• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do furries puropsefully put themselves outside of society?

Guenwhyvar

Is it true that a lot of so-called "furries" use the negative image of furry-dom to put themselves outside of the expectations of society so as to avoid any kind of responsible behaviour? Isn't this image of furry-dom attracting the wrong kind of people?

Just some things I am wondering about.

Darkwing

I stopped at "puropsefully".

Your grammar is terrible.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
"furry-dom" lol

Darkwing

That's more like a typo, not terrible grammar

Oh, I see.

I read the rest of the post, sorry OP xP

EDIT: But still, purposefully is not a word, the correct term is "purposely".

Last edited:

Fuzzy Alien

What do you mean by "irresponsible behavior"? The people who are irresponsible are irresponsible because that's who they are, not because of the furry fandom.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
What do you mean by "irresponsible behavior"? The people who are irresponsible are irresponsible because that's who they are, not because of the furry fandom.
The way I see it, irresponsible people will use anything they feel could be an excuse for getting out of responsibility
EDIT: But still, purposefully is not a word, the correct term is "purposely".
Purposefully is a word, it's an adverb

Darkwing

Purposefully is a word, it's an adverb

Oh wow, your right.

Purposely sounds much more right than purposefully though, I never used purposefully, it just doesn't sound right at all.

Van Ishikawa

ZOMBIE KAEL LOVES YOU
I used to use it as an excuse for why I got picked on. Turned out I was jsut a nerd who told people too much about my personal life :V

SirRob

Some furries do this.

Some people in general do this. Laziness and stupidity are not exclusive to the fandom.

paxil rose

In most cases I've seen it seems a lot of them can't function in society anyway, so they then chose to shun themselves intentionally so they can at least give off the impression they have some control over their social status.

also;

Is it true that a lot of so-called "furries" use the negative image of furry-dom to put themselves outside of the expectations of society so as to avoid any kind of responsible behaviour?

A lot of people that worry about "furries negative reputation" view it as the reason they're not considered socially functional, most of them insisting "If it wasn't for that God damn CSI and Tyra Banks I could go to the park hugging kids in my dog suit every day and nobody would think it's the slightest bit odd".

Last edited:
T

TakeWalker

Oh wow, your right.

Purposely sounds much more right than purposefully though, I never used purposefully, it just doesn't sound right at all.

The f sound tends to be elided when spoken. At the very least, pronouncing /sf/ tends to be difficult, and in the middle of the word, that f may not be very pronounced. No pun intended.

I am ONLY commenting on this because I was thinking about this very thing the other day. :B

Fire

That's more like a typo, not terrible grammar

Yep, that is indeed a typo.
Trust me, i happen to be an expert on this sujbect

Anyways, I think that a lot of people put themselves out of society nowadays, you're thinking too much, it's not just furries.

And besides. You. Can't. Do. Shit. About. It. :>
So just be happy if you know how to function as a normal human being.

Norithics

Lecherous Supervillain
I put myself outside of the expectations of society whenever possible, if it has a constructive purpose. Meaningless compliance is equal in value to meaningless rebellion, but there's plenty to be gained by living somewhere in between.

Revy

colourful
do the idiots put them outside of society?

yes

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Some furries do this.

Some people in general do this. Laziness and stupidity are not exclusive to the fandom.

But those some furries openly take pride in it.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
Teenagers isolate themselves from the rest of society, most furries are teenagers, therefore most furries isolate themselves from society, simples.