• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do furries puropsefully put themselves outside of society?

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Some people in general also openly take pride in being lazy and stupid.

And coincidentally they're mostly trailer trash or basement dwellers (among them a large part of furries).

It's not really about wheter there are people like that outside of the fandom or not. there obviously are. It's how high the concentration of those is in it.

Fire

And coincidentally they're mostly trailer trash or basement dwellers (among them a large part of furries).

It's not really about wheter there are people like that outside of the fandom or not. there obviously are. It's how high the concentration of those is in it.

I think the trailer trash furries and basement dweller furries and ridiculously overweight fat-ass furries are more of a what I call "sore thumb" minority.

There's not really that many of them, but hoobooy they sure do stick out.

So I'd guess there must be at least a hundred thousand times more geeks and fatties and losers outside the furry fandom.

if anything puts me out of society it's not being a furry it's me being bi

I lol'd.

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I think the trailer trash furries and basement dweller furries and ridiculously overweight fat-ass furries are more of a what I call "sore thumb" minority.

So I'd guess there must be at least a hundred thousand times more geeks and fatties and losers outside the furry fandom.

You can survive just fine with an amputated thumb.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts

I'm not saying that "a large part" is a half or even near that. But much more than should be acceptable.

If you can stumble on them everywhere you go, something is wrong. At the least, they're not properly isolated and ostracised :V

Last edited:

Fire

I'm not saying that "a large part" is a half or even near that. But much more than should be acceptable.

If you can stumble on them everywhere you go, something is wrong. At the least, they're not properly isolated and ostracised :V

You might be right. More than needed, I'd guess.
Or just many enough to give us a bad reputation.

There are almost no furries where I come from, so I couldn't really tell for sure, I'm just talking based on the pictures and vids I've seen of "furries gathering" and based on the uploaded portrait photos of users on fa.

I've YET to see a a furry irl. And perhaps that's a good thing.

Kazdrax

*sigh* Toothless...
I felt it was different since I was young, so I kind of just hid it. It was always there, but I never used it as an excuse for anything I did because I kept it to myself. :/
I already have enough social issues to deal with, I'm not adding more.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
The only furries who put themselves outside of society are severely kenneled.

Flaunt it out baby. Get your tail and ears and let out a big WOOF!

Jack

sociopaths put themselves outside of society. most furs I know are pretty social beings.

Fenrir Lupus

Politically incorrect.
Isn't that redundant?
Sorry, i'm from the department of redundancy and saying things more than once in a different way department.

Seriously though, I did that for a reason, and there aren't many possible reasons. I'm sure you can think of it.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
The only furries who put themselves outside of society are severely kenneled.

Flaunt it out baby. Get your tail and ears and let out a big WOOF!

Oh, look.

|.....SOCIETY...........|
|.............................|
|_________________|

Last edited:

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Oh, look.

|_________________|
For a second I thought you were Surgat

Fenrir Lupus

Politically incorrect.
Oh, look.

|_________________|

He didn't put himself there on purpose.............................
[MOAR DOTS!]

Personally, I'm the opposite, come to think of it. I take care of a little brother, a sick mother, go to college, and work to keep food on the table...

And I'm beginning to wonder if the stress warped my brain...