• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Did y'all have a good 2019 holiday season?

How was your holiday? :)

• It was great! :D

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • It was good. :)

• It was...okay I guess... :/

• Bah humbug! It was terrible! D:<

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Already planning for next year! :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm still celebrating! Happy New Year! :D

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Still celebrating Hannukah here!

• Still celebrating Kwanzaa here!

• Other response not mentioned

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
We did!

Despite not making it up North this year, my boyfriend and I still had a great Christmas at home with our cats. We had a nice dinner, I made homemade lasagna and topped it with Christmas tree shaped pepperonis that I cut out with a cookie cutter. We got toys for the kitties in the form of one of those stockings, treated them to some wet cat food for a change and they were so excited! My boyfriend got me the full set of Dragon Balls I'd been wanting, along with the classic Aladdin/Lion King games and the Bowser switch controller I'd been wanting to get.

I got my boyfriend some Sonic the hedgehog themed Eggman gloves, pants and I still have one more gift coming that was delayed in the mail. (Little tip, if you order Christmas gifts from Wish, do it in October! XD). I also got him a sketch pad, pencils and some legos. He loved my lasagna. :) It's usually a dish I reserve for special occasions.

We also got Christmas money from family, and a few little gifts here and there and Christmas cards.

Best of all, we got Christmas eve and Christmas day off from work. :)

How was y'alls holidays? Did you get some good presents? That's regardless if you celebrated Christmas, Yule, Winter Solstice, Hannukah or Kwanzaa (which Kwanzaa just started so...) which as I asked in another thread who celebrated which holiday. :)

Anyone looking forward to the New Year?

Guess I'll be honest, I love holidays in general. It's a nice change from regular, ordinary days. Though sometimes, you have to learn to celebrate those too. :)

Z

Z-ro

I got a pair of Adidas
But what I truly wanted was a brain wash or a sweet fatality

D

Deleted member 111470

It's good - I got to work on christmas and I'll work on new year's eve, which means double pay OwO
I bought two rings that I have always wanted to buy, as well as a bunch of other stuff like different cheeses and stuff.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Yes I had a great holiday and I got a couple of surprise gifts!

Lunaire

Does a vegan christmas surrounded by a lot of people in a small space sounds like a good christmas , because it was terrible

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
It's been pretty good so far. Still celebrating, since I'm off of work this week and next. Coming down with a cold thanks thanks to the get-togethers and everyone swapping germs but it's a small price to pay for a good holiday season.

Pseudo Stupidity

Probably my worst holiday season of my entire life. But still just kinda shitty, unless you can blame other issues on the holidays. Family gatherings and other things were fine outside of the usual "I'm going to pretend to be straight and mentally stable" thing I do.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
Yip , it was good! Went to Sevilla to do some tourism so that was quite nice !

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
Sounds like most of you had a good holiday, I'm happy for you!
Sorry some of you had a crummy one. I hope next year will be better!
I can understand the stress around being with family. I kind of feel like I have to pretend to still be a full fledged Christian around some of my family members...especially my insane grandma who I avoid because she's kinda...controlling and clingy. (I already mentioned I'm theistic here, I just don't subscribe to literal religious doctrine. I'm open to other religious beliefs and traditions outside the Bible as well, like pagan, eastern traditions and the like so).
But...I do put up with my family because I love them, even if they can occasionally be annoying and may not necessarily accept everything about me.
Fallow is right, I didn't even realize 2020 was the beginning of a new decade as well as the beginning of a new year. Who else is making the "everyone is going to see in 2020" joke?