• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Did you ever deny your furriness?

gwenlynnova

Thief of Dreams
I don't ever deny it. My parents aren't fans of my collar, but they're okay with me wearing a tail around the house. As long as I don't draw yiff, they're alright with my being a furry.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Yes, and sadly, I still do it.

T

TheMetalVelocity

I will deny it since I am just about ready to leave this fandom.

Auramaru

Archmage of the Wandering Isle
...you do know what deny means, right?

Does she mean denying his denial... which would make his denial be the truth...?
*has a brain aneurysm*
@_@

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
If you say "I'm not a furry" and you're not a furry. I don't think that counts as a lie ;)
Denying vs being in denial eh?
"I am not a smoker" vs "I am not a smoker *puffs smoke*"

mysticfyre

Nope, never. I am finally making my first fursuit, too, and I'm so darn proud of it that I'm posting it all over the internet.

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
When I'm feeling dangerous I'll drop a shitload of hints all in the same conversation and be amused as nobody gets a single clue or remotely tries putting two and two together... nobody's even bothered to ask why I know so much about the fandom, and they all still think I'm not a furry. I mean really, most normal people are just really dense or something. Who asks why you know so much about MLP and not why you know so much about the Furry Fandom? I mean dang... :p

When I'm not feeling dangerous and someone asks me...
"Are you a furry?"
"No... then again if I was a furry, I'd probably deny it anyways so you didn't react badly and reject me, so really, it just comes down to if you want to believe that I am or am not, and whether or not you take my word that I'm not. Plus, that leaves room for ambivalence. I like ambivalence, it makes way for loads of interesting. Without interesting there would just be boring, and that's no fun." *half-mad Doctor-esque rant goes on for half an hour*

Pepe le Chew

nenenenenene~
You know, I'm not sure I could have ever been considered a "furry". I've always been interested in the thought, but it wasn't until recently that I became comfortable with the idea of it. I'm guessing it's better spoken that I'm an appreciator. Does that make any sense? I'll flaunt wearing the tails proudly, but at it's most basic form, it's an ideology that I've been most curious about.

I'll try to explain myself if necessary, but forewarning: I am a complete dunce. >.>;

Tica

Lady Sloth
I don't have to deny my furryness because I don't advertise it to people. My non-furry friends usually don't know that I'm a furry, or don't find out until they've known me for years and I finally show them some art or my fursuit or something. While I love going to conventions and fursuiting, and of course 95% of my art is animal-related, I still don't consider furry to be a major part of my life.

That being said, if people are, like, talking shit about furries around me, I might defend furries while making it seem that I'm not one myself. Or, I might just keep my mouth shut and let them talk shit. No skin off my back.

Blake_Foxx

I never really necessarily denied it. When I was around 14 I actually embraced it with open arms. I loved everything about it.

I sort of got depressed for awhile though and I sort of let myself feel belittled by being a furry for a long time. Lately though I've just kind of accepted that I enjoy this and I have no real desire to cut back. Couldn't necessarily call myself proud of it or anything though. More or less just sort of not in any kind of denial that it's a thing I enjoy :p

Xioneer

*insert random cleverness* XD
I may be denying it now...

What makes someone "furry"? Just because I like animals and am here on FA/FAF?

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
yes, it's been my dirty little secret my whole adult life.

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
What makes someone "furry"?
How to be "Furry" in 30 easy steps:
  1. Like anthropomorphism.
  2. Obey Rule 1.
  3. Obey this Rule along with the first two Rules.
  4. Smoke weed everyday
  5. Nachos
  6. Nachos
  7. Nachos
  8. Nachos
  9. Yiff in Hel, Poland.
  10. Don't be a Drama Llama
  11. Eventually you're bi/omni/pansexual and have every fetish because the fandom made you that way.
  12. F*ck all the things that move.
  13. F*ck all the things that don't move.
  14. Get a time machine and f*ck everything else.
  15. F*ck the time machine.
  16. F*ck yourself.
  17. F*ck the police.
  18. Nachos
  19. Get a Job.
  20. Get fired.
  21. Set your boss's house on fire.
  22. Get thrown in jail.
  23. Get out of jail.
  24. Get a life.
  25. Only this rule and rules 1, 2, and 3 are should be followed under any circumstances.
  26. Rule 26 is a liar.
  27. Rule 28 agrees.
  28. So does Rule 27.
  29. I am a stegosaurus!
  30. This is the end of the list.

:V

Okay, I may have not been being serious with that list. But yeah, generally the only rule is "like anthropomorphism". I mean, we have MACHINE-furs and aliens and stuff in this fandom for God's sake. I'm not even sure if we're limited to animal people anymore...

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
  2. Obey Rule 1.
  4. Smoke weed everyday
  5. Nachos
  6. Nachos
  7. Nachos
  8. Nachos
  9. Yiff in Hel, Poland.
  11. Eventually you're bi/omni/pansexual and have every fetish because the fandom made you that way.
  16. F*ck yourself.
  17. F*ck the police.
  18. Nachos
  19. Get a Job.
  20. Get fired.
  22. Get thrown in jail.
  23. Get out of jail.
  24. Get a life.
  25. Only this rule and rules 1, 2, and 3 are should be followed under any circumstances.
  26. Rule 26 is a liar.
  27. Rule 28 agrees.
  28. So does Rule 27.
  29. I am a stegosaurus!

Okay, I may have not been being serious with that list. But yeah, generally the only rule is "like anthropomorphism". I mean, we have MACHINE-furs and aliens and stuff in this fandom for God's sake. I'm not even sure if we're limited to animal people anymore...

Sh**, I was doing every step until I saw rule 25. Now I got tons of already extinct sexual diseases, a pregnant time machine, all the police force after me, and a wife and some lovely kids.

Blake_Foxx

2. Obey Rule 1.
  4. Smoke weed everyday
  5. Nachos
  6. Nachos
  7. Nachos
  8. Nachos
  9. Yiff in Hel, Poland.
  16. F*ck yourself.
  17. F*ck the police.
  18. Nachos
  19. Get a Job.
  20. Get fired.
  22. Get thrown in jail.
  23. Get out of jail.
  24. Get a life.
  26. Rule 26 is a liar.
  27. Rule 28 agrees.
  28. So does Rule 27.
  29. I am a stegosaurus!

Rule#11

So true -.-'

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
  2. Obey Rule 1.
  4. Smoke weed everyday
  5. Nachos
  6. Nachos
  7. Nachos
  8. Nachos
  9. Yiff in Hel, Poland.
  16. F*ck yourself.
  17. F*ck the police.
  18. Nachos
  19. Get a Job.
  20. Get fired.
  22. Get thrown in jail.
  23. Get out of jail.
  24. Get a life.
  26. Rule 26 is a liar.
  27. Rule 28 agrees.
  28. So does Rule 27.
  29. I am a stegosaurus!

Best comment ever, I want nachos now

Naaah, I've always loved animal people and the whole concept. I didn't know the word furry til I was thirteen but I've always been into it. Nothing really kept me from embracing what I like, then and now.

I don't really use the term 'furry' around nonfurs, unless they are familiar with it, though. Not worth explanation.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
I've never needed to. If someone didn't like me being furry then they could either take it or leave it honestly. Sometimes I think furries overestimate how badly society reacts to them.
Edit: It also helps to not go around announcing it and/or drawing attention to one's self on behalf of the fandom.

Last edited: