• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Discuss Anime

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Enjoying "The Devil Is A Part-timer" on Netflix atm.

Such a weird concept. But it works.

0rang3

Hurdur
Parasyte, have read the manga and it was quite good.
I just finished haikyuu! and never thought that I would have liked a sports anime P:

I just read Tokyo Ghoul but I might watch the anime.
Any recommendations on anime to watch or manga to read?
Claymore and terra formars.
Though they said terra formars's anime has alot of censorship like tokyo ghoul.

Vær

Mr. Prickles
I've been looking for something to watch, but can't really decide. Anyone have any recommendations? I prefer more action/story oriented anime to comedy or slice of life.
Here's my My Anime List if you want to know what I've already seen/like/dislike.

-Tenchi Muyo
-Ranma 1/2
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Trigun
-Outlaw Star
-Clannad
-Kokoro Connect
-Kore wa Zombie desu ka?! (Is this a Zombie?!)
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-The Devil is a Part Timer

I'm surprised none of these were on your list.

Last edited:

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
vlcsnap-2014-10-03-00h22m00s140_zps00f61f14.png

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
Been watching a number of anime movies...

Untitled_zpse1ed6279.png

Tenchi Muyo in Love
:
The one on the left. The title's misleading here. It has nothing to do with Tenchi's love life, but rather his parents'. And the villain was crazy on so many levels! A being that can twist dimensions and time? That alone makes you want to see how the heck does this rag-tag bunch deal with that!
Such a shame that anthropic characters get wiped out.

Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 - Distant Memories (aka Tenchi Forever!):
The one on the right. Now this one has something to do with Tenchi's love life. Plus we learn more about his grandfather. It's basically a romantic movie of sorts, not much action or comedy when compared to the first one. DEFINITELY more explicit. The animation's superior, though.

Tenchi Muyo! (Tenchi the Movie 2) The Daughter of Darkness:

TenchiMovie2.gif

The last Tenchi movie that I was missing. Jeez, did the makers sat around and discussed: 'What is missing? I know, an ambiguosly incestous relationship! People will like that!' That's what I thought of, initially after watching.
So yeah, the new character is apprently Tenchi's daughter (they explain it in the movie, duh). Needless to say, this turns Tenchi and co.'s world (further) upside-down, because something's off on the girl's behavior.
This isn't the last movie that Grandfather's old life came back to haunt them.
The ending is a tear-jerker, but in a good way.

One Piece - Film Z:
One-Piece-Film-Z-Poster-2.jpg

Is this the most over-hyped One Piece movie to date? Probably. They could've made the antagonist's change of heart at the end more convincing, but I applaud that they didn't dwell too deeply on his back story as they would in the series.

Initial D - Third Stage:
series_15660.jpg

It's the movie (the animated one, not the underwhelming live-action one or the new one that's yet to arrive). If you're not interested in watching the anime, at least watch the movie. The animation is superb (2.5 races, though they might feel short) and there's something for everyone (action, romance, etc.).
Memo to myself: Get a legit copy.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I just finished episode 19 of Neon Genesis Evangelion. These last two episodes....They were incredible. I'm shocked.

electricblue said:
he one on the left. The title's misleading here. It has nothing to do with Tenchi's love life, but rather his parents'. And the villain was crazy on so many levels! A being that can twist dimensions and time? That alone makes you want to see how the heck does this rag-tag bunch deal with that!
Such a shame that anthropic characters get wiped out.

The film reminded me of Back to the Future.

Last edited:

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I've been watching Maken-Ki and the gf I watched the first episode of Tenchi Muyo the other night, for a friend, who was distracted.

CygnusJess

Aquarius in-training
My MAL is here: http://myanimelist.net/profile/JediPadawanJess

My all-time favorite anime is Kishin Douji Zenki tied with Saint Seiya, followed by Yu Yu Hakusho, Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yuugi, Cyborg 009, and G Gundam.

I'm currently watching Psycho-Pass, Terraformars, Parasyte, and Kamigami no Asobi

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is finally on Netflix, how awesome sounding is the opening theme?
On episode 5 now, that 4th episode though :(

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is finally on Netflix, how awesome sounding is the opening theme?
On episode 5 now, that 4th episode though :(

It does have a nice theme. Musically that is. The story is shallower when compared to the first.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Im already on season 2, binge watched the entire first one today, i feel dirty...

ElectricBlue1989

I've been watching Maken-Ki and the gf I watched the first episode of Tenchi Muyo the other night, for a friend, who was distracted.

You have the Funimation channel, don't ya? ^^

tenchi-muyo-war-on-geminar-part-1-box-art.jpg

Finished the entire series last night. :)

Tenchi Muyo! War On Geminar takes place 15 years after the last series (Tenchi Muyo! GXP). IT's known as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. While it may not look like it, character is indeed part of the Tenchi universe. Further connections with former Tenchi series are hinted.
The art style isn't Masaki's (the creator of the Tenchi franchise), but the story is. The story takes place in another world that's far more, um, down to earth, with a more European feel and, sadly, no furry aliens.

It's interesting that they're only 13 episodes, put their 45 minutes long each! After the first episode, the first part is basically a school-life anime, which is fun. But it's the second part that lives up to the 'War' part of the title. Then the mechs are unleashed and the wait was worth it!
But they do talk. A lot. A quality re-wind button will be your friend. Go to Wikipedia and learn the terminology.

About Maken-Ki!... I'll post my thoughts when I finish watching it. ^^;

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
My MAL is here: http://myanimelist.net/profile/JediPadawanJess

My all-time favorite anime is Kishin Douji Zenki tied with Saint Seiya, followed by Yu Yu Hakusho, Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yuugi, Cyborg 009, and G Gundam.

I'm currently watching Psycho-Pass, Terraformars, Parasyte, and Kamigami no Asobi
Why did you watch Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu without watching Full Metal Panic?

BadRoy

Snake awakens
My BFF and I just finished Big O. It was amazing, really. So artsy, so mind-bending. Highly recommended.

"SHOWTIME!"

ElectricBlue1989

Trigun - Badlands Rumble:

11157465_800.jpg

A great little movie featuring everyone's favorite human typhoon and friends.
Not overly complicated, but beautifully rendered and enjoyable.
What a great villain, part psycopath (LOVES seeing his victim's expressions) and part narcissist (LOVES the attention), and yet a total romantic.
Amelia (the secondary character babe) was a total badass. Gorgeous to boot.

It reminded me why I used to watch Trigun in the first place. Man I gotta finish watching that series! It's been too long...

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

BadRoy

Snake awakens
It reminded me why I used to watch Trigun in the first place. Man I gotta finish watching that series! It's been too long...
Badlands Rumble is great!

Has anyone read the manga? I think it's the best form of Trigun. The ending of the anime in particular PALES in comparison.

ElectricBlue1989

About Maken-Ki!... I'll post my thoughts when I finish watching it. ^^;

And because I said I would...

Maken-ki! Battling Venus
normal_maken-ki.jpg

Where do I begin...
Under all the colorful fanservice, there's an anime about this guy that joins up a school mostly because there's beautiful girls. The catch is that it's one of those schools that help train the students' with their inner powers.
The series is a plethora of all the anime tropes we've all come to love (or hate to love). If I ever decide to rewatch, I'll bring a clipboard to write 'em all down (hot springs scene, spying jealous friends, maid cafe, etc.).

Its strong points include the GORGEOUS animation (even if there was the occasional goof), as well as the English dubbing, which made it more hilarious than what it had to be.
The intro and ending themes are catchy.
Even if you miss a so-called important detail, you'll still have fun watching it.
They have that cool logo, too.

The weak? Oh boy. WAY too many characters for such a short series. There's no way they're gonna delve into each and every one. Still, this is probably the first time in my life that one of the more petite characters becomes a favorite (she was that awesome), while I discarded the main female as irrelevant for most of the series. Also, there are plot holes.
As of this writing, Funimation TV is no longer giving Maken-ki! No new epidodes last week, not even a re-run scheduled for this one. I could be wrong here, but I believe it's because after the first OVA-turned-episode, the series starts to get carried away, perhaps more than what Funimation TV can handle, and they gave warnings of sexual content in the show as it is!

While the show continues the trope-listing, judging by the gifs and screenshots that I found, I REALLY doubt that the second season will come around any time soon (it's also a little new, too). There's only so much ecchi one can take before it becomes uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. I also REALLY doubt I'll have as much with the second season as I did with the first.
Heck, I doubt they'll actually battle Venus, the rival organization, given that they get along okay.
I hope they keep the same voice-actors and that the comedy's just as good, or funnier. We'll see.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Anyone have any opinions on kyoukai no kanata/beyond the boundaries

Im three episodes in, seems cool, is it worth it?

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Been watching Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic with Nuucat, and MM! on my own. Less then half way through either series, but Magi seems to be picking up quickly, while MM! is kinda going episode to episode.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Fuck Digimon and Yugioh.