrow

So long as you breathe
So long as you feel
So long as you wreathe
You are real

Living, burning, brightly your flame burns. It flickers but it still continues. Your life dances and burns beautifully. Never forget the beauty of life. Even with all it's cracks and faults, it can be lovely.

I read this in Amy Lee's singing voice.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
You know what irks me? People who use self-diagnosed depression or anxiety as a social springboard.

I have had a counselor diagnose me with high social anxiety, which has hindered me for years. It took six grueling months of overcoming fear to finally agree to medication. Some Tumblrinas play the anxiety card as some cute quirk like omigod i h8 ppl plz kiss me. If they spend one day in my gatr shoes, they'd have a huge eye-opener.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
You know what irks me? People who use self-diagnosed depression or anxiety as a social springboard.

I have had a counselor diagnose me with high social anxiety, which has hindered me for years. It took six grueling months of overcoming fear to finally agree to medication. Some Tumblrinas play the anxiety card as some cute quirk like omigod i h8 ppl plz kiss me. If they spend one day in my gatr shoes, they'd have a huge eye-opener.

I will say this;

it's not as common for them to be playing a card as you think. I have friends whose parents are not understanding about therapy, and they clearly have the symptoms for moderate anxiety, but as a result that anxiety seems much more disabling to them. they fall under that category because the inability to see a professional has equipped them with either useless or questionable internet-based information. In my head, a lot of their outward attentive behaviour, to me, seemed attention seeking, but then I noticed they would cite things about anxiety tests, diagnoses, with some level of...unsureness and need of help. I realise now that they're not fishing for attention so much as they are searching for the help they didn't get to have.

anxiety is much more confusing and dangerous to the psyche of a person when the proper information is not disclosed to them.

i'm not defending those who try very hard to have it in a public interface even -with- diagnosis, so much as point out that a lot of these people are acting on a lack of information and really wouldn't know better, when anxiety is such an individualized and detailed disorder.

I've had to deal with people quite a few furries like this and still do on occasion and have to say it's pretty exhausting having to hear about people's problems and trying to help them out on a daily basis somtimes multiple times a day but I guess that's what I get for being a nice guy.

if you haven't, try asking them to see professional help or also looking for someone who can relate to them well. if you don't know much about their problems and feel you can't help them, then you shouldn't feel as though you can solve their problems, and in my opinion when the stressed person realizes that you just want them to get what is best for them (which may not be your advice, but a therapists or say someone who also suffers from similar mental issues) it should be at least somewhat clear that you showing them someone else who can help them is of the intent to help. but, if you're the only person they trust, that is a little different. it can be exhausting being the "helper" but sometimes that helper is the difference between order and disorder

although it depends on the issues. i won't attest to any sort of "professional" perspective on the matter, more just what i've picked up on in my own experiences.

Last edited: