• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Derogatory terms, bigotry, stereotypical jokes, etc.

Dreaming

I consider myself to have a thick skin, I'm usually more offended by the fact that someone has taken offence to something, honestly.

My humour is rather strong, and I do laugh at, and even make jokes, which could be considered derogatory to some. My God, when you live with a family like mine, you hear some awful jokes - what's more awful is that I laugh at every one of them.

But really, words =/= actions. These are just jokes and words, as long as these don't turn into actions, physical or otherwise, there's no issue with them. And yea, it can work both ways, I laugh at jokes made about myself all the time. In an ideal world, everyone would have such thick skin, and would laugh at such jokes, but there are people who have had to put up with situations in which such words and jokes were made to purposely belittle them and isolate them -

Having said that, I prefer the tasteful, dark jokes, as opposed to the plain shit. I'm a fan of Frankie Boyle's humour, my humour can be similar.

But bleh. Bigotry, derogatory terms, offence. They will always exist because, as they say, someone will always take offence to it.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Well, commenting on Gibby's first post, I know a gay guy who I'm buddies with who hates the term fag. I found out when he mentioned he had the word blocked on his browser, which made me for a while figure out how to get around the block using letters with non-english glyphs on it, like fáğ. But in general I respect his choice and usually don't use the word around him.

But then I have gay guys who even use the word fag or faggot to describe themselves.

Reading Deo's post though, I think I know what's going on. Let me guess, Hy was banned for using the N-word, right? Do the crazy ass admins around here know he's black?

There is only one rule.
Why do you care? you're Finnish. :p

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I learned a new derogatory name: Dick-plunger. It goes both ways for gay males or straight females. :V

Nigger Please.

People will always use Racist names. Around my area, calling someone Black who is black is considered being racist. Its stupid, he is clearly black so why cant i say it?

Namba

I learned a new derogatory name: Dick-plunger. It goes both ways for gay males or straight females. :V
I just stopped giggling like a lunatic and you got me started again >:/

Gr8fulFox

This reminds me of how 'Cartoon Network' stopped showing 'Speedy Gonzales' cartoons because they were 'offensive to Hispanics', then all the Hispanics complained that they took them down because they had fond memories of watching the cartoons as kids.

Last edited:

Greyscale

I call myself a fag, faggot, queer, furfag, slut, and even whore on occasion. I use fag/faggot as a greeting with some friends, and nobody gives a flying fuck. However I also use the same term as an insult if someone pisses me off. Its complicated, I don't think about it, and if someone else uses it as an insult against me i'd only get defensive if they killed my buzz.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
Some people are just whiny cunts. Does it really matter?

:v

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
Nigger Please.

People will always use Racist names. Around my area, calling someone Black who is black is considered being racist. Its stupid, he is clearly black so why cant i say it?

That reminds me, I got called "white bitch" more than once back in school. I was too different and awesome and quiet, so the black girls had nothing better to call me than "cracker" or "honky". I can't stand how every other race can pass judgement on a white person based on skin color, but if the tables were turned, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU HAVE A RIOT.

Schwimmwagen

This is something I HATE SO MUCH. Why do people even think like this?

Volkodav

Dad****er
I use racist, sexist, homophobic remarks all the time
I don't let them bother me. I understand they bother some people and if someone finds me saying one of them very offensive and they'd like me to stop, I won't say it to them
I just don't find being called a "faggot" and calling my friends "faggots" offensive, it's just a joke to me.

Something funny and kinda related..
the other day, someone was telling me that calling someone bitch is derogatory if used towards women

So I said: "wouldnt that be like saying "nigger" isn't a racist word so long as you're not saying it to a black?"
They never replied :(

I also don't understand that saying "I have a preference for black men or white women" is racist and sexist. [true story, people find that racist. People find it racist if you have a sexual preference towards a certain race]. I guess I'm kinda sexist because I'm gay.. and every straight person here is sexist because they like men/woman respectively

Last edited:

VoidBat

Reacting with rage or hate will only feed the other part, so just stay passive. Don't feed the bigots, m'kay.
It's not so difficult to learn. Also, don't push the NO U DISCRIMINATION-button too many times, it has a annoying habit of breaking. :V

Only Cpt. Killjoy rage at racist/homophobic/stereotypical etc etc jokes, don't be a Cpt. Killjoy.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I'm not racist, I've just been taught by society that saying certain word combinations leads to hilarious results. :V

Fudgemuffins Dinkleshoes.
Surprisingly this happens quite often in real life, when I stub my toe or get angry. Substitutes for cursing.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
Fudgemuffins Dinkleshoes.
Surprisingly this happens quite often in real life, when I stub my toe or get angry. Substitutes for cursing.
Dunno why, but that made me lol hard.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I dont understand why a user is banned for saying "nigga" in a friendly way yet people are allowed to say "faggot" in a friendly way.
There is a masssive, mmaaassive difference between saying "nig" and "im going to curbstop your ass american x style, nigger" [true story, someone on fa said that once]

guess what.
the person who said the former was banned, the latter wasn't!! and the latter has a history of harassment IIRC

[...]people call me chink and go "CHING CHONG" and what not. [...] I think to myself, people that stoop to that level were probably beaten as a child or molested
how the hell do you get that from "chingchong"?

Fuck, I'd love to see y'all meet my dad lmfao
Racist, anti-religious and pro-genocide as the day is wide. i dont apologize if you dont catch the "as the day is wide" reference

Last edited: