• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Devastating internet censorship plan (new SOPA) to be put in practice starting July!

Judge Spear

Re: Devastating internet censorship plan (new SOPA) to be put in practice starting Ju

Probably not yet. If someone knows a member of anonymous or lulzec you should probably link them to it. Once they get wind of this it'll be all over the fucking net.

I just sent it to my close friend who's got a contact to them. Told him to forward it.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Re: Devastating internet censorship plan (new SOPA) to be put in practice starting Ju

YEAH! I second tha- heeeyyy... I'm no hillbilly. Screw you, too! >:V

i was just exaggerating of course^^ you arent all hillbillies but the amount of guns within the population is rather frightening in my opinion.

Judge Spear

Probably not yet. If someone knows a member of anonymous or lulzec you should probably link them to it. Once they get wind of this it'll be all over the fucking net.

On it. Sent to a friend who has a personal contact to them.

Judge Spear

Yeah. I don't know what happened. The first post didn't show up. >.>

I'm fucked ten-fold.

(okay, Term_the_Schmuck, cool your turbines) There is no reason they are allowed to do this... yeah, America is a great crusader for human rights!

Copyright is good and all, but people take it too far. There is a difference between trying to keep people from earning profit off of other's work and invading privacy... this is invading privacy.

I hope this is fake. I really do.

Even more pants-shittingly, I was just typing a story about a dictator-run America. If my story comes true then I hope flights across the Atlantic are cheap!

Last edited:

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers

Augh, people, you are Anonymous. All of us are Anonymous. Anonymous are legion hivemind, not a club. :u

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF

I am very pissed about this, copyright is useless for anything except executives crying that they have to live with toilet paper made out of 20s instead of 100s. There is no reason they are allowed to do this... yeah, America is a great crusader for human rights!

Oh yes totally useless.

Hey every artist on FA and the Internet! You selfish pricks! How dare you think that you should have any control over your work! If we want to steal it and make a profit off of your talent without you receiving any acknowledgement or compensation then you should just live with it!

Yeah my "human rights" are more important than yours!

There is no :V face big enough to deal with the stupidity of Ruby's statement and shows what little comprehension people like him have on what copyright is and why it's important.

And this is the problem I have with threads like this. That any message of any importance tends to be squashed by the people wrapped up in ignorance and entitlement complexes.

Last edited:

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.

Face it, your nation and every other nation is no longer of the people for the people.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

And this is the problem I have with threads like this. That any message of any importance tends to be squashed by the people wrapped up in ignorance and entitlement complexes.
I know it's off topic, but I want to get something off my chest-
And my problem with these sorts of threads is that all it takes is for ONE post out of control to summon you.
I could just make a post in a completely random thread going "america suxs lol" and when I refresh you'll be listed as a active user and then you'll begin to be combative about the credibility of the source and argue the thread into submission. Like like the SOPA thread, just like the CISPA thread, etc.

Tl:dr; why is it that you seem to only ever pop up on certain specific threads? Also on certain specific topics?

Tl:dr; of Tl:dr; stop stalking threads you don't like.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

My advice? Rebel. Buy your music.

Thing is, I spend a ton of money on music, but rare is the case where I'll buy something without having...previewed it first. If I had to buy every single thing I listen to, I wouldn't have explored as much as I have (and therefore would never have even had the chance to buy half the music I own).

Piracy may not be good for the popular artists that get jammed down everyone's throats all day, but it's great for the exposure of lesser-known acts

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa

Augh, people, you are Anonymous. All of us are Anonymous. Anonymous are legion hivemind, not a club. :u

Let the new people make themselves feel important ;v

They might even be able to read private emails you send / receive. Those are unspeakable practices which could only be imagined in countries like Libia or North Korea.

They do not even have internet over there, so don't even try to compare the self censorship of our internet to their communication situations.

Namba

Thing is, I spend a ton of money on music, but rare is the case where I'll buy something without having...previewed it first. If I had to buy every single thing I listen to, I wouldn't have explored as much as I have (and therefore would never have even had the chance to buy half the music I own).

Piracy may not be good for the popular artists that get jammed down everyone's throats all day, but it's great for the exposure of lesser-known acts
I usually wait a few months after an album is out, borrow it, Spotify, whatever, and when I decide it's worth having I fork over the money. And no downloading shit, because Amazon's music is too compressed for my taste. CDs all the way. And it just feels so much better to actually pay for your music.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF

Tl:dr; why is it that you seem to only ever pop up on certain specific threads? Also on certain specific topics?

Tl:dr; of Tl:dr; stop stalking threads you don't like.

Because I enjoy shitting on your circle-jerks.

And since no one seems apt to point out the clear stupidity of a "all copyright is bad" post then I'm going I do it.

Now let me ask you this: why do you feel the need to take time out of a thread to challenge me on my posts and their intentions?

Tl:dr unless you're going to comment on the thread or challenge me on the importance of copyright, cut the shit CF.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.

Piracy is bad mkay?

Teal

Squirrel

I preview the music on youtube and other video sharing sites.

Namba

I preview the music on youtube and other video sharing sites.
And this, children, is why SOPA threatens to piss on our internet.

CannonFodder

Because I enjoy shitting on your circle-jerks.
And since no one seems apt to point out the clear stupidity of a "all copyright is bad" post then I'm going I do it.
Now let me ask you this: why do you feel the need to take time out of a thread to challenge me on my posts and their intentions?
Tl:dr unless you're going to comment on the thread or challenge me on the importance of copyright, cut the shit CF.
I never said all copyright is bad.
Personally I think there needs to be a difference legally between corporate copyright infringement and personal copyright infringement. Having average joe have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for something they aren't doing for profit is just ridiculous. However if it's a corporation breaking copyright then a couple hundred thousand dollars is a small amount.

My problem with current copyright laws is that it treats both people and companies like the same thing. It's not the existence of copyright laws, it's how far they take it.

As for why I challenged you on your intentions you have a track record of shitting on threads almost as bad as mine. The thing that irks me though is where as my shitting on threads is completely random and unintentional and I rarely go into a thread with the intention of starting a fight, your shitting on threads are deliberate and intentional and you go into it full force knowing full well what you are doing. While yes your shitting on threads is more civil, you still have a fair number of threads you have argued into oblivion.

If you want me to cut the shit then okay. I don't find the existence of copyright laws bad, I find how far they take it to the extremes bad. The fact that we have people sitting in prison serving longer prison terms than pedophiles or rapists or murders is utterly ridiculous. By no stretch of any sort of logic should a person serve longer prison terms for copyright infringement than violent crimes. Also how they charge you both on the state level and federal level is double jeopardy. If it was any other crime and failing a conviction on the state level they just whip right around and charge them on the federal level you would have people screaming double jeopardy, however since it's copyright infringement that makes it a-okay.

Tl:dr; I don't think copyright infringement is bad, I find however the level of punishment they give out and how they ignore double jeopardy bad though.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship

I agree that the extremes in which they take this are fucking retarded, and I still say they need to put a kind of sensible cap on how ridiculous this shit can get.

It's like charging someone $150,000 for shoplifting a CD.
Once.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Well, I better download those audiobooks I want sooner than later. Shame too, since I have like three credits on audible.

CannonFodder

I agree that the extremes in which they take this are fucking retarded, and I still say they need to put a kind of sensible cap on how ridiculous this shit can get.

It's like charging someone $150,000 for shoplifting a CD.
Once.
At this rate it would not fucking surprise me in any way if decades down the line they introduce something along the lines of "reimbursement labor".
Granted it's not very likely, but considering the penalties for copyright infringement have become just absurd and ridiculous and the sort of direction we're heading towards the chances of something on that level of absurdity is possible.

Tl:dr; we're going to wind up in a very bad place one of these days.

Corto

I'm sorry for always being the grumpy one but can we PLEASE cut it out with the "tl;dr" bullshit?