• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

DeviantArt Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
also wanted to point out I too am in the "I don't get adoptables" club. Adoptables and character-designed OCs are super bland

S

ShinyFloof

I actually visited this thread and made an uneducated suggestion in it for the topic poster. At the time (and actually I still am 99% umfamiliar with the term) the topic title confused me.

forums.furaffinity.net: Looking for (Semi-)Open Species

Is "open species" fair game as far as these people who are hoarding species are concerned? Obviously making the term "closed species" off limits in their minds?

It's kinda hard to explain, but you're on the right track. Open species just means you can make your character of that species and be in the community freely, while closed species require payment to be able to make a character as part of that species. I don't really have a problem with closed species in general, just the mindset a lot of the creators (and sometimes their fans) have where they think they can tell people what they can and cannot draw. Especially considering most closed species are just real animals with some kind of theme, usually food/dessert or object tails.

S

ShinyFloof

so OP I know you said others draw it but you were singled out?

Have you given them links to all the similar rabbit hybrid characters in existence to prove you're literally not the only one and they shouldn't attack you and you alone for no reason besides their ego?

I know they said they'd threaten to block evade but have you blocked them anyways?

You actually seem to be taking the situation rather maturely though seeing as you don't even want these people to be attacked back or to passive aggressively keep drawing the stupid thing

Actually, I haven't. I don't usually block people unless the situation really calls for it. But the rant video and tagging me in it especially was not needed. At all. They were aware of the difference in the name of my characters ( Bunnycorns) and said something like "Just because the name is different doesn't mean it's a different thing!" and told me "countless times" to take it down, when there was nothing wrong with the thing in the first place.

I'm pretty sure they're aware of the other rabbit raccoon hybrid OCs out there, as the one I commented on was a commission for a user on FA. Yet they didn't say anything to them. They just attacked me for pointing out it's not original enough to be closed. Calmly too. Nice.

A

Amiir

Wow she indeed sounds like a massive fucking bitch. I'll go with what Val said here

VVV

TBH DA itself isnt a bad place because of two nutjons and their small cult following demonizing you, but I can understand why that might want you to leave.

Honestly they must be pretty insane to give that much of a fuck about it, I'd block them and keep drawing the thing just because I'd like to see them try to sue me for some fake copyright infringement on a made up thing that is pretty generic and obvious to make by anyones standards. But then again youre probably right for not dwelling on the issue, anyways.

Honey Lavender;

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus

Dongding

The sheep
I'd hate to see what a person who wants money for other people to draw a thing that doesn't actually belong to them does in a situation where they actually have a real problem that effects them in some way.

S

ShinyFloof

I'd hate to see what a person who wants money for other people to draw a thing that doesn't actually belong to them does in a situation where they actually have a real problem that effects them in some way.

That's actually interesting. I didn't think about that. This species is being sold for DA points but those cost real money more or less, unless you earn them by selling adopts or commissions, but closed species in general usually cost actual currency, and the prices can get insane too.

Honey Lavender;

So I checked in on the video, and on the journal, and just about everything... apparently, I "have no right to be involved" because I chose to pay attention to the details from both sides (which seem to side with you), and not listen to the sob story blindly. Just figured you might get a laugh out of that...

S

ShinyFloof

So I checked in on the video, and on the journal, and just about everything... apparently, I "have no right to be involved" because I chose to pay attention to the details from both sides (which seem to side with you), and not listen to the sob story blindly. Just figured you might get a laugh out of that...

LMFAO you gotta be kidding me. This is why I wanna leave DA tbh. You "have no right to be involved" because you're not sucking up to kids on DA and treating me like Imma-The-Deer? It's even funnier/sadder if you keep in mind that all I did was draw my OC.

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
LMFAO you gotta be kidding me. This is why I wanna leave DA tbh. You "have no right to be involved" because you're not sucking up to kids on DA and treating me like Imma-The-Deer? It's even funnier/sadder if you keep in mind that all I did was draw my OC.

kind of makes me want to draw their character on purpose >:)

Honey Lavender;

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i thought the OP was going to complain about dA's stupid admins and/or image take-downs.

A few years ago i posted a series of designs from Animal Crossing; pixelated art designs drawn in-game. Sidewalk tiles, pixel'd illustrations of my furry characters, quality signage and alternate grass/dirt designs. Not just flat colors and poor quality. These things LOOKED GOOD! The whole series was ripped down because they were deemed "screenshots" despite being pixel designs. Just because they were designed in a video game for use within said game, some admin decided that they weren't appropriate. To be clear, the images were direct-feed (not photos) screenshots but ONLY of pixel designs. The only reason anybody could tell that they were screenshots was because i said so in the description. Had i said nothing, the images would have easily passed as MSPaint or Photoshop. The admin said they were "screenshots" nonetheless, they were designed in a game, screen-capped from a game and i had no grounds to stand on. i argued (respectfully) that you can't rip down art based on the program used to create it and that any other art piece on dA could be argued to be "screenshots of Photoshop" or "screenshots of MSPaint" but he/she wouldn't budge and the images were already toast by then so i couldn't make my point visually. i showed other pixel designs captured from Animal Crossing and much to my surprise, i inadvertently got a whole group of artists' pieces deleted (100+). Then because i'd but up a (respectful!) argument, i was promptly banned from the site for a week for pressing the issue. Sadly, i lost all of those designs and images about a week before the mass deletion. Now they were gone for good!

TL;DR : Dumb-as-dirt admin deleted my pixel art because they thought they were "screenshots" from a video game!

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
When it comes to understanding copyright, I've found that DeviantART's userbase doesn't have much of an idea as to what they agreed to when registering. I get that few people want to read legalese, but I also remember users getting all pissy when the admins had to tell them the difference between art theft and copyright infringement - something explicitly referenced in the site's terms of service.
i thought the OP was going to complain about dA's stupid admins and/or image take-downs.

A few years ago i posted a series of designs from Animal Crossing; pixelated art designs drawn in-game. Sidewalk tiles, pixel'd illustrations of my furry characters, quality signage and alternate grass/dirt designs. Not just flat colors and poor quality. These things LOOKED GOOD! The whole series was ripped down because they were deemed "screenshots" despite being pixel designs. Just because they were designed in a video game for use within said game, some admin decided that they weren't appropriate. To be clear, the images were direct-feed (not photos) screenshots but ONLY of pixel designs. The only reason anybody could tell that they were screenshots was because i said so in the description. Had i said nothing, the images would have easily passed as MSPaint or Photoshop. The admin said they were "screenshots" nonetheless, they were designed in a game, screen-capped from a game and i had no grounds to stand on. i argued (respectfully) that you can't rip down art based on the program used to create it and that any other art piece on dA could be argued to be "screenshots of Photoshop" or "screenshots of MSPaint" but he/she wouldn't budge and the images were already toast by then so i couldn't make my point visually. i showed other pixel designs captured from Animal Crossing and much to my surprise, i inadvertently got a whole group of artists' pieces deleted (100+). Then because i'd but up a (respectful!) argument, i was promptly banned from the site for a week for pressing the issue. Sadly, i lost all of those designs and images about a week before the mass deletion. Now they were gone for good!

TL;DR : Dumb-as-dirt admin deleted my pixel art because they thought they were "screenshots" from a video game!
Considering how many game screenshots I've seen on DA (heck, I've got a few on my account), I'm kind of surprised that this happened at all.

Honey Lavender;

kind of makes me want to draw their character on purpose >:)
BTW, that journal is gone now... it went full-bore 404 about 15 minutes ago

Honey Lavender;

dang...oh well...i probably should not have done that anyway
It's fine, I just find it funny that 30 minutes after I said "having reviewed all available information from both sides, I strongly believe that x's IP was NOT infringed upon... now can we be adults about this?" the journal b*tching about OP's "art theft" (did you see the bunny run across the stage just now?) was deleted... LOL

PlusThirtyOne

Considering how many game screenshots I've seen on DA (heck, I've got a few on my account), I'm kind of surprised that this happened at all.
There was THEN too! in actuality, this was in late 2008. There was TONS of screenshots of Second Life, video games, applications, desktops, you name it! -images that had no original art to speak of! My images were screenies of pixel-art drawn in a game for a game. i felt terrible for getting all those other artists' images taken down too, by the way. That wasn't my intention. The admin just got a bug up their ass and was going on am anti Animal Crossing tirade! i'll bet they were just pissy cuzz their favorite villager moved outta their town or something.

"Moving out of Shitsville, are ya, Lolly!? Not if i can help it! i'm gonna mass delete ALL Animal Crossing art i can find until you come back to me!!"

Honey Lavender;

"Moving out of Shitsville, are ya, Lolly!? Not if i can help it! i'm gonna mass delete ALL Animal Crossing art i can find until you come back to me!!"
I actually busted out laughing at that... thank you :D

PlusThirtyOne

I actually busted out laughing at that... thank you :D
i'll admit, when Freya moved away from my town, i lost my shit a teeny bit too. i just didn't have the power to express my anger properly. i just lashed out and picked on Nate by pummeling him with a butterfly net every day.

S

ShinyFloof

Wow seriously? That would make me so mad. It seems as if not just the community of DA, but also some of the staff have no idea what plagiarism actually is. I'm starting to think DeviantArt as a website is screwed.

S

ShinyFloof

It's fine, I just find it funny that 30 minutes after I said "having reviewed all available information from both sides, I strongly believe that x's IP was NOT infringed upon... now can we be adults about this?" the journal b*tching about OP's "art theft" (did you see the bunny run across the stage just now?) was deleted... LOL

lol I'm glad it's gone. I just hope you didn't cause more drama.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
There was THEN too! in actuality, this was in late 2008.
I coincidentally joined DeviantART at around that time. Admittedly, it was just so that I had some freedom in what I could post compared to Elfwood, which had a thing against fanfiction despite having a fanart section (yet some users were somehow able to get around the mod-reviewed ticket screening, which pissed me off.)
There was TONS of screenshots of Second Life, video games, applications, desktops, you name it! -images that had no original art to speak of! My images were screenies of pixel-art drawn in a game for a game. i felt terrible for getting all those other artists' images taken down too, by the way. That wasn't my intention. The admin just got a bug up their ass and was going on am anti Animal Crossing tirade! i'll bet they were just pissy cuzz their favorite villager moved outta their town or something.

Yeah, as much as I'd prefer the moderators to be human right now, I'm starting to feel that computer algorithms are becoming advanced enough to start doing a better job without all the ego.

L

lupi900

Last time i used DA was getting two morons who sound 14 spamming my thread with who cares. I deleted my account after one said I'm a neckbeard for calling out spamming my thread.

S

ShinyFloof

Last time i used DA was getting two morons who sound 14 spamming my thread with who cares. I deleted my account after one said I'm a neckbeard for calling out spamming my thread.

Sounds like typical DA trolls imo. I personally think Weasyl is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.