• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dirk Wolffang, a furry Wolfenstein 3D style game I made for a DOS themed Game Jam!

Buccura

I go by Bucky Seifert now
Play as the big swol wolf Dirk Wolffang and he fights his way to Commander Ragescales!

A Wolfenstein 3D inspired FPS with 4 levels that end with a boss fight! Essentially a proof of concept for the DOS Game Jam that I may expand on one day with more levels, enemies, weapons and a proper story!

It's a very short game, can be beaten in about 5 minutes or less.

All sprites are made using Hero Forge because I can't art :(

Link to download

Video showing gameplay.

I'm posting this several places because I'd like some feedback too!

Last edited:

zandelux

AKA Kardek
Are you actually using the Wolf3D engine? It looks a lot like it, but the sprites seem too high-res to be the real thing.

One suggestion I have is to put some decorations in the levels. The walls are all monotone, although you do make good use of different colors to give some variety. Wolfenstein is a tough game to make maps for because of how few tools you have at your disposal. But the original game managed to do a lot with what they had, by sprinkling in columns and other obstacles, varying the ceiling lights, and putting in occasional wall decorations. You don't need a lot, but you need something to help the player know where they are. A little bit can go a long way.

The enemies look pretty damn good. Luckily Wolfenstein doesn't have (or need) much enemy variety, so if you added just 3 or 4 more enemy types you'd be set. Maybe add some extra frames of the boss's death animation, so you can enjoy guts spilling out everywhere. :D

Buccura

Are you actually using the Wolf3D engine? It looks a lot like it, but the sprites seem too high-res to be the real thing.

One suggestion I have is to put some decorations in the levels. The walls are all monotone, although you do make good use of different colors to give some variety. Wolfenstein is a tough game to make maps for because of how few tools you have at your disposal. But the original game managed to do a lot with what they had, by sprinkling in columns and other obstacles, varying the ceiling lights, and putting in occasional wall decorations. You don't need a lot, but you need something to help the player know where they are. A little bit can go a long way.

The enemies look pretty damn good. Luckily Wolfenstein doesn't have (or need) much enemy variety, so if you added just 3 or 4 more enemy types you'd be set. Maybe add some extra frames of the boss's death animation, so you can enjoy guts spilling out everywhere. :D

Nope, it's made in Unity and trying to emulate the Wolf3D engine as much as possible. As for animations I basically worked with what I could using Hero Forge. If I do grow this game I'll probably get actual sprite artists, so we can have more glorious gory deaths. And yeah I would like to add in more decorations at some point.

zandelux

AKA Kardek
Nope, it's made in Unity and trying to emulate the Wolf3D engine as much as possible.

That's actually pretty incredible. Recreating game engines convincingly is super hard. Did you look at the Wolf3D source code at all? I'd actually suggest you market the engine on its own... not sure how hard it is to separate behavior from art assets in Unity.

Please keep us up to date if you decide to develop this into a full game, I'd gladly donate some money towards that.

Buccura

Thanks a ton! If I do make it a bigger game that I market I'd probably want to get actual sprite artists rather than using Hero Forge. I used it simply because I can't draw.